First Dark Souls 3 DLC Coming this Fall

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
First Dark Souls 3 DLC Coming this Fall

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1312/1312616.jpgDark Souls 3 will get its first DLC this fall.

We've know for a while that Dark Souls 3 would have DLC, thanks to the Season Pass that showed on Steam and other sites. Now, Bandai Namco has confirmed [http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/dark_souls_3/news/dark_souls_3s_first_dlc_arrives_in_autumn_2.html target=] that the first DLC for will be launching this fall, but they have yet to say what's included in it.

We can make some educated guesses, though. The description of the Season Pass offers some clues: "Challenge yourself with new maps, bosses, enemies, and additional weapon and armor sets. Prepare yourself once more and embrace the darkness." It also tells us that we can expect two expansions, although there's no mention of when the second one might launch.

It sounds like we can expect more of the gameplay that's made Dark Souls 3 a hit among gamers. There have been says [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167148-Dark-Souls-3-PC-Crash-Issues] they are "investigating," but despite these issues, reviews for the game remain largely very positive.

[gallery=6149]

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
I'm not sure how I feel about hearing about this. On the one hand I am loving Dark Souls III so far and am not disappointed to hear of expansions later on. However, seeing as the game only just launched recently, it still feels early to hear of DLC, even if it's been a few weeks in Japan. Even for games that I absolutely love, hearing of DLC early on in the release days of the game is always a thorn in my balls as it makes me feel like there could even be a possibility that the game is not a complete game. Now, so far this game does feel massive and big and wonderful, I'm 17 hours in and and I don't feel like I'm anywhere close to the end, hell I don't even feel I'm close to the middle knowing how Dark I and II worked in terms of structure, but it still always pulls me out of my immersion to think that I'm missing something in my experience.

Dec 16, 2009
klaynexas3 said:
I'm not sure how I feel about hearing about this. On the one hand I am loving Dark Souls III so far and am not disappointed to hear of expansions later on. However, seeing as the game only just launched recently, it still feels early to hear of DLC, even if it's been a few weeks in Japan. Even for games that I absolutely love, hearing of DLC early on in the release days of the game is always a thorn in my balls as it makes me feel like there could even be a possibility that the game is not a complete game. Now, so far this game does feel massive and big and wonderful, I'm 17 hours in and and I don't feel like I'm anywhere close to the end, hell I don't even feel I'm close to the middle knowing how Dark I and II worked in terms of structure, but it still always pulls me out of my immersion to think that I'm missing something in my experience.
I'd say this compared to other DLC announcements is far more palatable. look a Evolve, Arkham Knight, Watch_Dogs etc, they announce the DLC in detail during the build up to the games release, making me feel like purchasing the standard game i'm having content cut.

a "there will be DLC a few months down the line, details when we know whats what" makes me feel like an expansion is being worked on rather than a final product has been cut into chunks

CrimsonBlack

Mar 10, 2011
I hope that the DLC is as good as the Crowns DLC for DS2. That DLC was an example of an excellently crafted expansion to the game, especially everyone's favourite boss, the Fume Knight. I ended up sunbro-ing for people over and over again for the Fume Knight, I got really good at fighting him. Plus you get summoned so rapidly.

Okamisama

Sep 23, 2015
klaynexas3 said:

Considering the DLC from every other single Souls game or Bloodborne? Yeah, no... I'm happy to get more DLC because From puts actual work into it. It never feels like something carved off from the main game, but rather something expanding on the main game itself--See 'Artorians of the Abyss' of DS1, 'Crowns', from DS2, or 'The Old Hunters' from Bloodborne.

senaji

Sep 28, 2014
It would be nice they really bring something new to the basic game and not only new areas and boss, and try to add content that is as good or better than the basic game.