First Dishonored 2 PC Update Available in Beta, Contains a Few Performance Fixes

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
First Dishonored 2 PC Update Available in Beta, Contains a Few Performance Fixes

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1362/1362488.jpgThe first update for the PC version of Dishonored 2 is now available in beta form, but you have to opt in to get it.

If you've been playing Dishonored 2 on PC, you've probably noticed a few promised a patch soon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/<a%20href=].

That patch is now available on Steam, albeit in a beta form. Bethesda recommends installing the newest Nvidia drivers (the newly released 375.95, found here [http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4260]). AMD users should continue using the 16.10.2 drivers, and Bethesda says that there will be information on CrossFire support coming from AMD "in the near future."

The update contains only three fixes, each of them relating to game performance.

Mouse improvements, including a fix for sensitivity being framerate dependent
Fixes an AMD cloth physics issue, which impacts framerates at various points in the game
Fixes an issue affecting CPU task priority - the game no longer switches CPU task priority

Since it's beta, you'll have to opt-in to receive it. All you need to do is this:

Open Steam, and find Dishonored 2 in your Library
Right Click on the game, and select Properties
On the Betas tab, click the drop-down and select "BetaPatch," then click "OK"

Once that's done, your game should update with the new patch automatically.

In the post [https://steamcommunity.com/games/403640/announcements/detail/650037138898335918] announcing this patch, Bethesda says that it is not done working on Dishonored 2's performance. "Our work on Dishonored 2 continues. Update 1.2 development is underway and will address a broader range of issues including performance and is estimated to be available in the next week."

If you've installed the new patch, head over to the forums and let us know how it is affecting your performance.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
My review is getting downvoted; I suspect it's because I said the game was good and ran 'well enough' on my system.
That said, I'd still like a patch to fix a couple of the gameplay glitches I've run into, one of which locked me out of a room FULL of resources.

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
Slight problem - Nvidia's latest drivers aren't exactly stable either. For my part I'll be waiting a few months for both Nvidia and Bethesda get their acts together.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Blacklight28 said:
6.4GB to fix three small issues?! Are you sure there is nothing else in that download?
Bethesda have rep for (well, the have a rep for a lot of things), one of them is including unlisted updates and fixes. The patch likely fixes a few other things.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Blacklight28 said:
6.4GB to fix three small issues?! Are you sure there is nothing else in that download?
Bethesda have rep for (well, the have a rep for a lot of things), one of them is including unlisted updates and fixes. The patch likely fixes a few other things.