first fps youve ever played

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
WanderFreak said:
Revolution X

Granted it's more rail shooter, but it was first.
Fantastic game. I have a full version arcade machine of this in my living room. :D

For me, it was Doom I believe, but I only played it a couple of times. The first one I played consistantly was Quake 2, specifically Loki's Minions CTF mod online. I played mostly RPGs and Racing titles back then.

KingSofa

Aug 23, 2010
Mine was Quake for the PC, unless you can count Tunnel Runner for the 2600....
But I'm not old, really.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
Probably Death Mask for the Commodore Amiga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAXTThFUfMg

It starts a bit slow, it's footage from an emulator that really emulates the original loading times.

I remember when I had a real version of this game, my monitor had died earlier and I borrowed a friend's Apple monitor. It didn't have the chroma and luma jacks in the back so I had to run it through an RF switch. This was the only game that wouldn't play in color for me, complete black and white.

guntotingtomcat

Jun 29, 2010
I can honestly say that it was wolfenstein. Not the shit new version but the original.
No seriously, my grandad gave it to me on a series of floppy disks. My second one was Doom, also from him.

Meltyman

Jul 15, 2010
wolfestein 3d i was quite little then and i couldnt dare to play it alone :<

i asked my big brother to come watch hehe

jamescorck

Jan 25, 2010
Goldeneye on the N64.
But the one I like the most is Perfect Dark either on the N64 or on the Xbox Live Arcade. It feels more refined, fun and involving than Goldeneye. The multiplayer was crazy good too!

TehAudioSurfer

May 25, 2010
Medal of Honor: Frontline and Black seem to be the most intense and fun shooters I've played on the Ps2.

EDIT: Oh, I misread the title. First FPS eh? Well, given the circumstances I'd have to say Goldeneye.

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
I think it was rainbow six for the ps1 (a expansion to the game is eagle watch but I never played the Expansion only the orginal... and still haven't beated it) or it was a copied MoH for ps1 it only existed 3 SP stages and full MP mode but I loved it and before somebody acuse me for piracy I only say in my defence I was very young and it included whith the console than I got it by my oldest cousin....

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
Either Quake, Wolfenstein or the first Medal of Honor game. I don't remember, but it was one of them.

Personally, I prefer RPGs, but whatever XD

Mr Smith

Apr 22, 2010
Wolfenstein 3D. I can't remember whether it was at a friends place or at the School Library. Though I do remember at school discovering how you can make a one-player FPS into a four player FPS - one person moves, one shoots, one opens doors/presses buttons and the other picks the guns.

DarkDain

Jul 31, 2007
Probably Doom.. Could of been Chasm..do arcade shooter games count? I remember Terminator on sega genesis, with the guns too.