First game ever played?

Grand_Poohbah

Nov 29, 2008
Aardvark said:
Alex Kid in Miracle World.

That's what set me down this dark path, off which I have never ventured.
Me too (excluding that whole dark path part), although I only faintly remember the game.

Rushview

Jun 18, 2008
Probably Horace Goes Skiing on the spectrum.

Or Chucky Egg.

Yeah, probably Chucky Egg.

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
Hmm my introduction to gaming was via a broken arm when I was 7, there were 4-5 that I played at the same time.

Fifa '98 (PC)
Dr Mario (aka tetris :S GB)
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (GB)
Wave Race (GB)
Super Metroid (GB)

However, as I sit and think about it, it was more likely to have been when I was 4. There was a Space Invaders arcade machine in the corner of my dad's local pub. Never forget the day I watched them dump the thing after some idiot broke it by punching it in a drunken rage...

Navirik

Jan 5, 2009
I started with Wario's Woods for the SNES at age 3. My parents thought it would be a fun joke to have me start with this because i wanted to play Super Mario 3. I beat Wario's Woods before i was 5.

videot76

Aug 20, 2008
Frog Bog. For the Intellivision.
Anyone remember that?:)

(Technically I had tried Asteroids, Dig Dug, Pac-Man and such at the arcade earlier, but those couldn't compare to the sheer awesomeness of being able to play games at home)

HeroOfIsengard

Jan 7, 2009
Hmmm, it is more than likely Ski-Free or "Legend of Zelda" for the Intellvision. GOD!!! that is the WORST game ever!

Jumpman

Sep 4, 2008
probably super mario bros for the nes. there were also some really old computer games, like wumpus hunter and diamond digger.

samsprinkle

Jun 29, 2008
I can't remember everything from that age blends together in an explosion of color...but the two that stick out from my early childhood are Croc and Spyro.

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Console wise

SNES : Sonic or some space ship blaster

SEGA : Duck Hunt

PS1: Rayman

PS2: futuristic flight sim but it was more of a tech demo so i would have to say Spiderman

PS3: Resistance

X360: Halo 3

Mean Mother Rucker

Oct 27, 2008
I believe it was Battletoads. I remember how I used to get through the motorcycle level without losing any lives besides my real-world equivalent.