first game you ever owned

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Well, to be honest, I got the NES pack with the Mario / Duck Hunt game, but at the same time, in the same gift, was Ghostbusters. So whichever one you want to call first :). Funny thing, first game I ever bought was 3 weeks later, when Nintendo Power was handing out copies of Dragon Warrior with a subscription. Cost me $25, which I earned by doing chores.

Mechanix

Dec 12, 2009
Received Space Invaders and Super Mario 64 at the same time for Nintendo 64, but for some reason couldn't play Mario for a day or two due to some kind of tech issue, so I guess Space Invaders was my real first.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Technically, I had two.

Super Mario Bros. - Nintendo Entertainment System

Space Invaders - Atari 2600

I received both on my birthday as a wee-child. One was new, the other was a hand-me-down.

God that makes me feel old.

Daniel Laeben-Rosen

Jun 9, 2010
I'd have to say either the NES I got when I was a kid that came with two games; Super Mario Bros, and Ghosts N' Goblins.
First game I ever BOUGHT was Mega Man 2. So damn sweet.
Quick question though; did you really need two threads?

Alkore

May 25, 2009
yeah i didnt do that on purpose my coputer didnt switch over after i selected submit and so i clicked it again and then there were two

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
DVSAurion said:
binvjoh said:
Super Mario 64.

Awesomeness.
And hard.

It took me a long time to win the final bowser fight.
Yeah. Getting all the stars was a ***** as well. Especially on that friggin desert level, the one with the pyramid.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
Ah, nostalgia. First game I ever played was either SSB or Mario Tennis for the N64. First game I ever owned was Pokemon Silver for the GB color. :D

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Alkore said:
just wondering what was the first game you ever owned be it either a gift from someone or the first game you ever bought my fist game I owned was kirbys dreamland for the gameboy.
I guess that the first game I really owned was Starcraft 1. Oh the fun I had with it.