First Look at Ant-Man's Yellowjacket Revealed

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
CaptainMarvelous said:
Lightknight said:
The problem with ant man is that it's hard to convey that he's small but still expresses the same mass in film.

Now, ant man in goliath form? That we get but it often feels so very overpowered. Probably why marvel gave him a weak chin and kept killing him off.
o_O say wha? Only one Goliaths been flat out killed and that was in civil war. Pym, Barton and whatever Atlas' last name never got killed to my knowledge (knocked out shit tons, but killed I dont think so. Unless you're talking about the other Antmen and Stature but they werent so big on the Goliath and I may have gone full nerd >.>)
I'm not entirely sure how to respond to you. Do you read current comics still or can I spoil something for you regarding Pym more recently? Additionally there's the Scott Lang Story and the Ultimate storyline and the civil war storyline you just presented. This super hero costume has 9 lives.

Regardless, what I also mean is that they take him out of the game SOOOO frequently. For years too. From him being suicidal to just having all kinds of mental issues to being replaced by a skrull.

It's more likely that his powers are difficult to portray and a giant/small character is also hard to depict. It's a novel idea but hard to get the scale right and explain to the average viewer why a really small character matters.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Lightknight said:
I'm not entirely sure how to respond to you. Do you read current comics still or can I spoil something for you regarding Pym more recently? Additionally there's the Scott Lang Story and the Ultimate storyline and the civil war storyline you just presented. This super hero costume has 9 lives.

Regardless, what I also mean is that they take him out of the game SOOOO frequently. For years too. From him being suicidal to just having all kinds of mental issues to being replaced by a skrull.

It's more likely that his powers are difficult to portray and a giant/small character is also hard to depict. It's a novel idea but hard to get the scale right and explain to the average viewer why a really small character matters.
I thought I was up to date on deaths and such which is why I'm not sure why you were talking about killing him off. I can see what you mean about taking him out, I was just baffled by the death thing since I thought I was missing something in the main universe. I think we're on the same page now. Still, with the new trailer out today I'm getting the impression they're doing OK with the whole showing-size-shifting powers but they do seem to be shying away from the Goliath route.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
CaptainMarvelous said:
Lightknight said:

I thought I was up to date on deaths and such which is why I'm not sure why you were talking about killing him off. I can see what you mean about taking him out, I was just baffled by the death thing since I thought I was missing something in the main universe. I think we're on the same page now. Still, with the new trailer out today I'm getting the impression they're doing OK with the whole showing-size-shifting powers but they do seem to be shying away from the Goliath route.
Yeah, looks like they're just focusing on the ant-sized ability which I think makes sense. Now that I've seen the new trailer I get how they're going to make it work and it's awesome.

I'm really excited for the film now.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Lightknight said:
CaptainMarvelous said:
Lightknight said:

Yeah, looks like they're just focusing on the ant-sized ability which I think makes sense. Now that I've seen the new trailer I get how they're going to make it work and it's awesome.

I'm really excited for the film now.
Yeah, think I am too. Its pretty well fitting to the tone of the current book and the effects look awesome.