First look at the new Amazing Spider-Man costume!

Rossco64

Apr 14, 2009
Do people really not get that the previous costume was supposed to look shitty, i.e home made?

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Dangit2019 said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Dangit2019 said:
The suit may be different (and better in my opinion), but the creative team remains the same, so I'm not holding out for this one.

But who knows? Maybe it'll surprise me.
I don't know, having a creative team not involving Sam Raimi worked for the last one.
I don't care about Sam Raimi, I just wasn't satisfied with the the first ASM.
I dunno I enjoyed it myself. I mean the lizard looked bad but outside that it was solid. I enjoyed that peters home life felt more grounded compared to the Raimi films where it was a little bit more happy go lucky.

redmoretrout

Oct 27, 2011
Am I the only person who thought the newest Spider-man movie was a helluva lot better than Raimi's? I'm not just talking about Spiderman 3 either, I thought every single Raimi Spider-man was pretty bad.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Rossco64 said:
Do people really not get that the previous costume was supposed to look shitty, i.e home made?
I dunno 'bout you, but the costume in the first movie was far from looking homemade. It looked shitty from a design perspective; no amount of good/bad craftsmanship can change that.

OT: That suit looks really good, and I'm glad they changed it.

But I never saw Amazing Spider-Man, and to be honest I don't really want to at all. So I probably won't watch the sequel ever, either.

DoctorImpossible

Jan 18, 2013
redmoretrout said:
Am I the only person who thought the newest Spider-man movie was a helluva lot better than Raimi's? I'm not just talking about Spiderman 3 either, I thought every single Raimi Spider-man was pretty bad.
I enjoyed them for different reasons. Raimi's films felt more like a take on Spidey from the 60's while ASM hewed much closer to Ultimate Spidey. That said I do prefer ASM.

Jun 26, 2010
I suppose it's a pretty accurate costume.

But if the film is anything like the last one, which caused both my girlfriend and I to giggle uncontrollably at scenes which were, well, laughable, then I'll probably not go see it.. Well, I'll have to, to know if I would have laughed at it like the last one.

I mean, people do realise that the film was thrown together to prevent Sony from losing the movie rights?

Khanht Cope

Jul 22, 2011
redmoretrout said:
Never saw ASM.

Thought Raimi's first Spiderman was decent, ie merely acceptable. Good in parts, lacking in others.

Thought Spiderman 2 was great and took the standard for comic book movies to a new level. (this was before Batman Begins came along, of course)

Thought Spiderman 3 was pretty awful.

RealRed05

Feb 22, 2013
Anachronism said:
I find it quite amusing that the costume designers appear to have just said, "You know what, we screwed up on the last one, let's just make it more like the costume in the Raimi movies."

Disclaimer: I've not seen The Amazing Spider-Man so I'm not casting aspersions on the film's quality, just observing that the costume was, shall we say, not great.

I agree. Yes, I've never seen the film either, so my opinion is only based on previous hype and box office aftermath. But even for a reboot, I mean, Spidey has a specific look that must be followed. Sometimes a costume tweak can send die-hard fans screaming. Remember the "Batman & Robin" debacle?