First Official Ultron Image Drops. And It Doesn't Suck.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
I am quite excited, but the most manly sound I can make at the moment is "Kyaaaa!!!!" So excited! and I'm digging the new Cap uniform. Although I'm about half way through the Age of Ultron story arc in the comics and I have no earthly idea how they're gonna make this movie...

Akiraking

Jan 7, 2012
I just think it is funny that no one is complaining how this film is being overstuffed with characters. You are introducing an original villain who will probably transform multiple times, vision who will need his own character arc, Quick Silver and Scarlet Witch who have only appeared in a cameo. Along with them you have the original four avengers plus Black Widow and Hawk Eye. Assuming no one else appears in this movie you have ten characters who are all pretty big deals. I get the feeling Hawk Eye will be relegated to the smallest role in the movie, Thor and Hulk will just be brought in to punch some stuff and all the character development will go to Ironman and his robot friends since you know he is the one who makes all the money. I hope it works out since I don't think big casts ruin films but it seems pretty silly to have all this in one movie. Quick Silver and Scarlet Witch are enough for their own movie.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I kind of hate how Tony Stark is a tech god in the MCU. I can't stand how it's one man who does all of this and no one else can compete. I know they can't have Reed Richards, but Bruce Banner is smarter than Tony Stark (something we will never see), Hank Pym is at least his equal though with a shit ton harder on himself for every little failure. I just think it's a cop out that they make Tony Stark such a focal point in the entire Universe.

That said... what does Ultron look like? On the cover, he looks kind of like he does in the comics (IE Pretty Awesome). If you click on the link in the article, he looks terrible.

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Akiraking said:
I just think it is funny that no one is complaining how this film is being overstuffed with characters. You are introducing an original villain who will probably transform multiple times, vision who will need his own character arc, Quick Silver and Scarlet Witch who have only appeared in a cameo. Along with them you have the original four avengers plus Black Widow and Hawk Eye. Assuming no one else appears in this movie you have ten characters who are all pretty big deals. I get the feeling Hawk Eye will be relegated to the smallest role in the movie, Thor and Hulk will just be brought in to punch some stuff and all the character development will go to Ironman and his robot friends since you know he is the one who makes all the money. I hope it works out since I don't think big casts ruin films but it seems pretty silly to have all this in one movie. Quick Silver and Scarlet Witch are enough for their own movie.
In an earlier article I did mention the overstuffed with characters aspect as a potential problem. However, I'm cautiously optimistic. By now we have 2 movies each with Cap and Thor, three movies with Iron Man, three movies with Black Widow, and several with Nick Fury. I hope this means they trust the audience to get those characters enough that they don't need to get too bogged down with establishing them, and thus can bring some focus and development to the new characters. Additionally, rumors are that The Hulk gets a shining role in this one.