First Phantasy Star Online 2 Details Surface

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
I love PSO style, but hate online games. What to do? :|

By the way, the graphics don't seem to have improved much over PSO for Dreamcast. I know it's a high bar to take, but more than a few years have passed since then.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Korten12 said:
Irridium said:
Do want. Do want very much.

God knows how much time I put into Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast and Gamecube. If this game is just as fun to play as those, oh man, DO WANT!
If you're like me who played split-screen you will be disapointed to know this is PC exclusive, so no split-screen. :(
who knows

remember that Split/Second, Blur, Terminator Salvation, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men are also on PC, and they have PC Split screen

and they're current gen

so, there is a possibility

(btw, idk about y'all, but Sonic the Hedgehog told me that it's cool to quote and reply to posts 3 days old
and be honest, you wouldn't argue with an anthropomorphic blue hedgehog who can talk and run at the speed of sound, would you?)

Ryuo

Dec 5, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
Am I the only one who misses the original Phantasy Star games?
I would love to see a modern reboot of PS2 or PS4.
I wish for this more than any 'current' game remake/boot.

My copy of PS2,3,4 still work for my Genesis, but sadly the battery died in my PS1. Still have it though.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:

My copy of PS2,3,4 still work for my Genesis, but sadly the battery died in my PS1. Still have it though.
Me too. It would make a great co-op action rpg but more like a cross between fallout 3 and borderlands. That does sound strangely close to the pso format but the pso open world doesn't have that same depth and feel as the old ps games.

I most recently played ps4 on the psp (Genesis collection) and the others I played on the gba.

Ryuo

Dec 5, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:

Me too. It would make a great co-op action rpg but more like a cross between fallout 3 and borderlands. That does sound strangely close to the pso format but the pso open world doesn't have that same depth and feel as the old ps games.

I most recently played ps4 on the psp (Genesis collection) and the others I played on the gba.
At least for now the franchise is still alive, so the hope of seeing the oldies redone is still a possibility, no matter how faint the hope is.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:

At least for now the franchise is still alive, so the hope of seeing the oldies redone is still a possibility, no matter how faint the hope is.
Too true. I wonder if my Genesis still works. I'm pretty sure my sms doesn't.
I think they actually were redone last gen but the gameplay was unchanged. They just made the imagery more high res.
http://wn.com/Phantasy_Star_II

Ryuo

Dec 5, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:

I think they actually were redone last gen but the gameplay was unchanged. They just made the imagery more high res.
Seems they released it for the PlayStation 2. huh looks a little better, but I would have like a little more effort. Hell the way they have been doing the GBA remakes of the FF games, same with a dash of extra, would have worked.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:

Seems they released it for the PlayStation 2. huh looks a little better, but I would have like a little more effort. Hell the way they have been doing the GBA remakes of the FF games, same with a dash of extra, would have worked.
Yea, it was just a slight cosmetic upgrade. I would like a 3d sandbox but designed more like the environments from PS1,2,3,&4 with little corners with secrets and stuff.
If I had all the time in the world, I would do it myself with the GECK. Think about it, you can re-create the worlds, companions, and everything.

Ryuo

Dec 5, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:

Yea, it was just a slight cosmetic upgrade. I would like a 3d sandbox but designed more like the environments from PS1,2,3,&4 with little corners with secrets and stuff.
If I had all the time in the world, I would do it myself with the GECK. Think about it, you can re-create the worlds, companions, and everything.
Would most definitely be a game I would play. Forever.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:
Ryuo said:
GonzoGamer said:

Would most definitely be a game I would play. Forever.
That's about how long it would take.