First Screenshots of Platinum Games' TMNT Game Leak

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I hope it has a decent story to it; I like a little more context for my beat em ups.

That said, I am looking forward to this. DLC/in-game content or not, I know there will be some way to change out skins for the different characters (pc mods, yay).

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Johnny Novgorod said:
I like Platinum but TMNT does nothing for me.
Yeah, me too, which is sort of weird when I think about it. You see, I'm in love with all things 80's for some reason. And I wasn't even alive in the 80's, though my parents backwardness sure as hell kept it alive during my early childhood.

But 80's cartoons? Especially 'the big stuff' like TMNT (because lets be honest that's what most people know TMNT from) and Transformers and whatnot. So when I look at this and Platinum's previous game I just sorta go "Eh." Maybe because they were so obviously just long toy commercials?

I don't know. I'll go back to blasting some synthwave now. But I'm glad for TMNT lovers that Platinum is handling their IP now. Even their fuck-up was at least mediocre.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Cowabungaa said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Yeah, me too, which is sort of weird when I think about it. You see, I'm in love with all things 80's for some reason. And I wasn't even alive in the 80's, though my parents backwardness sure as hell kept it alive during my early childhood.

But 80's cartoons? Especially 'the big stuff' like TMNT (because lets be honest that's what most people know TMNT from) and Transformers and whatnot. So when I look at this and Platinum's previous game I just sorta go "Eh." Maybe because they were so obviously just long toy commercials?

I don't know. I'll go back to blasting some synthwave now. But I'm glad for TMNT lovers that Platinum is handling their IP now. Even their fuck-up was at least mediocre.
For a guy nicknamed "Cowabunga"

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
That looks pretty damn good, actually. I'm still getting used to the new IDW art style, but it's definitely got the hard grit I so desire in TMNT stories. Yeah, I did grow up with the Turtles' 80s cartoon, but I can't bear to watch that stuff any more, and I know that a lot of the past writing in the franchise has been pretty 'edgy', putting the whole thing squarely in the violent pulp shlock corner I so enjoy - without skimping on the humor.
I gotta say that aside from worrying about the game turning out a bit short, I'm pretty optimistic about this one. Nearly all of Platinum's games to this point have been a blast for me, and a beat-em-up with based on an 80s cartoon should be right in their wheelhouse. :)

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Johnny Novgorod said:
Cowabungaa said:
Johnny Novgorod said:

For a guy nicknamed "Cowabunga"
Hah, yeah, ironic right. That was actually a really shitty punny name for one of my WoW characters back when I still played that, obviously a Tauren.

Somehow the name stuck even though it's such an obvious TMNT reference and despite me not giving a hoot about TMNT.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
I hope the M rating means that blades actually cut things and aren't just cooler looking sticks.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
The art style is decent, but something doesn't seem right with the cel-shading and model detail. I have a feeling it will look atrocious in action. Bayonetta 1 and 2 looked good in stills, but in action everything was just so janky.

It makes me think of those early UnrealEngine3 games. They looked anywhere from decent to great in screen caps, but in real time, once characters and physics objects were animated....

Still, I was a massive TMNT fan as a kid in the 80's and early 90's. Can't say I'm still much of one but if this game's fun enough I'll at least give it a try.

It certainly can't be as bad as the Bay/Liebesman film, right?

Right...?

Czann

Jan 22, 2014
It's looking beautiful. Seems fun as well.

And Rocksteady and Bebop? Sold.

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
It's.... not entirely my cup of tea astetically, but definitely not bad looking. It's a weird feeling when you can acknowledge that something isn't to your liking, but is still worth merit.

In any case, freaking Platinum is involved, so it's definitely worth a look.