First Skyrim review

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Evil Top Hat said:
nerd killer247 said:
werewolf's are real in skyrim and maybe we can become one too?
Your character can be a werewolf in skyrim. Same goes for vampires.
Nope, been confirmed werewolves wont be appearing in Skyrim. Believe me, I'm dissapointed too. Vampires will return though!

OneOfTheMichael's

Jul 26, 2010
putowtin said:
like FO: New vegas....
didn't like Oblivion....
Gave it 9.5

Oh bollocks I'm gonna like this game arn't I?!
Exactly the same here friend, I actually felt something when first watching the trailer and that was....Anticipation.
Ha! already pre-purchased it and going to the midnight release.

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
SextusMaximus said:
Evil Top Hat said:
nerd killer247 said:
Nope, been confirmed werewolves wont be appearing in Skyrim. Believe me, I'm dissapointed too. Vampires will return though!
It says in the review you are given a quest to kill some werewolf hunters. That probably means there are werewolfs in the game, and you can become one.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
OutrageousEmu said:
CRRPGMykael said:
anyway, if a person who didnt like the last TES games gave skyrim a 9.5 out of 10, then we all know what we're in for, my friends.
People who didn't like the first Dragon Age liked Dragon Age 2. People who didn't like the original Xcom games like XCOM the fps.
I liked both Dragon Ages. I loved the original Xcom and think the new FPS looks neat.

Can't paint everyone with the same brush man.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
I just hope the vampires aren't as poorly implemented as they were in oblivion. Give me an ugly face and crank up the brightness during the day? Also the whole don't feed to get more powerful deal made no sense to me.

Spectrum_Prez said:
Do you really thing Obsidian could have made FNV without FO3 as a stepping stone from the older games?
No, because Bethesda holds the copywrite, so that would be illegal.

If Fallout 3 had not existed and Obsidian owned the copywrite to the Fallout license, then yes they could have and would have made New Vegas and been successful at it because it was a popular game long before Bethesda bought the rights to it. And whatever development time they saved by having an already finished game engine was negated by the money they had to pay to develop under that engine and under that IP license.

Also Fallout 3 doesn't even act like a stepping stone in terms of plot. There's basically no references to the Fallout 3, and the New Vegas plot had already been come up with during Project Van Buren by BIS which had absolutely nothing to do with anything Bethesda ever did.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
Hiphophippo said:
OutrageousEmu said:
CRRPGMykael said:
anyway, if a person who didnt like the last TES games gave skyrim a 9.5 out of 10, then we all know what we're in for, my friends.
People who didn't like the first Dragon Age liked Dragon Age 2. People who didn't like the original Xcom games like XCOM the fps.
I liked both Dragon Ages. I loved the original Xcom and think the new FPS looks neat.

Can't paint everyone with the same brush man.

How dare you sir? If people are individuals with millions of possible opinions how can we use broad sweeping statements to dismiss them all. Now choose a catagory and get in line.

:)

Nothing wrong with an FPS except that I suck at them on the console. I personally prefer a good RPG. That being said, I doubt the makers of Mirrowind, Oblivion, and dozens of great RPGs will have forgetting how to do it.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
NewYork_Comedian said:
SextusMaximus said:
Evil Top Hat said:
nerd killer247 said:
It says in the review you are given a quest to kill some werewolf hunters. That probably means there are werewolfs in the game, and you can become one.
Oh God I hope so, so bad! I can't wait for this regardless. Going to be so damn good.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
SextusMaximus said:
Evil Top Hat said:
nerd killer247 said:
Ignoring the leaked videos that we spent all weekend watching before Bethesda shot them down. :p

Evil Top Hat

May 21, 2011
SextusMaximus said:
This is what I heard, until I saw werewolf gameplay shortly after the game got leaked. I don't see how it could have been faked, and the fact that bethesda filed a copyright claim within 15 minutes of the upload suggests that it probably wasn't.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
So the reviewer didnt like Oblivion and liked this? I loved oblivion so ill probably buy two.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
CRRPGMykael said:
And people who generalize are generally wrong (see what I did there?). I liked both DA:O and DA2.

And yes, this review gives me hope that I will enjoy the game. I have it pre-ordered anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter either way.