First Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer is here.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010

And I am rather eeeerrrgh on it. The Turtles look great, I'll admit, but if they were trying to bank on the nostalgia of the old cartoons, they missed their mark. Kinda exactly like Transformers did. Maybe as a new take on it that goes back to their origins as a parody of ultraviolent comics, it'll do better, but I'm not really feeling it.

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
The turtles look really cool. They're really tall!
I dislike how much they changed some things. Shredder is white?!? He created the turtles?!? Why is all that needed to be changed? Are the turtles still aliens?

I'm OK with Megan Fox. She looks sexy as ever. I wish she had a more reddish hait though.

Boom! Explosions! Boom! Michael Bay! I think we can expect lots of unfunny humour. Mike seems cool though, although the CGI seems kind of fake.

I'll probably watch this, but not in the cinema.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Oh man.

I feel a great disturbance in the tubes. It's as if a million nostalgic fans cried out in horrified disgust and were most definitely not about to be silenced any time soon.

Personally... well, I barely watched TMNT as a kid, so I really don't have a horse in this race.

It looks like something I could enjoy while sleep deprived and mildly intoxicated.

Their faces look uncanny valley as all hell though. Which I suppose should not come as a surprise.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Ehhh...

The Turtles looked pretty darn good to be honest, apart from that it was a standard trailer, not too much dubstep (but still a little) and of course Michael Bay's name is pretty much the first thing you see.

Also it's clear they didn't even try to make Megan Fox look like April O'Neil.

The presence of military hardware is noticeable (US Army HMMV they accidentally crash into) but hopefully it won't be a big focus like in Transformers.

Overall I think it's definitely got all the negative trappings of a Bay trailer, but quite subdued. Maybe he's learned something?

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Well, I'm as excited for this as I was with the first Transformers by Micheal Bay.

It looks interesting, but there are a lot of dumb little alterations that seem unnecessary and convoluted. This is definitely on the maybe rental pile unless I hear differently upon its release.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
How much time will it take before Moviebob rips it to shreds? I'm not really interested since TMNT wasn't my nostalgic franchise from when I was a kid.

Wraith

Oct 11, 2011
I don't know man, I fucking loved this. And at least Michelangelo doesn't seem too obnoxiously goofy, plus we finally get to see the turtles in an action packed and serious movie. Everything else they've been in was just humorously clumsy fight after clumsy fight. Except for maybe that animated one that was in theaters.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
That... doesn't look too bad, honestly. Granted, I'm not a TMNT fan.

Nice to see they went with "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" rather than the initial "Ninja Turtles"

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
My spectacularly low hopes seem slightly unfounded, but yeah... Megan Fox as April O'Neil... *sigh*

I mean, she hasn't been a box office draw since that movie where she got nekkid. So I can only assume Bay put her in this movie as a 'fuck you' to everyone who criticized Transformers. Couldn't they get Anna Kendrick or something? You know, an actress who actually has a spunky personality.

Anyway, thank God I'm not a TMNT fan.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
As a GIGANTIC fan of the old TMNT, I actually don't think this looks too bad.
I mean, it doesn't look good, and it doesn't look like what I imagine my ideal TMNT movie looking like, but I'll take it.
Probably out of desperation for TMNT material to hit me in the nostalgia more than anything.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Looks like shit. I wish someone would do it in the style of the original Mirage comics.
Which means all red bandannas, blood, and turtles that actually kill with their weapons.

Silvver

Aug 21, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
My spectacularly low hopes seem slightly unfounded, but yeah... Megan Fox as April O'Neil... *sigh*
I read an article somewhere which talks about her ending her feud with Bay. It made it seem like she was convinced by the project to return. As if she shouldn't be grateful that she gets work as is.

If we're lucky she will do as much talking as she did in the trailer. She is utterly bland and talentless.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Urgh, looks like a generic action movie trailer to me. This is the most serious I've ever seen the turtles, and I've watched most of the 2006 area!
I...will most likely not be seeing this. Maybe if the early reviews are good, but I don't think they would be, given Bay's track record.

That last bit with the mask got a chuckle out of me though.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Looks a lot worse than the animated movie from a few years ago.

Poor first impressions for me.
Also, I miss the days when action sequences took their time and you could follow them.

The turtles themselves look strange. Not bad, not great, just well, mutated. Kudos I guess. Not a fan of the design but it's nothing that takes away or enhances the feel of the movie for me.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
It was surprisingly not shit.
I've been watching TMNT since I was a kid and I really do love the new twist. Turtles look awesome and actually intimidating, that little action scene in the mountains was cool and I do love myself some William Fichtner. Although, I'm still not clear whether he is Shredder or if he is his associate. They also didn't show Splinter and rest of the Turtles, so there's much to look forward to.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
The beginning of that trailer reminded me of the trailer for Dark Knight Rises.

Not sure if they're specifically going for that vibe, but I can say that the "dark knight tone" really doesn't, and shouldn't fit a movie about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.