Beer
Rammstein/Helloween/Metal
Bundesliga/Football
Cool language
OH OH!!! and The Police dog REX!

TheAmokz

Apr 10, 2011
Engineering, Industry and technology.

Once upon a time, my father was working in harbor in Norway and his job was to take care and repair (if needed) of certain piece of machinery. During four year he worked there it never broke down, he only needed to make some quick adjustments during lunchtime and spend rest of the day at local pub.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
Hitler and nazis.

But in my defence, I am a big nerd when it comes to history and wars, and I am writing an essay on Hitlers bunker, so yeah, I know there's more to it :D

Pontus Hashis

Feb 22, 2010
When I hear Germany, I think nazi
When I hear Tyskland(Swedish for Germany) I think of thire flag and a castle. Don't know why ;P

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
Quality tools

i saw some people mention "Hitler" and "Nazi". to them i have this to say:

STOP LIVING IN THE PAST!!!

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Thisgermandude said:
First thoughts when you hear germany?
- Fall of Berlin Wall
- Love parades
- Techno
- Punk
- People that know how to enjoy life
- Xxx movies from '80s (way mych better than present sh*t)
- ORDNUNG MUSS SEIN !
- This Gestapo officer that saved my grandmother from being shot

TheHecatomb

May 7, 2008
When I hear "Germany" I think of the Dutch coast being overrun with tens of thousands of rude fat people who are in fact so poor mannered that they won't even ask if you actually speak German before flooding you with tons of questions in that ugly language of theirs. Not a big fan of Ze German Tourist, no.

Oh and beer that tastes like arse.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
being german i do love how many people here mention things that are austrian but i guess we can take all their fame since they gave us hitler.
And what i think of is that in german you can make new words by adding two other words, it's hilarious.

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
I think of modern engineering and good quality cars. Then I suppose the next thing on my list would be beer...

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
I think of the Black Forest, for some reason, and Neuschwanstein Castle.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
My roommate's cousin who moved to Germany. he is a massive xbox fanboy who will even buy shovelwares just for achievements.

next, BMW and VW

and then Nazis. Yeah I said it.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I am german, so...

Green Energy, Nice scenery, really, really bad television. Oh... and we also started a war at some point.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
I think of the Medic from TF2, sausage, and Nazis when i hear Germany. Not particularly in that order.

Lord RPGs

Jan 31, 2009
Mostly sausage. Damn, those germans know how to make pig taste good without falling back on bacon. After that, I think about Germans, but then my thoughts wind up on the sausages again and wondering how the hell they make them so nice.

I blame the fact that I can't find any frequent source of them in Australia.

capper42

Nov 20, 2009
Sausages, beer and chocolate! I love Germans now. I have a German housemate at uni, and when her parents stayed at our house for a couple of days they repaid us with a huge crate of German beer and a massive basket of chocolate.

I definitely don't associate the actions of an extremest government over 50 years ago with Germany today.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
I almost never think of the war when I think of Germany, that was way back. I just instantly feel the hatred the Dutch have had for them since long before the war. I haven't figured out why I hate them so much, but every time I hear German, or meet a German, I feel twitchy with completely irrational hatred.