First Total War: Warhammer Patch Brings Blood Knights, DX12 Support, and More

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
First Total War: Warhammer Patch Brings Blood Knights, DX12 Support, and More

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1333/1333260.jpgThe first update for Total War: Warhammer is launching today, and it's packed with content, changes, and fixes.

Since the release of Total War: Warhammer in May, we haven't heard much from Creative Assembly. It's now obvious why that is, as the first update for the game is absolutely loaded with content and updates.

The biggest addition is the Blood Knights unit. They serve as tier 5 shock cavalry for the Vampire Courts. The patch notes describe them thusly:

"Once the order of The Knights of The Blood Dragon, these noble warriors were dominated and given The Blood Kiss by the vampire Walach of the Harkon family. In undeath, their skill is no less potent: they are among the most powerful cavalry in The Old World."

Also included is the option to opt into a beta for DirectX 12. Before you try it out, make sure you meet the system requirements listed here [http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_DirectX_12_System_Requirements].

Five new multiplayer maps are included in this update, as well as a long list of multiplayer-specific fixes and updates. The five new maps are:

Alpine Ridge
Crossroads
Heorot Ridge
Peak Pass
Blue Reach River

You can see all the changes on the Total War: Warhammer wiki [http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1], but be warned - the list is absolutely massive.

The update should be live for everyone now, and represents the first of a number of planned free DLC packs for the game.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Also the blood and gore paid DLC is now live too, titled "Blood for the Blood Gods" and goes for $2.99 if I read right.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Just let me play as Bretonnia in the campaign without a mod that only half-works.
And the remaining units that were not included yet like Sword Men-at-Arms, Grial Pilgrams, and Prophetess of the Lady.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I got really excited when I saw "First Total War: Warhammer Patch Brings Blood"

and then really disappointed when I saw "Knights".

Now I see the first comment that the blood DLC is out. I'm not surprised. Just salty.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Blitsie said:
Also the blood and gore paid DLC is now live too, titled "Blood for the Blood Gods" and goes for $2.99 if I read right.
You have to pay for blood and gore in a Warhammer game?

What the fuck.

talker

Nov 18, 2011
RedDeadFred said:
Blitsie said:

What the fuck.
Well to be fair, it's not exactly easy to implement in a game as CPU-heavy as a recently released Total War.

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
Total War has a big playerbase in places around the world where the blood and gore would bump their rating, I think this might be why they leave it out.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
RedDeadFred said:
Blitsie said:

What the fuck.
And this isn't their first time! I think it was in Rome 2 or one of the previous recent ones that also had blood and gore as paid DLC.

Meh, I feel like being bad and grabbing it, I'm horribly addicted to the game and the added gore will make my demigryph death squad massacres look much more metal.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
Blitsie said:
RedDeadFred said:
Blitsie said:

What the fuck.
And this isn't their first time! I think it was in Rome 2 or one of the previous recent ones that also had blood and gore as paid DLC.

Meh, I feel like being bad and grabbing it, I'm horribly addicted to the game and the added gore will make my demigryph death squad massacres look much more metal.
They started making blood seperate with Shogun 2 and have kept it that way with each game since. Even if it is a rating dodge, it feels like a cash grab.

OT: Still looks like a fun game, but I don't trust CA enough to buy the game now and need to pay a ton for the next dozen DLCs.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
LostCrusader said:
They started making blood seperate with Shogun 2 and have kept it that way with each game since. Even if it is a rating dodge, it feels like a cash grab.

OT: Still looks like a fun game, but I don't trust CA enough to buy the game now and need to pay a ton for the next dozen DLCs.
I think its a little from column A and a little from column B on the blood thing. Sure, its a ratings dodge...but they ALSO realised they could make a bit of money from it whilst doing so.

And agreed on your second bit. All the nonsense that's gone around this game put me right off it; couple that with CA's recent track record being fairly poor (that is to say...they've not produced a truly great game, as far as I'm concerned, since the first Rome) and their absolutely shocking DLC practices that only seem to have been getting worse and they've finally turned me into someone who "new Total War game" no longer means day one purchase. Now I'm going to wait for whatever 'game of the year' edition they throw together.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Just let me play as Bretonnia in the campaign without a mod that only half-works.
And the remaining units that were not included yet like Sword Men-at-Arms, Grial Pilgrams, and Prophetess of the Lady.
Hell, I'd just settle for knights that can climb a siege ladder.