First Trailer And Screenshots Of Resident Evil Zero Remake

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
First Trailer And Screenshots Of Resident Evil Zero Remake

Go back to where it all began (again)

Capcom has released a first trailer for the upcoming, remastered release of Resident Evil Zero. Its definition, as you might expect, is high.

Actually, it's a little bit of a shock when you watch it. The first half of the video consists of pre-rendered video cutscenes and they're very soft in terms of their detail. It looks alright, but everything has that cloudy haze often used to conceal less-than-detailed CG.

When it snaps to gameplay footage at the fifty second mark, however, the fog is gone and suddenly things come into focus. Then they get really crisp for a moment, and then they get a little blurry again. There is some visual inconsistency, let's just leave it at that.

In addition to the trailer, Capcom has produced a batch of still images, mostly of train interiors and occasionally with zombies.

[gallery=4233]

Originally released in 2002 for the Nintendo GameCube and later ported to the Wii, Resident Evil Zero is the prequel chapter in the genre-defining survival horror game series. The newly remastered version of the game is planned for an early 2016 release on PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I'm really glad this is happening. Just like with REmake, the Gamecube release is already gorgeous, but if the same level of care is put into this as the ReRemake then I'll be glad to add it to the growing PC collection of RE games.

A lot of people didn't get a chance to play this one due to the Nintendo exclusivity, and it's a lot of fun when the Rebecca/Billy 2-person puzzles aren't really silly. I wasn't expecting to see it released to a wider audience than the Wii port, so this is great. The last pre-rendered tank controlled classic RE before 4.

It's a shame that 2 and 3 were never re-done, an HD-ification of the native assets would be total ass. It would just be awesome to have HD 0-Rev2 on the PC, but I'll definitely take this.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Can we please stop calling this a remake? It's a port. They upped the render-resolution and nothing else. They didn't redo the game from scratch.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
good. another title i always wanted to play when it was released but coulndt since its not available on pc. now i have the chance next year. so far nothing on steam yet but im sure it will come soon as a pre order.
if they charge the same price as for the remastered version (which reminds me i still havent finished playing as chris), i will get it on day 1, just to show capcom that these titles are certainly demanded and hopefully make RE7 creepy enough. at least the revelation titles are very good and fun to play that were to some extend creepy.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
PORT.

its not a remake guys! It's not any different from when the last version was released! This is called a PORT guys! A PORT, it cant be called a remake if nothing is being reMADE, you get me? Theres no need to call it a remake since its just a cheap port to make quick cash like the milked legacy collection for megaman, which are also PORTS.

Im sorry, it just angers me when people misuse remake for port x.x

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
*sigh* port.

OP, REmake is a port of a remake of RE1 made for the GC. There is no content that I would consider *new* other than a few graphical tweaks.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
It's not a strait port because they likely (and I say likely because I haven't yet seen a source confirm it) redid the static art assets and textures for higher resolution. A strait port would mean they redid the code base that runs the game to work on different hardware without adjusting the art assets.