First Trailer Released for Five Nights at Freddy's Sister Location

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
Who's betting that MattPat from GameTheory will tackle Sister Location?
I'd check to see if the world was ending via the apocalypse if he didn't. It's probably his most well known series of videos!

Areloch

It's that one guy
Dec 10, 2012
Pretty interesting trailer. Has a good, solid creepery vibe to it, which is good.

Honestly though, mechanically, it's probably going to be exactly like the prior FNAFs, but taking cues from 4, it'll have the camera moving about - in this case, you'll have the move transition be going through ducts and the like to move room to room.

The implication of trying to stay away/ahead of the animatronics, even if mechanically it's similar in how you'd move, is pretty interesting to me.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Elvis Starburst said:
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
I have to wonder if Scott Cawthon knows he sort of created an ARG in the whole lore theory of FNaF. I mean people read deep into it, and there's some interesting stuff they've come up with as "canon". Intentionally vague and conflicting canon with no hard canon sources... its kind of a game in and of itself to craft the lore.
That's what I like most about FNaF. I haven't really touched the games, I like watching Mark play them, but the lore is what has me interested. I'm not a lore junkie normally, I don't sit around reading mass amounts of stuff to learn every inch of a world. But FNaF is... really interesting to me. I love the speculation, and I love how everything comes together (Even if it was made up as he went along, I don't care. My D&D campaign has a lot of that and the group loves it). It's all quite interesting stuff
Honestly its the same thing here. I'm not much for the games, though I respect how well crafted they are, the lore community is a neat side effect. Its fairly deep, and interesting. I even broke down and bought the book, which isn't bad and, paired with my weird imagination, turns out to be quite creepy. I'm actually thinking it could do well as a horror film.
But yeah, the lore's just addictingly good for some reason. Might be the passion the theorists put into it that makes it so compelling.

dishwasherwong

Sep 30, 2009
Is Scott doing this because FNaF World didn't do so well? I genuinely thought he was done with the whole jump scare thing after 4.

On the flip side it does look like he has switched up the formula from the entire game being restricted to just one area.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Dr. Thrax said:
lacktheknack said:
why are their faces quartered
Why are people not asking this question more often?
Not only is it actually pretty creepy, but also kinda stupid.
But still creepy.
But still stupid.
Asking why their faces are quartered is the obvious question.

My question is, why the hell does Freddy have a Bonnie hand-puppet arm? I can see that leading to some pants-shitting moments. Also, it reminds me of this:

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Dr. Thrax said:
lacktheknack said:
But still creepy.
But still stupid.
VERY stupid. Same as building a pizzeria deep underground, it's something no one in their right mind would sink the time and money into making, but it sounds spooky, so in it goes. I guess fold-open faces are a compromise between fully-constructed anamatronics and the partly damaged ones to keep things smelling fresh.

Eventually, he's going to make a game with singing, neon clowns in a bouncy castle or something, just push things into the most ridiculous territory possible to prove that it doesn't matter what's doing the jumpscares, just as long as there are jumpscares.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I am pretty interested in this. The FNaF games are too jump-scary for me to play (I'm naturally jumpy and it's seriously not good for my heart), but I have really enjoyed watching markiplier play them and I bought the series just to support the creator. So, yeah, I guess I'm a fan.

While I understand Cawthon's desire to branch out, I am glad to see another FNaF game. I would like some more story, but also I just really like how overwhelmingly creepy they are and how fast he can pump the things out. I am not looking forward to what the fandom will do with that little girl clown considering the reaction chica drew in some quarters of the internet.

I still hope FNaF World still comes out at some point, just because it's so cute and I want to see Cawthon get to try other projects.

Verrik

Sep 28, 2012
LaughingAtlas said:
Dr. Thrax said:
lacktheknack said:
But still creepy.
But still stupid.
VERY stupid. Same as building a pizzeria deep underground, it's something no one in their right mind would sink the time and money into making, but it sounds spooky, so in it goes. I guess fold-open faces are a compromise between fully-constructed anamatronics and the partly damaged ones to keep things smelling fresh.

Eventually, he's going to make a game with singing, neon clowns in a bouncy castle or something, just push things into the most ridiculous territory possible to prove that it doesn't matter what's doing the jumpscares, just as long as there are jumpscares.
Well, as far as the whole "pizzeria" thing goes, we don't actually know if this game takes place in a pizzera. Everything we've seen in the trailer suggests otherwise. It's more than likely some underground facility the bots were stuffed into after it was discovered they were "malfunctioning" (in other words: murdering people :p)

And as for the face opening thing, I've heard that there are some animatronics that actually do have parts of their face like this, to show emotion, or something like that, can't remember the exact words they used. Scott's creations are obviously more exaggerated in that aspect, and I suspect, if there is a Phone Guy in this game, they'll explain that the faces open to make repairing the animatronics easier. And of course, faces opening to reveal the endoskeletons underneath add to the creepy factor, as is appropriate for a horror game.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Verrik said:
LaughingAtlas said:
Dr. Thrax said:
lacktheknack said:
But still creepy.
But still stupid.

Well, as far as the whole "pizzeria" thing goes, we don't actually know if this game takes place in a pizzera. Everything we've seen in the trailer suggests otherwise. It's more than likely some underground facility the bots were stuffed into after it was discovered they were "malfunctioning" (in other words: murdering people :p)

And as for the face opening thing, I've heard that there are some animatronics that actually do have parts of their face like this, to show emotion, or something like that, can't remember the exact words they used. Scott's creations are obviously more exaggerated in that aspect, and I suspect, if there is a Phone Guy in this game, they'll explain that the faces open to make repairing the animatronics easier. And of course, faces opening to reveal the endoskeletons underneath add to the creepy factor, as is appropriate for a horror game.
The name of the game is Sister Location, unless they mean "There was never just one... storage facility." One imagines that that means they do the same thing as the first one, and it looks like they even have the stage for Chuck-E-Cheess's-style music. I'm drawing a blank for what else the little girl and animal mascots might be for.

Having the plates move to simulate facial expressions is one thing. Having them built so they can look like one of the spitters from Jurassic Park is quite another. Then again, I don't know much about animatronic face construction. Would having several fold-open flaps make fixing it easier when necessary, or would you want to be able to just detach the whole face like the cover of an oscillating fan? Seems like the latter would be the way to go for the sake of expedience and design simplicity, but maybe needing the parts to move complicates that.

KaraFang

Aug 3, 2015
Dr. Thrax said:
lacktheknack said:
But still creepy.
But still stupid.
Stupid as these are, I supposition, new robots for a resturant and no sane person would use them.

Creepy as in = Guuuhhh (looks at their faces sliding about and the gears and metallic teeth underneath) GUUUHHH!!!!!!

(shudders) Awful, wonderful, creations. Ick.

Verrik

Sep 28, 2012
LaughingAtlas said:
Verrik said:
LaughingAtlas said:
Dr. Thrax said:
lacktheknack said:
But still creepy.
But still stupid.

The name of the game is Sister Location, unless they mean "There was never just one... storage facility." One imagines that that means they do the same thing as the first one, and it looks like they even have the stage for Chuck-E-Cheess's-style music. I'm drawing a blank for what else the little girl and animal mascots might be for.

Having the plates move to simulate facial expressions is one thing. Having them built so they can look like one of the spitters from Jurassic Park is quite another. Then again, I don't know much about animatronic face construction. Would having several fold-open flaps make fixing it easier when necessary, or would you want to be able to just detach the whole face like the cover of an oscillating fan? Seems like the latter would be the way to go for the sake of expedience and design simplicity, but maybe needing the parts to move complicates that.
Alright, it's difficult for me to explain things, but bear with me.

Yes, the name is "Sister Location", but that doesn't mean the game takes place in that sister location. These animatronics could just be FROM the Sister Location, and the story could relate to exploring this facility which the, no doubt, murderous animatronics were tossed into and figuring out exactly what happened at the sister location. Basically, it's still too early to claim one way or the other, exactly where this game takes place.

As for the faceplates, in REALITY, yes, it would make more sense to just detach the whole face. However, as with previous FNAF games, these animatronics and how they work, are not bound strictly in reality. Remember the "spring suits"? Realistically, no one would use suits like that, however they exist in the FNAF universe, and in FNAF 3, the phone guy explains to employees how to properly use them. Same could be happen in this new game. This could just be the way that the people in the FNAF universe decided to design these suits.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Huh, this feels... different.

Well, second verse same same as the first, gonna play it in the dark with headphones, hating that decision the whole time, followed by watching Markimoo scare himself silly then drive himself crazy with whatever the new All-20 mode is, followed by a GameTheory video putting it all together.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And as easy as it would be to make a crack about it releasing early, I was thinkin' about how funny it would be if it actually releases when it's supposed to.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Verrik said:
LaughingAtlas said:
Verrik said:
LaughingAtlas said:
Dr. Thrax said:
lacktheknack said:
But still creepy.
But still stupid.

Yes, the name is "Sister Location", but that doesn't mean the game takes place in that sister location. These animatronics could just be FROM the Sister Location, and the story could relate to exploring this facility which the, no doubt, murderous animatronics were tossed into and figuring out exactly what happened at the sister location. Basically, it's still too early to claim one way or the other, exactly where this game takes place.

As for the faceplates, in REALITY, yes, it would make more sense to just detach the whole face. However, as with previous FNAF games, these animatronics and how they work, are not bound strictly in reality. Remember the "spring suits"? Realistically, no one would use suits like that, however they exist in the FNAF universe, and in FNAF 3, the phone guy explains to employees how to properly use them. Same could be happen in this new game. This could just be the way that the people in the FNAF universe decided to design these suits.
True, they might have been doing that stage pose thing just out of habit, so we might actually get that free-roaming thing this time. It'd certainly be a little fresher (for FNAF, anyway, because it might be functionally identical to Amnesia: The Dark Descent +jumpscares), though I understand fan-made game Joy of Creation is doing something similar. Still, this time it might be official!

On the faceplates again, are we acknowledging that no sane person designs things this way and that they are flat-out going with stupid and impractical for the sake of making them scary? Because "That's just how they decided to make them." isn't a stellar defense, and no one in their right mind deliberately designs childrens' entertainment (unless this was to be a hybrid of Chuck E Cheese's and an insane asylum, which at this point wouldn't surprise me) to be at all creepy or off-putting, let alone much harder to manage.

FNAF has never really made sense, and this is just another load on the Nonsense Pile.

Verrik

Sep 28, 2012
LaughingAtlas said:
Verrik said:
LaughingAtlas said:
Verrik said:
LaughingAtlas said:
Dr. Thrax said:
lacktheknack said:
But still creepy.
But still stupid.

True, they might have been doing that stage pose thing just out of habit, so we might actually get that free-roaming thing this time. It'd certainly be a little fresher (for FNAF, anyway, because it might be functionally identical to Amnesia: The Dark Descent +jumpscares), though I understand fan-made game Joy of Creation is doing something similar. Still, this time it might be official!

On the faceplates again, are we acknowledging that no sane person designs things this way and that they are flat-out going with stupid and impractical for the sake of making them scary? Because "That's just how they decided to make them." isn't a stellar defense, and no one in their right mind deliberately designs childrens' entertainment (unless this was to be a hybrid of Chuck E Cheese's and an insane asylum, which at this point wouldn't surprise me) to be at all creepy or off-putting, let alone much harder to manage.

FNAF has never really made sense, and this is just another load on the Nonsense Pile.
That's what I'm saying. None of FNAF is really grounded in reality. It's never been since the beginning. Using Power to keep doors shut, a security guard that keeps coming back night after night, despite his life constantly being in danger, using a Freddy mask to keep animatronics from killing you lol. If you had a problem with things like this in the beginning, you're obviously going to have a problem with it now.

However, I've gotten used to FNAF's brand of "logic", as have others. Which is why the whole face opening thing didn't surprise me, and doesn't bother me. No doubt there will be some goofy explanation as to why the animatronics were built this way. I don't think Scott is aiming for "ultra realism" in these games in the first place. His aim is just to make these animatronics look and act as creepy as possible, jump scare people, and do something different with the gameplay mechanics each time.

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
Wrex Brogan said:
Well, a few things:

1: Here's another 2 million Subs for Markiplier.

2: You know, give the guy a lot of shit for churning these things out, but that looked both cool and fuckin' creepy. Like, god damn.

3: Are... are we not going to be sitting in an office the whole time? And exploring the place? Oh. oh. That'll be extra fucked up if that's the case.

The_Darkness said:
"Releasing this fall, according to the trailer"...

Yeah... But this is Scott Cawthon we're talking about. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he released it just half an hour from now...
You forgot one.

I await the day he actually releases one of these things a week before he even announces the thing.
You forgot one, 4. MatPat will eventually have to do a GAme Theory and Live Stream on the game.