Skins (UK version)
Heroes
Misfits

Sadly lost:
Hustle
Robin Hood
Torchwood
Life on Mars
(Though it ended when the story demanded, which was good)

Senor Smoke21

May 23, 2008
I disagree with The Walking Dead, season 2 was so dam boring. I'm really, really, really hoping season 3 gets better. Oh, and I love the comics so I know it's not all about them fighting zombies and focuses on the characters but gods dam, get off the fucking farm already!

1: Breaking Bad - While not my favourite tv show ever, it's definitely the best made tv show EVER.
2: Game of Thrones
3: Mad Men
4: Community - Makes me sad it's ending, season 3 has been glorious.
5: Dexter - last couple of seasons have been lacking but overall it's a great show.

These are all just ones I've been watching recently, mad props to some that finished a few years back like Battlestar Galactica(my second favourite all time tv show) and the Wire.

EDIT: Shit, forgot Boardwalk Empire, that would be high up on my list, I'd say that's my joint 5 with Dexter. There's probably many more, being a student these past 3 years has lead me to have a great love for television.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Top 5 shows on currently:

Leverage. Snappy dialog, interesting situations, bit formulaic at times. It has an advantage over other formulaic shows because it plays with its own conventions a lot more and also, it even tells the audience what the formula it.

Being Human: I know its blasphemy to think this, but the US version of Being Human does not suck.

Burn Notice.

Young Justice is a well written complex show.

Legend of Korra is a great show, but I do not like it. To be honest, the stakes were made too high right from the start. The Legend of Aang was about the world being threatened by Firelord Orza and Aang needing to stop it. Sure, it was a bad thing overall, but the world would still be around if Aang lost. The massive conflict in Legend of Korra is Avatar Korra fighting for a way of life. if she loses, that way of life is gone. That kinds of takes the fun out of it.

Other shows I wish were still on:

Sara Jane Adventures: Its sad that Elizabeth Sladen died because I want to see how the story lines wrap up. Of course, there is always hope that Rani, Luke, and Clive will appear in a future episode of Doctor Who as a proper send off for Sara Jane Smith.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
LOST: Best TV show ever, and I doubt we'll ever see something of the same magnitude.

Trailer Park Boys: Made me love Canada.

The Mighty Boosh: Surreal comedy, how it should be done.

Prison Break: Season 1 only though.

Fringe: But only because people have mentioned Walking Dead already... I find Walter quite a funny character, and alternate Olive is quite hot. Anyhoo, I watched Battleship yesterday, I'm immune to any cheesy plot lines they can throw at me.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
five shows korra of course
game of thrones
burn notice
chuck
Sanctuary A cool sci-fi show with amanda tapping from stargate fame

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Don't think I even watch 5 shows on TV any more.

House - and that's about to finish as well.
The Big Bang Theory
Futurama (technically that's still ongoing I believe)

And...that's it. I should probably start watching the likes of Game Of Thrones and that online, but I just haven't got round to it yet.

Dahdutcher

May 1, 2012
In no particular order.

- Game Of Thrones
- Scrubs
- Psych
- Chuck
- Community

Futurama and Lost are just out of the top 5, but could've been in it easily.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
In no real order, and bearing in mind that I don't watch that much TV -

Game of Thrones
Burn Notice
Castle
Community
Archer

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
Well I only watch 2 shows; the rest don't interest me.

1) Fringe (the only awesome show that Fox HASN'T cancelled, although it is entering its final season of the writers' volition)
2) Game of Thrones (because Charles Dance [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001097/], people! And it's awesome.)

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
Sacman said:
I only watch...

C'mon grab your friends
We'll go to very
Distant lands
With Jake the dog
And Finn the hu-man
Fun will never end
Adventuer Time!!!

It's awesome...<.<
Adventure Time yes!
It's a show I would make my kids watch. I would even like to have had this when I was a kid. But really, this is the animated show, alongside Korra, that adults can fully enjoy. It's a bit surrealistic and with a humour of its own.

captcha: milkshake

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
My top five shows will pretty much mirror several other lists here but here it is:

Archer
Game of Thrones
Legend of Korra
Daily Show/Colbert Report
Mad

Mad has to be my new favorite show right now. The random art styles might seem offputting and you really have to know who they are jokeing on, but man when you actually get the joke you will laugh your ass off.

If I could add more shows I'd also add Ugly Americans, Avengers EMS, and Spartacaus.

Iyon

Recovering Lurker
May 16, 2012
Hmmm... Let's go with:

- Game of Thrones
- Community
- Doctor Who
- Battlestar Galactica
- Lost

Some of my other favourites are Chuck, Fringe, SG: Atlantis, Dexter, Walking Dead. I watch a lot of tv. I could probably go on for a while.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I'm quite fond of these...

Castle
Supernatural
Adventure Time
The Daily Show/Colbert Report

I really don't watch much TV. The internet, making music, gaming, and rummaging for interesting media of all kinds sort of take up most of my time.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Senor Smoke21 said:
4: Community - Makes me sad it's ending, season 3 has been glorious.
I thought it got an extension, unless it got canceled again... Oh God... Nononononono...

Anyway, yeah for me it's Community, Daily Show, South Park, Archer, and Doctor Who in no particular order.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Well, I only watch the BBC, and even then only rarely, so I was only able to come up with 4:

1) The Bridge
2) Dirk Gently
3) Sherlock
4) Doctor Who

OZWIN

May 14, 2012
Breaking Bad
Sons of Anarchy
The Vampire Diaries
The Walking Dead
Weeds

Not in that order or anything, but those five are some of my favorite shows.

saoirse13

Mar 21, 2012
No.1 Has to be Supernatural
for me It's my favourite thing on tv for the last 7 years.
then
Dexter
Game Of thrones
Big Bang Theory
Gotta Love 24, Jack was great.

Also that are nearly in my top 5 would be Fraiser, Blossom (though thats 20 years old).

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Gonna exclude cartoons from my list, just because I love too many of them.
Also, I'm guessing we're talking about inbetween seasons/airing shows.

So
-Justified
-Breaking Bad
-Community
-Downton Abbey
-Awake

edit: LOL did not see the "five"