Five Dollar Steam Purchase

BeighT

Feb 25, 2009
I've been looking around the five dollar section on Steam, and I was thinking of either getting AvP or Titan Quest. Which one should I get? Or what other game would you prefer?

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Titan Quest is a great game if you like Diablo style ARPGs and for $5 that would be a hard purchase for me to resist if I didn't already own TQ and the expansion.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Bought both and didn't particularly like either. I'll think of something else to get...

Oh, Get "Time Gentlemen, Please" and "Ben there, Dan that", they come together and it's £3 for me and I had a lot of fun with both those games, they're point and click adventure games which are pretty funny, the first mentioned being the sequel to the other.

ReepNeep

Jan 21, 2008
Both are fine, but very different, games. Titan Quest is probably the best of the Diablo-clones, better even than either Diablo in my opinion. AvP is an utterly unique FPS. Creepy, atmospheric, punishingly difficult and faster than Quake 3. Finishing the fifth marine level on hard is to this day my proudest video game achievement, and the skirmish mode absorbed many hours of my youth.

You really couldn't go wrong with either of them, but my vote is with AvP.

BeighT

Feb 25, 2009
Now that I think about it, I still havn't played the first Half-Life so maybe I'll go with that.