Five Nights at Freddy's 2 announced

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Is that a disguise mechanic I see? I do believe it is! Wonder how that is gonna work? You can't really stop Foxy without something in between you.

I'll most likely pick this up and play in a dark room with some friends. It's good for a few laughs.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
Elfgore said:
Is that a disguise mechanic I see? I do believe it is! Wonder how that is gonna work? You can't really stop Foxy without something in between you.

I'll most likely pick this up and play in a dark room with some friends. It's good for a few laughs.
Wow I just noticed that. I guess that will replace the no doors concept.

I'm hoping they could make a free roam mechanic someday. That would be a lot scarier.

niru12

Oct 22, 2014
Im sorry but i never found this scary, but when i play Fear i shit my panths.
Something is wrong with me...

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Not calling it Six Nights at Freddy's? For shame.

That being said, I wonder how quickly these games can be churned out. Given the nature of it I imagine that once all the new art has been done then adapting the AI can't take too long.

Also that was a really weird trailer for a horror game, especially when you look at the fairly low-key (jumpscares aside) approach of the last game.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I, for one, embrace our new animatronic overlorHOLY CRAP WHAT IS WITH CHICA'S FACE?!

I guess the dev took the "the monsters are too cute" criticism to heart. O_O

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
It's been announced for quite a while.

Right now it's on Steam Greenlight so all it needs is a pass and it's up for purchase! (unless Scot's gonna put it through beta first.)

I'm fucking pumped for this so my wallet is very ready.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
lacktheknack said:
I, for one, embrace our new animatronic overlorHOLY CRAP WHAT IS WITH CHICA'S FACE?!

Don't worry. Classic Chica will have your horrors ready

[img=http://puu.sh/cllVa.jpg]http://puu.sh/cllVa.jpg[/img]

Saetha

Jan 19, 2014
Excellent. I look forward to pissing myself and sleeping with the lights on.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
xaszatm said:
lacktheknack said:

Gosh, Classic Chica is scary. What happened to the area around her eyes? Is that what they took for New Chica?

But I'm more concerned about The Slenderman Marionette [http://cs14108.vk.me/c620817/v620817424/1c594/nQHtDjkbVbw.jpg]...

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Elfgore said:

From what I understand, using costumes will only work on the older model bots. The newer ones will still kill you if you're wearing a costume.

Incidentally, God damn, that was a freaking effective trailer. As someone who's too much of a self-admitted pussy to actually PLAY the original game (but still watched it from afar), this looks great.

The first game always looked a bit like more of a proof of concept than a finished game. It's there to say "Hey, you really CAN make a freaking scary game by taking away the ability to move!". This game definitely has a budget behind it, and looks like it improves on basically everything that was somewhat lacking in the first.

I personally cannot wait to not actually play this game myself, but instead laugh at LPers on Youtube playing it.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Mr.Mattress said:
xaszatm said:
lacktheknack said:

Gosh, Classic Chica is scary. What happened to the area around her eyes? Is that what they took for New Chica?

But I'm more concerned about The Slenderman Marionette [http://cs14108.vk.me/c620817/v620817424/1c594/nQHtDjkbVbw.jpg]...
But he comes out of presents! He͏ ̀can̡'t͘ ͞b҉e ̢th͏a͢t bąd̵,̶ ̶r͟ig̷h͠t̷? H̷ȩ ap̸ṕear͜s ơu̡t ́of pŕe̕sen͠t̀s ͞a̡n͜d ́g͟iv́e̷s us l̴o̴ve͠l̡y͟ g̨ifts! H̡e͝ ͝isn͜'t m҉e̡an un̸ĺe͜s̶s..̕.yòu͝'re̵ ̨aǵa̸i͟n̶s͏t͘ h̵im ar̴en͢'t̷ you̕? Ą̸R̛EN͏'̡̛͢T͏ ͟͠͝Y҉O̸U!̧?̷̡͡!͘ Yo͏̢u͜͞ ̷D̸̕A͞͠R̸͟E ͠҉h̶̸́à̴ve̡̧ ̢h́a͘b͞͠͡ó̷̶r͠ ̛͘ą͢n̵̷̛y̴͢͡ ̷͝n̸͢͠ȩ͢͞g̀a̡̢t҉i̸̡͟v͏͟e͘ ̵̵͠t̡͡h̶́o͏͝u͟g̀͟h͝ts͟ á͘͟g̢͞҉a̸̛i̡͞n̸s̨̛t͟ t̢͟͟h̢e l̷̶͞ò̴v́ę͘͟l̶y͞҉ g̴͘íf̶͝t̨̨͟ ͟g͘͡͞ì̴͞v̶eŕ̸̕?̢ ̸H́e̡̕ ̶́ẃ͜h͜͞o͠ ͢g̷̢͞r͏a̡nt̶̀s̨͘͠ ̢u͠s͜ al͡l̷ l̵̴i̴f̸͜e͘͜!҉̢ ̵̛͢à͟ń͜͠d Joy̛!̵͠ ͝A̵N̢͘D̴͘͠ ͠F͡R̢E̢E̷̢D̕O̢M͞!̶̴

You shall pay! You shall pay! You shall pay! You shall pay! You shall pay! You shall pay! You shall pay!
You s̨ha͢ll p̨a̢y!̛ ͝Y͟ou͝ shal̀l páy!̢ ͝You̵ ͝sh̡al͘l ͜pa͜y! ̧Y̡ou ͏s͏hall ̶pay̶!͏ Ýou͞ ̷sh̢a͜ll͏ ṕày͞! Y̛ou ̡s͡h̵a҉ll̕ p͠ay̢!͘ You̷ ̀şh̷a͞ll pa̢y͞!
Y̡̕͡o͜u̧ ́͜s̴͢h̨͡a̸͘͏ļl̨͡ ̨́pay̷̷̨!͘͟͝ ̶́You͠ ̴̵s̴h̷a̸͝ll͝ ͟͞p͡͏a̷̷y҉̢!͝ ̢͢Y̛͡ò̷͝ư͏̷ ̧͘͡s͜ha̡l͏̢́l͢ ̵p͜áý!̴͝ ͜Yo҉́ù̶̢ ̛̕͢s̛̛h̛͜҉a̶͝l͏l̀͘ pa͢y̵!̢ Yo̵u͠ ͟s̡h̨̀͞a͠l͏ļ́͝ p̴a̶y̨! ҉̵͢Y̸̢͝ò̴ù s͢h̸͏̛al͡͞l͜͠ p͞͡a̴͟y͞! ̶̡Yo̶̢u̵͏ ̛͜s̕h̢all̛ ̡̀p̶a̸̕͠y̛!̢̢ ͘
Y̷͢o̡͟͡҉ù̸̡ ̷̛̕͘͘s̛̀̀́͝h̶̡̀a̸͞l̡͟҉l̶̵̀͜ ͘͡p̨̛͟͟à͜y̧͏̀!̸̢̨ ͠͏̸͘Y̢̢̕o̢͘u͘͝ ̷̶͝͠s̶̕͟͠h̢̨͏á̷̧͟҉ļ̛͝͡l̢͏̸̨́ ͏̨͠͠p̸̷̢̛͢a̷̶̢̨͡y̶̨͏͏͘!̡͞͏̸͢ ̢̨͜Y͞҉ó̵́͞u͜͡͞ ́͜s͠͏̸̀͝h̵̵͝͡à̶͞l̨̀͏͘l̀̀͠ ́͘p̷̸̸̕a͏̡́̀ỳ̸͟!̀͘͟͡͠ ̵͠͝Y҉̶o҉̵͏u͟͜ ̕͜s̸͞҉̸h̴̨̛͠͞à̧̡̕͜l̵̨l̛͜ ̨͠͠͏̕p̛͝a̶̡̡̡y͘͟͡҉!͘҉ ̧Y̶̶͢ò̸͘͢͠ư͟ ̶͘͜s͘͜h̀͜͡͡a̵̸͢͝ļ̶̨͝͠l̵̡̢ ̷̵̢͜p̸̨̧̕a͟͝y̶̧͠͠!̶̷̴̡ ҉͡Y͟͝o̷̡̢͝ù҉̷̢͜ ̡̨̧͘s̷̡̡͝h̡̢́͟à͡҉̷͜l̷̴̕l̴͜͟ ̶̷̷̢͞ṕ̷ą͘͞y̵̛͡!̧͠ ̷́͝͞Y͘ơ̸̴̧͟ų̢̕͡ ̸̨̡͠s̴̛͘͘͜h̶̵͏a̴̕l̷͘l͟҉ ̕p̨͢à̶y̴̡͞!̵̢͟҉ ͏̸̕͝Y̴̰̠̝ǫ̵̢̘̙̞̫̳̩̖̣̲̟̯̤̤̼̹͚͟ụ̷̢͍͔͇̮̲̪̟̩̖̬͓̘̰̭̞͔̩͜ ̸̫̟̩͚̝̣̻̝͉̪̞̤͠s̷͟҉̱͈͙̺͖͍̤̯̠͍ͅḫ̢͔͇͚͘͢͝a̴̛͇̣̻͕̞͉̞͉̪̣͍̫̣̘͉̹̖̮̺͜͟͝l͉͈̣͈̣̖͙̹̮̻̖̲͇̝͉̀̀l͔̻̜͓̻͍̟̭̯͢͢ ̵̛͘͘͏̩̹̲̫̯̠̻̼͈̠̤̤̺̘ͅp̵̡̢̻̪͎̪͍̖̲̯͕͕̬̝̘̘̥͔͓͢͜á҉̸͕̦͖̫̳͚͙̖ͅy̢̢̩͎̻̥̞̬!̱̮̹͍͖̝̞̗̼͍̣̀͠ͅͅͅ ̵̛̞͎͓̻͔̫͜͜Ý̩͔̗̟̫͓̩͜o͇̣̬͎̝̼͘͟͢u̧͔̳͎͍͓̝̰̖͓̲̯̥͡ ̴̧̳̮͚̠̕ṣ̶̬͖̗̼͢h̵̥̠͙̯͍̗̟̹̦͓̰̕͡͞͡a̛҉̻͔̘̳͇̫̣̪l͚̯̼̜̮͙͜͜ͅl̢̪͙͈̯͓͘͘͞ ̷̡̙̦̤̯̣͎͕̪̙̻̩̱̦̙͟͜͝p̛͜͏̫͚̝͚̰͟ą̨҉̠̼ͅý̴̸͔̝̜̺̻̤͇̼͟!̵̥̖̥̜̯͇͓͢ ̬̙̣͈͔̭͕͇͕͇̻̕͠Y̸̨͎͙͚͉̤̯̥͉͉̙̞̟o̢͟҉̢̳̥̼̠̞̺̠͓̪͎̘̜̥̦̪u̡̝͔͈̝̳ ̢͖̝̭̤̬̟̱͍͈͚͚͕̮͘s̴̳̟̮͕̝͢h̗̠̫̼̪̥̰̻̫̥͓͝à̛̩̟̩̖̠͇̪̻̘̺̦̳ͅl̵̢̫̩͚͙̙͎͉̗͈̪̬̳̙̝̩͖͢l͙͎͖͍̫̩̮̹̱̞̮̱̥͔̹̝͚̕͜ ̵̧̘͍͇̖͓̣̭͙̹̻̙̭̘̜͎̼́͜ͅp̶̡̙̭͇̙̲̰̞͚̮̻̻̪̺̝̺̹͙̭͖͟͠a͎͖̬̙͍͎̝̹̮͎͞͞ͅy͎̞̪̮̬̭̼̱̰̹͠!̵̕͏̴͕͎̝̥̪̦̖̦̠̲̫̰͇͕̥̟̦̩ͅ ̷̢͡͝͏̪͍͚̣͖̼̞Ỳ̡̝̟̫̭̠̱̻͚̖͈͙̙̩̻͠o̸̵̵̡̹̭̘̻̙̺̻͓̥͎̯̻͙͇̤̮͘ú̕͝҉͓͍̪̲̖̘̻̙ ̴̴̧͎̠̝̬͕̯̫͍̖͔̣͎͝ͅş̷̸̨͓͎̫͙̭͖͖̱͉̰̳͠h͘͟͝͏̭̰̥̳̯̲̣̭̯̙͙̩̣̰̘̼̦͟a̴̭͇̬̼͙̭͚͟l̷̀҉̛̼̳̲̳̗̣͉̞̰̱͈ļ͔̣͇̗̗̼͚͚̳ ̸̀͏̡̻̖̼͍̫̮̖̰̹͕̰̹ͅp̥͚̪̰̖̻͘͘a̡̛̛̝͕͔̹̜̫͓͘͜y̶͢҉̡̫͖̝͇̼̲̮͚̩̙̰̥̤͚͍̙̠͈͍͡!̵̡͈͖̣͚̳̙̘̪̜͕͓͍́ ̵̟̣̥͈͕͎͕͔̬͖̝̘͢͜͝͡Ỳ̱͇̘̳̗ơ̧̧̼̭̠̗̤̰̫͔̣̭̹͓̦͖̞̻̭̳ṳ̢̻͕͇̪̳͙̦̠̣̝̝͘̕͝ ̨̧̝̘̖̥̲̜̣̟̘̮̩̱̼̘͕͕̀̀ͅś̷̥͍͉͍̙͔͖̖̬͈̗̹̖̭̠̱́͘͢ͅͅh̸̡̛͓̮̞̯̭̥̺̬̺͈͕̱a̢͚̬̖̯̣͎͖͇͖̟̯̰̖l̴̴̥̯̭͔͖͜l̸̶̼̟̜̼͚̬͔̱͕̫̕ͅ ̶̶̢̦͉̲̜̱̱̥̜͍̰̻p̶̸̢̗̻̠̮̭̫͕̹̻á̵̧̫̬̘͓̻̠͙͇̦̪̯̩͢y̧̻̦̞̞̭̠̻͟͠!̜̘͉̦̀ ̛͝҉̟̦̪͚̜͕̪̜̣̳̜̹̫̘̼́Y̷̰̣͈̘̪̭͈͚̲̤̺̺̥͡͞o̸̴̰̜̙̳̗̳̼͇̞̞̼̪̪̹͡ú̲͎̦͖̜̱͢ ̴̟̪̠̜̺͎̫̘̥̲̼̱͈͞s̶̵̘̬̙̝̳̫̳̕͜ͅḩ̻̘̼̱̗̤̙̪͍̀͡͞ͅͅa͍̮̗̻͖̻̤̞̬̼̯̰̕͝͠l̷͙͎̮̙̜̩̣̫̣͇̙̖̮͜͢͡͞l̢̛͚̞͇͙̲͙̭̻̠̞̪̣̮̤͝͞ ̢̨̯̗̤̘͉͔͍̱̱̖͇̹̭͕̥̬p̧͟҉̶̮͓̠̳͔̣̞̮̙̲à͏̴̵̮̻͙̼̮̙̺̦̰̦̖̕ͅͅy͏̷̥̱͙͈̭͔̰̺̞̖̥͔!̴̸̸̶̮͓̦͎̦͓̼̻̘̘̀ ̵͕̣̪̺̙̘̳̖̜Ỵ̢̩̰̝͈̗̭͍̖̻͡ͅo͏̡̻̥̜̘͙͍͕̙͓̞̕͜ú͇̜̭̩̙̻͕̦͚͙̯̤͜͞͞ ͟҉͚̮̪̯̕ͅs̨̡͍̝͕̩̜̦̟̮̗̙̲̪̯͕̞̳̱͉̕h̶̶̛͙̭̫̘̣͉̬̮̲͖͉̖̩̖̣̞̗̹̠͢͜a̶̛͍̻͉̟̣̰̦̗l̸̨̺̻̩̜͍̤̗̯̰̣͓̼̙̀́l̷̷̰͈̞͔̜̺̝̗̩̟̫̮̯̦͢͟ ̡̜̞̦̯̳̺̘̫̺̦̺̩̬̟͓́͘͟͡p̶̝̲͕̥̫͘͡a͘͏̵̸̹̗̟̟̰̜̗͖͓̘̰̞͖̤̳̙̥̕y̵̨̦͍͙̱̭̳̟̫͎̲̮̯̲̣̱͍̲͘͘͘ͅ!̡͚̝͙̠̦̯͓̼͕̹̫̠̯͘͜͢ͅ ̸̛̲̞̠͔͕̪̲̺̪̘̼̺́͠

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
To be honest, there isn't much point for this sequel to exist, unless the creator is trying to redo Five Night at Freddy's properly this time, instead of jury-rigging it together like it currently is. Save for the graphical update, it looks to be the same game on the surface.

Still, I'm interested. The lore, the new mechanics, the creepy graphics, and of course playing it with friends.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I'm pretty hyped.
I might actually play this one in the dark, at night, with headphones, without my sister in the room this time.
Because I played the first one in the exact opposite of all those circumstances.
We're gonna do it right this time.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
That phone-call made me laugh out loud, I always liked the self-awareness and exasperation that poor security guard had in his dialogue. I look forward to Lets Plays of this *and* the inevitable terrifying but intriguing Rule 34 art.

Zef Otter

Nov 28, 2007
New CHICA

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/27345357650031580/F42E7F094CAB8A39322DDB0F14DF824AD15865BF/637x358.resizedimage

New bonnie and yes they come through vents now XD

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/27345357650031422/10C3872339FC465663B4FCCCCA575DA6C42F0A80/637x358.resizedimage

New foxie climbs ceilings now

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/27345357650031649/37CA29BE698A27080BCEC8A8481D28DD53B43F2A/637x358.resizedimage

From what I understand the mask only works on the old robots.

"In Five Nights at Freddy's 2, the old and aging animatronics are joined by a new cast of characters. They are kid-friendly, updated with the latest in facial recognition technology, tied into local criminal databases, and promise to put on a safe and entertaining show for kids and grown-ups alike!

What could go wrong?

As the new security guard working nights, your job is to monitor cameras and make sure nothing goes wrong after-hours. The previous guard has complained about the characters trying to get into the office (he has since been moved to day-shift). So to make your job easier, you've been provided with your very own empty Freddy Fazbear head, which should fool the animatronic characters into leaving you alone if they should accidentally enter your office.

As always, Fazbear Entertainment is not responsible for death or dismemberment."

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
Oh great, the sequel to a unremarkable game. I guess that's how most of them are though.

Iunno, I never found it scary, asides jump scare really, but I always had too much logic complaints about it to care properly. That was pretty much addressed above.

Still, good on them. I hate to wait for the inevitable new demand for playthroughs of it, but happy people who liked it get more of it. IF only I was so lucky with things like Power Stone... and Skies of Arcadia.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Oh, hey. It's a light shining on specific parts. I can't wait for the inevitable jump-scare.

Pfft, this is dumb. I- OH JESUS WHAT THE FUCK CHICA YOUR MOUTHS AND EYES WHY GOD!?

*shudder*

Yeah, I can't really handle the cutesy horror stuff. Seeing Child's Play as a little kid kinda soured me on that whole aesthetic. But, by all means, you folks enjoy the actual game.

I'll be over here appreciating the lore and visual style...from a safe distance.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
So it seems the complains about why the game doesn't have normal doors, had been counter-attacked by a troll-like response:

"Does The players complain why don't we include normal doors in the game? No, problem!!! We will just remove them from the game and make the players happy!!!"
*troll face*

But yeah, don't think so much about the plot. It is just a Horror Arcade game.

Also I am VERY surpirsed how quickly the developers made the sequel.
It is like the L4D sequel, but without the stupid complains why the game came so early.......