Five Nights at Freddy's Creator Apologizes for Newest Game

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
The Enquirer said:
aegix drakan said:
A developer going "My bad, I released it too soon and I'll fix it, I'm so sorry"?!

...Wow. That's a rarity these days.
I may be overlooking potential sarcasm here but I'd say it isn't exactly rare given all the screw ups we've seen this past year alone. The developer actually doing something about it is the rare part.
Responding quickly with a degree of humility and contrition is worth taking note of and respecting in any case.
Traditionally it seems you're meant to bury your head while quietly hoping it'll all go away or start work on throwing a twitter shitfit.

I'm not a fan of the FNAF series in the slightest, but the dev seems like a decent guy.

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
The Enquirer said:
aegix drakan said:
A developer going "My bad, I released it too soon and I'll fix it, I'm so sorry"?!

...Wow. That's a rarity these days.
I may be overlooking potential sarcasm here but I'd say it isn't exactly rare given all the screw ups we've seen this past year alone. The developer actually doing something about it is the rare part.
I dunno, as someone pointed out, many developers are either slow or indirectly suggest that it's really the consumer's fault.

Though I'll agree that a lot of developers seem to have real issues actually fixing the problems. Anyone can get down on their knees and apologize and then take their sweet damn time actually achieving anything. We'll have to see if Scott doesn't join those ranks...

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
Given how fast-paced the combat was, I'd assumed (from watching Jim's video) that the game was intentionally streamlined and stripped of menus. On another note, the lore of the FNAF games, which I never got into personally, can translate pretty well into an RPG format. Not so sure about the audience. I'd be interested to see if there are any other changes based on the brief feedback Scott received besides menus.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
chocolate pickles said:
And if a triple A studio did this, everybody would flip their shit and go bananas about how they're driving the games industry into the ground.
A triple A studio admitting they did something wrong... HA! I see your joke there.... Good one.