Five Nights at Freddy's Dev Teasing a New Game

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Five Nights at Freddy's Dev Teasing a New Game

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1315/1315884.jpgLooks like there's a new game on the way from Five Nights at Freddy's creator Scott Cawthon.

Fans of Five Nights at Freddy's will be excited to hear that there's a teaser on the Scottgames website [http://www.scottgames.com/] that appears to be for a new game in the same vein. The catch is that it's apparently for a whole new restaurant.

The teaser image (which can be seen below) simply says "Five Nights at Freddy's Sister Location. There was never just one." The words are superimposed over what appears to be an animatronic head that we haven't seen before. Taking that at face value, it could mean that we see a Five Nights at Frankie's before long.

It's a little terrifying to think that there's more than one pizzeria plagued with animatronics that come to life and hunt down employees, but it looks like that's what we're up against.

[gallery=6182]

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Seriously? Scott, I loved your game series, but even you admitted the "lore" is a fucking mess, IDK how I feel at this point, FNAF 3 was good but didn't feel like a good sendoff, FNAF 4 was the perfect ending, but apparently not...

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Can I just curl into a ball, fall asleep and then wake up when the FNaF fandom will have withered away into the darkest crevices of the medium's history? The initial premise was fine, but as Cawthon himself admitted, the lore and world-building is an atrocious mess.

I'm just glad the Tumblrites have moved onto greener pastures (Undertale); I was beyond sick of hearing some coworkers squee over the week's newest nonsensical Freddyverse crackfic and declaring it canon.

rpg1203

Sep 18, 2008
well the phone guy did one time mention that they had an accident at a sister location with the old spring lock suits. might be scott figured a way to use that and sort some things out. Least he didnt give up on making games after fnaf world so hey lets see what he does this time.

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
Markiplier and Matpat were last seen sobbing in each other's arms and cursing Scott Cawthorne's name

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
totheendofsin said:
Markiplier and Matpat were last seen sobbing in each other's arms and cursing Scott Cawthorne's name
Rubbing their hands in glee, more like. This crud is what gets them the views.

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
Scott Cawthon needs an intervention.

I say this as someone who owns all of the FNaF games and is feeling more and more ashamed about it.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
ffronw said:
The teaser image (which can be seen below)
No it can't! You're lying to us! You're lying to me!
I thought what we had was special!

I never even finished the first game, so I can't really see myself buying this one. Hell, I think the first one was gifted to me, otherwise I probably would have gotten a refund after getting bored.
Sure, it's fun to watch someone else play the FNaF games, but it's not my cup of tea to play.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
After 4 was called the Final Chapter, I guess this is Five Nights at Freddy's : A New Beginning. I assume the new animatronic is just a crazy EMT pretending to be Freddy.

Also, didn't they establish there was more then one Freddy Fazbear's restaurant back in Five Nights 2?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
That's great, more things steam can recommend to me because "You own Dead Space, this is similar:" only for me to go nope, not interested.

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
Huh, guess the guy had to run out of money sooner or later. First one was pretty fun to play, but I didn't bother with the sequels.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
C'mon. what horror franchise ever ended when it should've?

Seriously, though, I never get why people complain about certain games or movies or whatever coming out. So you don't like it or want to be a part of the fandom, cool! Then just...don't be part of it. I was never interested in Call of Duty, Dragon Age, My Little Pony, the whole White Guy Defense Force and Feminist Frequency and GamerGate shenanigans, so why do other people get so worked up over something they aren't going to participate in?

Verrik

Sep 28, 2012
Nooners said:
C'mon. what horror franchise ever ended when it should've?

Seriously, though, I never get why people complain about certain games or movies or whatever coming out. So you don't like it or want to be a part of the fandom, cool! Then just...don't be part of it. I was never interested in Call of Duty, Dragon Age, My Little Pony, the whole White Guy Defense Force and Feminist Frequency and GamerGate shenanigans, so why do other people get so worked up over something they aren't going to participate in?
Because they don't have the willpower to resist FNAF. Even though they say they hate it, secretly, they can't get enough of it. I mean, why else would they click on a thread about a game that they obviously "hate"?

They have just as much fun hating the game, and letting everyone KNOW they hate the game, as the people who have fun actually playing the game. :p

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
As someone who used to be really into this little indie game. Can....he just PLEASE please for the love of fuck STOP.

Just take a year off or something. It's gonna be rushed, it's gonna be supbar, and it's gonna be underwhelming. Like he has to of made boatloads of money by now to take a break. What in the ever loving fuck is he doing with that money?

I'm amazed there is even a real demand for more fnaf at this point.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Otaku World Order said:
Also, didn't they establish there was more then one Freddy Fazbear's restaurant back in Five Nights 2?
They did. But I was sure that the other restaurant was basically FNAF2 with an even earlier one from the first game hinted at in FNAF2's mini games.

My head hurts. I just want the dude to stop pumping out these games.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
rpg1203 said:
well the phone guy did one time mention that they had an accident at a sister location with the old spring lock suits. might be scott figured a way to use that and sort some things out. Least he didnt give up on making games after fnaf world so hey lets see what he does this time.
I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Too bad fnaf world bombed so hard, but at least the guy is getting back on the horse. I'm kind of surprised he went this route, though: it seemed like he wanted to branch out a bit.

I wonder if he's been keeping track of some of the fan games and got inspired or something. FNA Candy's and FNA Flumpty's were both pretty good. Then again, he might just be keeping his own brand fresh considering all of the merchandise that's just now coming out and those rumors of a hollywood movie from a while back...

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Perhaps the revolutionary new design will be the ability to move your entire body, not just your neck. You know what? Just turn it into an FPS: a never-ending last stand mode, like COD's Nazi Zombies, only with something truly horrifying to fight.

The White Hunter said:
That's great, more things steam can recommend to me because "You own Dead Space, this is similar:" only for me to go nope, not interested.
"Hey Dragonlayer, we see that you play the Total War games! Looks like you'd be interested in our latest visual novel romance games about seducing middle-aged men!"

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Dragonlayer said:
Perhaps the revolutionary new design will be the ability to move your entire body, not just your neck. You know what? Just turn it into an FPS: a never-ending last stand mode, like COD's Nazi Zombies, only with something truly horrifying to fight.

The White Hunter said:
"Hey Dragonlayer, we see that you play the Total War games! Looks like you'd be interested in our latest visual novel romance games about seducing middle-aged men!"

"Skar, we noticed you play Saints Row 3, we think you'd love to play DayZ!"

?_? I hate it oh so much, has made the front page such a clusterfuck

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Well if he's teasing it now that probably means it's going to be out tomorrow. Buckle up, kiddies.