Five Nights at Freddy's World RPG Gets a Trailer

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Five Nights at Freddy's World RPG Gets a Trailer

Five Nights at Freddy's creator Scott Cawthon appears to be taking the horror franchise in an adorable new direction.

The Five Nights at Freddy's franchise has grown swiftly, with four titles releasing in just under one year. Despite the short periods of time between the games' releases, every title in the franchise has announced in September [http://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Scott%20Cawthon] that there will not be a Five Nights at Freddy's 5, but that he has instead opted to work on an RPG that will use characters from the franchise in a non-horror setting.

"I wanted to use these characters in a new and fun way because they are so near and dear to my heart, and I was excited to work on a type of game that I hadn't made in a long time." Cawthon wrote in September. "The new game that I'm working on will be called FNAF World. It will not be a horror game, but a role playing game where you create a party using the huge selection of characters from the FNaF games, including the classic, withered, toy, phantom, and nightmare versions."

A World Premiere trailer for FNAF World was recently posted, and although Cawthon had warned everyone that the game would not be a horror title, I don't think anyone was prepared for this. Cawthon opted for adorable design, with the combat looking classic, but using pizza and cupcake tossing.

Cawthon's previous RPG, The Desolate Hope, currently has a 95% positive feedback rating on Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/298180].

"It's important to note that this will just be a teaser trailer, as the game is still early in development," Cawthon stated in a Steam update [http://steamcommunity.com/games/388090/announcements/detail/108444398041256245].

FNAF World is currently in development for PC, Android, and iOS and, according to the video, is expected to release sometime next year.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
That ending is both funny and cute.

The game looks good to me, but I don't plan on buying it. I've never been a fan of RPGs, and I couldn't get past night 2 in FNAF 1.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Shyte, I was hoping for the characters to be reincarnated into traditional RPG party members.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Aerosteam said:
Shyte, I was hoping for the characters to be reincarnated into traditional RPG party members.
inb4 Rule34 Healer class.

No but really, this looks fun. I sense that many grandparents will be introduced first to this RPG, and then be led onto the real FNAF games innocently.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Wow seeing all the names of the characters one after another really shows how little imagination goes into the sequels.

And why do I get an asset flip vibe from this? Like I know Cawthon works hard, but this time it really does feel like he bought an RPG off of some store and added FNAF characters.

Soulrender95

May 13, 2011
This all seems like it's being overly cute. but it's still using the nightmare versions of the characters, the red on black writing, it's still called FNAF, I mean why do that? brand recognition? I don't buy it, Cawthon could have got away with calling it Freddy Fazbear World it'd distinguish it from the FNAF horror franchise, but this is a saccharine nightmare, a veritable candy coated heart of darkness.

in all honesty I could easily see the trailer as being gameplay be for a mobile or browser game in the FNAF world, a company trying to re-invograte the Fazbear brand, but the game starts getting the monsters and nightmare versions and then they start invading peoples homes all over the world!

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Recoveryanonymous said:
FNAF has done a lot and it's barely been a year
I may not be a fan of the series but I am able to see the appeal and even enjoyed the games I played, though they're not my type. I'm extremely impressed with Mr. Cawthon's work, he didn't just pump out generic sequels but added layers of intrigue so deep that people really latched on to the underlying, though confusing, story. That is talent IMO and this guy deserves every bit of praise he's received. This is coming from someone who isn't a huge fan of the work, so I see that as just a super-sized compliment as I don't usually praise games not on my favorite list.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Josh123914 said:

No but really, this looks fun. I sense that many grandparents will be introduced first to this RPG, and then be led onto the real FNAF games innocently.
A Rule 34 Healer Class already exist? I've never seen that before. And now I already feel unoriginal.

I'll probably get FNAF World once there's a Scott Games Humble Bundle.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'm amused by all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about how this will "ruin the franchise". Because if this game comes out, all the other games will magically disappear from history and we will never have played and enjoyed them!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Geez there were more characters then the ones that appear in 1-3 (I caught the name "End 01")? Still I wouldn't underestimated the look of the game even if the scary looking part look "cute" (imagine a jumpscared as a ultimate attack?).

Aslo I just realised, shouldn't the locked chest should be opened by now or did I read wrong that one of the chest in FNAF 4 will be opened on Halloween?

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Interesting, I wonder if its abandoning horror story completely or if hes going about a different way to expand the story

Insane Guy of DOOM

Aug 7, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
Geez there were more characters then the ones that appear in 1-3 (I caught the name "End 01")? Still I wouldn't underestimated the look of the game even if the scary looking part look "cute" (imagine a jumpscared as a ultimate attack?).

Aslo I just realised, shouldn't the locked chest should be opened by now or did I read wrong that one of the chest in FNAF 4 will be opened on Halloween?
Scott said that was his original plan, but he was amazed that no one figured out the story of FNAF 4 when the other game's stories were figured out in a matter of days. He felt that meant maybe it should stay a mystery forever, and decided to never open the box.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Looks about as arse as the rest of the FNAF franchise, only problem I can see with this is that it won;t appeal to the post Youtube videos of me screaming at shit crowd like the rest of the FNAF games have.... so who's the market if it isn't that? In fact isn't that the entire FNAF market?

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
This looks...awkward, the aesthetic just doesn't seem to work for me...I'm a huge fan of FNAF, but honestly I would have preferred that Scott just make a unique new franchise to launch as opposed to scotch taping FNAF characters onto an RPG...

Now excuse me while I avoid the "FNAF Sucks" Spammers that back up their claims with absolutely nothing

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
I'm going to leave my cynicism at the door and say that I get the impression Scott is proud of the characters that put him on the map, and rather than abandon them or continue making samey FNAF sequels he chose the middle ground. Use the beloved characters to sell a game of a different genre.

I approve of this plan because I find the FNAF characters very cute as is. Probably still won't have me buying the games. Just watching them.

Josh123914 said:
I think Chica's the healer. She drops cupcakes on everybody at 0:45. And there's no damage numbers and a friendly-sounding noise.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
Heh. Yeah, okay, that looks pretty cute. No idea if I'll care about the mechanics, but cute aesthetic and funny trailer. I'm sure I'll enjoy Markiplier's (or whoever's) playthrough.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...Not sure how this game is gonna turn out, but hey, I appreciate how Mr. Cawthorn is taking the series in a fresh direction. And who knew there were so many characters? Granted, most of them are different versions of existing characters, but still... I'll have to keep an eye out for this.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
.............I just saw a Yahtzee imp made to look like Rainbow Dash....

Josh123914 said:
There's no such thing as "inb4 Rule34" anything because Rule34 preempts everything. :p

OT: I like how it's not supposed to be a horror game at all...and yet we'll apparently have access to all the terrifying forms of the FNAF characters (phantom, nightmare, etc). There's nothing really that scary about the original and toy versions, but just the image of the nightmare ones is scary in itself, what with the endless rows of dagger-teeth and all. o.o

Edit: Also, at 0:54, you can see that apparently someone has an attack called "Jumpscare." :p