"Flame Red" 3DS Arrives Next Month, Mario Kart 7 Still Tentative

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
Dammit. Why have that stupid black top? Is it that hard to make it just ONE color?
It's hard to notice,but if you look closely at the VERY edge,you can see that the top of the top lid is still red. Just thought that I should point that out for you.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Alphakirby said:
Aura Guardian said:
Dammit. Why have that stupid black top? Is it that hard to make it just ONE color?
It's hard to notice,but if you look closely at the VERY edge,you can see that the top of the top lid is still red. Just thought that I should point that out for you.
Not good enough. One solid red is all I ask. Not 3/4ths

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
i'm still waiting for the special pokemon themed editions to come out.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Alphakirby said:
No_Remainders said:
Mario Kart SEVEN?

To quote Yahtzee: THERE IS NOT A MIDDLE FINGER BIG ENOUGH.
Fixed that for you.

OT: Wow,they are still trying to convince people that the blue one isn't the worst fucking color for the thing,I'm shocked. Though it's nice to see that they finally released red,and it will be out at the same time as Star Fox 64,so I'm fucking covered.
My bad.

Star Fox 64 is coming on the 3DS?

I am now converted and want the 3DS.

Mario Kart 7 can still fuck off, though.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I still prefer the blue one, it just feels like the 3DS colour, probably cuz it was the most featured in the ads. Also, that red looks... weird. I have a red DS that looks great, but this red looks bleak and boring. Maybe it's the lighting.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
They just really don't want to sell these things, do they?

"Don't buy them yet! We'll be dropping the price on August 12th!"
"No wait! Don't buy them then, either. We'll be releasing a new model on September 9th"
"Oh yeah, those games you're looking forward to won't be coming out until the end of the year."

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Lvl 64 Klutz said:

"No wait! Don't buy them then, either. We'll be releasing a new model on September 9th"
"Oh yeah, those games you're looking forward to won't be coming out until the end of the year."
This is true.

Anyway, when Nintendo resorts to new colors you know they are getting desperate.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
YES! Finally my favourite color! Now I can buy one!

Yes, it's a stupid reason to buy a 3DS, but at least I get it for half the price! *trollface*

RedMagic

Feb 16, 2011
It's nice to have moar colour choices, but for some reason the flame red 3DS reminds me of a pokedex.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
I like different colour. Gah, I'm sick of black, white and grey... frakking dull. Best thing to me about the PS2 was the blue they threw on it.

I hate platinum! >.<

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Crono1973 said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:

This is true.

Anyway, when Nintendo resorts to new colors you know they are getting desperate.
It's not really a new colour. Japan had it on release of the 3DS, we're just getting it now.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Asuka Soryu said:
Crono1973 said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:

This is true.

It's not really a new colour. Japan had it on release of the 3DS, we're just getting it now.
They release different colors in each market, if they release additional colors in any market then that is an indication that the market is not buying as many units as Nintendo would like. For example, it took 4 years to get the Black Wii because it was selling well up to that point. Nintendo doesn't release new colors to offer choice, they do it boost sales when needed.

TheGuy(wantstobe)

Dec 8, 2009
No_Remainders said:
Mario Kart SEVEN?

To quote Yahtzee: THERE IS NO MIDDLE FINGER BIG ENOUGH.
announced titles only

Mario kart: 7 games over 19 years
COD: 8 games over 8 years
Halo: 5 games over 11 years + remake of the first one

Yep it really is an overused franchise /sarcasm

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
TheGuy(wantstobe) said:
No_Remainders said:
Mario Kart SEVEN?

announced titles only

You could say that.

Or you could judge Mario Kart as an extension of the Mario Franchise, which is it.

So what does that make it, when you include Mario Party, or whatever it's called? Paper Mario? And all the various other spin-offs?

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Crono1973 said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Crono1973 said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:

This is true.

They release different colors in each market, if they release additional colors in any market then that is an indication that the market is not buying as many units as Nintendo would like. For example, it took 4 years to get the Black Wii because it was selling well up to that point. Nintendo doesn't release new colors to offer choice, they do it boost sales when needed.
Well; there are only so many colours on the visible spectrum, they're screwed.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Baneat said:
Crono1973 said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Crono1973 said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:

This is true.

Well; there are only so many colours on the visible spectrum, they're screwed.
There are plenty of colors they could use. Along the same lines, when the Wii was doing well, Nintendo couldn't care less about all the people asking for a black Wii. Just like when the Wii was doing well, they saw no need to release "Players Choice" games. Many DS games are still full price despite their age. Something I have learned this gen is that when Nintendo is on top, consumers lose.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
No_Remainders said:
TheGuy(wantstobe) said:
No_Remainders said:
Mario Kart SEVEN?

announced titles only

You could say that.

Or you could judge Mario Kart as an extension of the Mario Franchise, which is it.

So what does that make it, when you include Mario Party, or whatever it's called? Paper Mario? And all the various other spin-offs?
Mario Kart is Mario Kart, it isn't Super Mario Bros or Super Mario Galaxy. Some people will buy both the platformer Mario games and the Mario Kart games while others will only buy one depending on their tastes.

Adding in Mario Party and Paper Mario is kinda silly too. A Mario board game is not a Mario RPG nor is it a Mario platformer or a Mario racing game.