"Flash vs. Arrow": This Is How You Do Batman And Superman

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
"Flash vs. Arrow": This Is How You Do Batman And Superman

Part one of The CW's superhero crossover event was a huge success that Warner Bros. and DC should study closely.

Read Full Article

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Wait a Flash review for once!?

Where's the reviews for all the other eps it seemed like after the pilot everyone gave up on it.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
No mention of how when they talk about the bad guy's powers they basically talk about how the Green Lanterns powers work?

I also like how finally a meta human doesn't die with out of 7 meta human bad guys 5 having died the meta human prison seems redundant especially when the meta human bad guys who live are the most monstrous.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
P-89 Scorpion said:
I also like how finally a meta human doesn't die with out of 7 meta human bad guys 5 having died the meta human prison seems redundant especially when the meta human bad guys who live are the most monstrous.
Don't get excited yet. Discount-Colossus died after being put in jail. It's not out of the question we'll see Rainbow Raider bite the dust before the end of the season.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
I worried Barry Allen would be a nice guy/friendzoned creep, and that the show would basically spend time making that quality sympathetic instead of just pathetic.
Odd, no diatribes about Iris's infatuation with someone she barely knows - an attraction based entirely on his superpowered means rather than his personality or character. She's basically a rockstar groupie ready to shed her quality boyfriend at the drop of a hat, but I guess she's allowed to follow her feelings without being roasted - a courtesy we no longer extend to dudes wrestling with a bit of unrequited love.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
FieryTrainwreck said:
I worried Barry Allen would be a nice guy/friendzoned creep, and that the show would basically spend time making that quality sympathetic instead of just pathetic.
Odd, no diatribes about Iris's infatuation with someone she barely knows - an attraction based entirely on his superpowered means rather than his personality or character. She's basically a rockstar groupie ready to shed her quality boyfriend at the drop of a hat, but I guess she's allowed to follow her feelings without being roasted - a courtesy we no longer extend to dudes wrestling with a bit of unrequited love.
Yeah, the orgasmic gasping every time he would run was starting to get on my nerves..

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
I've come to the conclusion that this show is at it's best when it has heavy hitters on the show. Both times the Arrow team have shown up, the episodes have been great. The rest? Meh..

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Mcoffey said:
I love these shows, and it really hurts to see how DC is abandoning the idea of an inspiring, positive hero in favor of grayscale and grimacing. Yes, the Dark Knight made a billion dollars, but Man of Steel didn't while the Avengers and Iron Man 3 did. Maybe they should stop taking notes from Christopher Nolan and Frank Miller.
Eh, I'm fine with the direction they're going. We don't need even more of the happy-go-lucky style movies. They're fun, but if DC did the same style as Marvel, they'd start getting really old IMO.

Also, despite Iron Man 3 making a bunch of money, I found it to be the worst MCU movie so far. Just my opinion, but it's probably the only one of their movies that I came out of actually disliking. Besides, why do we care how much money they make? I just want them to be good. If they can do a good job with a dark and gritty tone, I say go for it. If they can do a good job with the happier tone, I say go for that too.

There's room for more than one style of super hero movie.

OT: I find it odd that Flash hasn't gotten very much attention. Personally, I've found that it has been better than this season's Arrow or even AOS (which is quite a bit stronger than it was last season). Apart from some corny stuff, it's been pretty fantastic and it also has some of the best CGI I've seen on this type of show.

TripleDaddy

Mar 17, 2010
One of my favorite lines from the crossover was Barry telling Oliver that he was wrong, that he could inspire people: "Not as The Arrow, that guy is a dick, but as Oliver Queen."

Also, John Diggle's reaction to The Flash: "That doesn't freak you out?! Does he do everything fast? How fast do you think he goes to the bathroom?"

Also also, Cisco wandering around touching everything in The Arrow Cave. And calling it The Arrow Cave in the first place.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Mcoffey said:
RedDeadFred said:
Mcoffey said:
I love these shows, and it really hurts to see how DC is abandoning the idea of an inspiring, positive hero in favor of grayscale and grimacing. Yes, the Dark Knight made a billion dollars, but Man of Steel didn't while the Avengers and Iron Man 3 did. Maybe they should stop taking notes from Christopher Nolan and Frank Miller.
Eh, I'm fine with the direction they're going. We don't need even more of the happy-go-lucky style movies. They're fun, but if DC did the same style as Marvel, they'd start getting really old IMO.

Also, despite Iron Man 3 making a bunch of money, I found it to be the worst MCU movie so far. Just my opinion, but it's probably the only one of their movies that I came out of actually disliking. Besides, why do we care how much money they make? I just want them to be good. If they can do a good job with a dark and gritty tone, I say go for it. If they can do a good job with the happier tone, I say go for that too.

There's room for more than one style of super hero movie.

OT: I find it odd that Flash hasn't gotten very much attention. Personally, I've found that it has been better than this season's Arrow or even AOS (which is quite a bit stronger than it was last season). Apart from some corny stuff, it's been pretty fantastic and it also has some of the best CGI I've seen on this type of show.
I just find this doom-and-gloom stuff to be really obnoxious. I didn't like it when Superman did it in Man of Steel and I hated it in the first season of Arrow. I like my heroes acting heroic, not acting like they're Max Payne. I guess we're coming at it differently though, because Iron Man 3 has been my favorite Marvel movie next to the Avengers.

There is room for plenty of different styles of super hero movie, but it doesn't do it for me when Superman looks constipated and sad for two hours. Batman and the Punisher? Sure, that works I suppose (Although the best Punisher movie, Warzone, took none of it seriously and was so much better for it), but it fits their characters. The bright, colorful Justice League? Maybe not so much.

And it's not that I care how much money a film makes (Well, I do. If the movie does well financially I'm more likely to see that hero get another movie.), but the studios do, and it tells them which trends to follow. Warner Brothers should be paying attention to the success of Marvel, and not their failure at a fun super hero movie, Green Lantern.
Fair enough. I don't think the problem with Man of Steel was the darker tone though. I'm sure they could have made it work a lot better. The writing was just bad and Superman had zero characterization.