FNAF - Which animatronic is the scariest?

thejboy88

Aug 29, 2010
Title says it all. Of the various animatronics featured in the three "Five Nights at Freddy's" games, which would you consider the scariest? Assuming you actually find them scary of course.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
The Duck.

Plague of Gripes taught me that ducks are horrible rapists with corked shotgun penis. Truly, the most evil of monsters.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I'm tempted to go with Springtrap: he's the most unpredictable of the bunch and if you know his backstory he is considerably more sinister.

That said, I think the puppet is ultimately the scariest: it's a real sword of Damocles hanging over the player's head the entire time. Not only does it add a real stress factor to the gameplay, but there's one cutscene in the second game that is absolutely disturbing with the thing just right in your face. It's also one of the things that hasn't been explained, and that bit of mystery just makes it creepier.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Bonnie in his Five Nights at Freddy's 1 incarnation. I feel it's less due to his appearance and more due to his unpredictability, given that he can literally teleport to any location he can go to in an RNG manner. Freddy and Chica have set routes. Golden Freddy is creepy but avoidable, and Foxy is more of an irritants. Knowing Bonnie can show up at any point is quite unnerving, even if his mechanic is completely bullshit.

I would say Springtrap given how creepy the idea of him being alone in the building is, but I think Springtrap is the biggest asshole I've ever seen in a game. He can control his mouth, so him giving you a little grin and a little smirk when he's near the Office comes off as incredibly dickish. And I still don't know what he actually does with you when he reaches you. His backstory is quite creepy though.

New World Fool

Feb 15, 2013
Freakin' Chica, it's that damn face of hers that scares the crap outta me, that open-beaked "I'm gonna eat your face" stare...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Mangle. Because I can just envision what she'd look like fully-animated- reaching across the ceiling with one gleaming metallic limb after another, pulling herself from room to room to swoop down on you from above. Like some nightmarish mechanical conglomeration of squid and spider.

Plus:
The noise she makes is radio static interspersed with someone saying "10-1"- that's American police code for "lost signal". It's the closest a robot can get to screaming for help.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Looks wise, Old Bonnie and Springtrap look pretty unsettling, leaving Springtrap's model on the screen and just staring at it creeps me out a bit no matter how long I stare.

On the jumpscare side, I think it's a tie between Foxy from 1, and Old Bonnie. Seeing that bastard sprint down the hallway at the speed of light got me the most. Keep in mind, I'm terrified of those fucking dog machines in Wolfenstein TNO, so Old Bonnie does me no favors.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
New World Fool said:
Freakin' Chica, it's that damn face of hers that scares the crap outta me, that open-beaked "I'm gonna eat your face" stare...
Are you talking about chica from the first game or the toy version from the second game?

The face on that toy one...no way kids walk away without having nightmares after a party there.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Story wise, I'd go with Springtrap for what his origins are. Gameplay wise, he's not scary at all. He just strolls into the room like "Hey, bro, you look tired. Wanna take a break and let me take over watch?" Maybe Foxy or Mangle (or whoever did the bite of '87) as second place for story.

For appearance and behavior, Toy Chica and the fuckin' Puppet. Toy Chica for some reason takes off her beak and removes her plastic eyes for nighttime prowling. That toothy, empty-eyed face of hers is something you don't want to see coming at you through a dark hallway in real life unless you're looking for constipation relief. It goes past the uncanny valley and digs straight to hell. The Puppet is right behind her digging away, too. It lunges at you in FNAF 2 and stares and stares and stares both in a cutscene in 2 and as a hallucination in 3. Your personal space belongs to him during those moments. Old Bonnie doesn't have nothin' on these two, even without half a face.

Personally, I'd watch a Saturday morning cartoon based on the friendly interpretation of Foxy. In FNAF, he's shy around the other mascots and just wants to meet a new friend. Too bad the player dies of a heart attack, if he makes it through the door, before he can introduce himself. In 2, he wants to give the player a big glomp-style hug, but doesn't realize he weighs so much that jumping at someone like that will crush their ribcage.

Pinkilicious

Sep 24, 2014
The Rogue Wolf said:
Mangle. Because I can just envision what she'd look like fully-animated- reaching across the ceiling with one gleaming metallic limb after another, pulling herself from room to room to swoop down on you from above. Like some nightmarish mechanical conglomeration of squid and spider.

Plus:
The noise she makes is radio static interspersed with someone saying "10-1"- that's American police code for "lost signal". It's the closest a robot can get to screaming for help.
aw, really? Das sad. I feel like building her a new body now. When can we play as a mechanic?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Silentpony said:
Probably PewDiePie
I laughed. :p

flying_whimsy said:
I'm tempted to go with Springtrap: he's the most unpredictable of the bunch and if you know his backstory he is considerably more sinister.
While I agree his backstory does make him pretty sinister, I'd argue against the "most unpredictable" bit seeing as how the entire objective of FNAF3 is literally to lead him around the building with sound cues until 6 am...meaning not only is he predictable, but you have moderate control of where he's going to be. :p

OT: To me the creepiest one is Chica.

In FNAF 1: due to the xenomorph 2nd mouth that's visible within her bill...and the fact that she's the one that does that freaky spaz-twitch head trick the most.

In FNAF 2: due to all the Rule 34 that Toy Chica's design spawned. >.>

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Chica due to being able to see the second set of teeth under the bill and also that rasping sound she make when you look at the screen for too long...

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Probably Mangle followed by Springtrap. If I turned around a corner, and one of those was staring me right in the face, I think a lot more would be coming out of me than tears and a scream.

As for the original crew, Chica. It is just the shape of her head and eyes that does it for me.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Fucking Mangle, man. The mofo is just disturbing. Messed up body, static coming from somewhere, and the horrifying grin. Just get it away!!!!

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
Mangle is the most visually terrifying, although the backstory and existence of Spring-Trap is the most disturbing. Of the 4 main ones Foxy has had the scariest appearance but I think Freddy's music thingy from FNAF1 is still my favorite.

Sep 24, 2008
No love for the Puppet?

If you follow the proposed Lore, you have to realize how terrifying the Puppet is. It was able to take the souls of the children and put them into the robots. So that means the Puppet was possessed either by the very first victim, or it was supernatural long before the events even took place. Your literal only two options is that the first child that was killed who supposedly possessed the puppet was killed in such a horrific way that it became a freaking ghost, or that the puppet was already waiting for something to go wrong to become alive again.

The endings of FNAF supports the idea that the Puppet is simply a supernatural entity that just so happened to be owned by a Pizza restaurant. In the good ending, there are just hallowed out masks meaning the children's spirits moved on. In the bad ending, there are masks that are lit up despite having no electronics in them, meaning the children are still there.

Both endings do not include the puppet, meaning that he's probably not a ghost of one of the children.

So what the Puppet really is becomes the biggest mystery of the series.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
I'm going to have to go with Bonnie, both the original and the faceless version. The first had the most uncanny valley appearance, while the second looked like something spewed up from hell.

Also, fucking Springtrap. That guy was just a sadistic monster and looked it.

I'd be tempted to say the Marionette, but I've always had a soft spot for the guy, especially considering the backstory.

And Mangle I just felt sorry for.