Food that everyone dislikes that you like

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
The problem with food is that no matter how obscure or horrible tasting you think something is ... someone is going to love it.

I personally love Black Pudding yet my wife, kids and friends all think it is disgusting.

However I can't say everyone hates it because Black Pudding is incredibly popular.

Same with Haggis.

And Tripe.

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
I love salt and vinegar chips and I always buy them specifically so my friends don't all ask for some because they all hate them. Amongst my friends they are not liked at all but I love them personally.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Sauerkraut would probably be the big one, every time I get it out people freak out about the smell (especially my sister) and nobody ever wants to try it if they haven't had it before and I'm eating it in their presence but I love the stuff. Also a stunning amount of people don't like pickles another one of my favorite foods. Basically I like really salty and sour things and all my friends are conformist sweet tooths.

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
ejb626 said:
Sauerkraut would probably be the big one, every time I get it out people freak out about the smell (especially my sister) and nobody ever wants to try it if they haven't had it before and I'm eating it in their presence but I love the stuff. Also a stunning amount of people don't like pickles another one of my favorite foods. Basically I like really salty and sour things and all my friends are conformist sweet tooths.
Sauerkraut is nummy. Lots of pickled things are tasty. I also love pickled red cabbage - gorgeous warmed up and served with a roast dinner.

Why don't more people like rollmop herrings, that's what I want to know. People at work look at me with horror when I eat them.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
I have a feeling that this is exclusive to the people I know, but Mushrooms, especially on Pizza. That shit is fucking amazing, and only maybe 1 person that I know agrees

Rickolas Walrus

Mar 2, 2012
None of my friends like raw potatoes, black liquorice, deviled eggs, and only a couple of people I know like scallops or shrimp

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
In small quantities? Tendons. Oh the things you learn when you order off the "Adventure Time" menu at the local Pho kitchen.

In large quantities, I have a surprisingly high tolerance for asparagus. Most people I meet say "Bleh, asparagus" or eat it because it's healthy and they have reduced taste, but I rather like them when cooked right.

Also black liquorice is pleasant when eaten slowly. All my friends turn pale with horror when they see it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Furioso said:
I have a feeling that this is exclusive to the people I know, but Mushrooms, especially on Pizza. That shit is fucking amazing, and only maybe 1 person that I know agrees
I have the opposite problem. Everyone I know things mushrooms are the bomb, but I think they're kind of slimy and bland.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
A pretty obvious one but still, it's true in my case

Even I have to admit, eating too much, or just taking giant spoonfulls will make you sick. But you always come back for more.

That is the power of marmite.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Furioso said:
Add one more person.
I fucking inhale mushrooms.

OT: I like dipping fries in my milkshake and eating them.
It is delicious I tell you. Unfortunately only a couple of friends agree with me.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Most of my family hates mead, but I enjoy a bottle of it every xmas and New Year's.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Furioso said:
I don't particularly care for mushrooms on pizza (I don't mind them either, though), but a good baked stuffed mushroom is absolutely amazing.

OT: Well, I hesitate to really call it "food", because it's really more "slightly-flavored sugar", but everyone I've talked to about it always says how gross candy corn is, I love that stuff. So much... so tasty...

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Escargot. They taste delicious (because they're swimming in garlic and butter) but a lot of people just can't get past the snail part. Same with octopus. No one really disputes the flavor as much as the texture and the animal it came from

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
I can't think of any besides the wierd sandwiches i used to make when i was younger (I stopped eating them, probably would still like them though) like fried egg + Salami sandwich, maybe add some potato chips on there.

This probably doesn't count but i also like potatoes with everything that isnt potatoes, and i really cant eat steak or chicken without it.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Rawne1980 said:
The problem with food is that no matter how obscure or horrible tasting you think something is ... someone is going to love it.

I personally love Black Pudding yet my wife, kids and friends all think it is disgusting.

However I can't say everyone hates it because Black Pudding is incredibly popular.

Same with Haggis.

And Tripe.
I used to love black pudding, then I got told that it was made b frying blood. Ever since that day my body only allows me to eat half of a piece, when it comes to the other half my body decides it's full and rejects it. Cool story I know.

MOT: Quite a lot of people I know hate mushy peas, I love mushy peas. Everybody loves Potato Cakes(Tatty Scones) but everyone hates dry(un-buttered) Potato Cakes. Not food but people think it's weird that I leave the tea bag in while I pour the milk, and that I have a miniscule amount of milk in tea so miniscule that there's no point it being in there.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Let's see: fruitcake, carrots, sun-dried tomatoes, hummus, cranberry juice, and sushi.

Also: in what country is eating raw potatoes even an option? Those don't even seem digestible.