Food you refuse to eat

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Colour Scientist said:
Mashed potato.

It actually makes me vomit.

I don't really eat mashed anything but especially potato, the texture is disgusting.
But you're Irish!
What?

/stereotype

Have you told your parents?

Edit: Actually, is that why? Is it because it's wrong to defile a potato in such a way?

I hope I'm not being offensive.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Chicken feet in a Chinese resturant.

Despite I have a wide tastebud (I oftern go to a Chinese resturant with my family so I had try alot of Chinese cuisine) I refuse to even try eating one of those. I guess I don't like the idea of eating the feet cos it was once being used to run/ walk about in a farm or factory. I just find the look of it unappealing escpecially the way you eat it you meant to spit out the bones after putting it in your mouth (I prefer to get the bones out and then eat it!).

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Tomatoes. They just creep me out,there's something about the texture that makes me vomit. It's fine if it's so mushed up it's all homogenous, I quite like tomato soup.

Also pretty much any boiled vetables that are all soft. Gross!

I also have problems eating salad that touched the warm food.

vortalism

Dec 15, 2011
I'm a bit of a health nut, so fast food and stuff in which I can "sense" the DEEP FRIE from a radius of 10ft is a no-no, being Asian I keep away from my native food when served in restaurants too, just because I think it's too greasy for me, I even stop eating candy or chocolate entirely most of the time, as well as stopped eating out when I can. Indian/Pakistani/Lebanese food however is the only stuff I allow myself to enjoy without prejudice. :) That stuff is awesome.

I've actually had the "pleasure" (I guess?) of having eaten insects, the ones I've tried not bad per se just really damn tasteless. Also I stay away from Shark Fin and American "Cheese".

Otherwise not too picky.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
Let's see well there's Onions, eggs, vegetables except potato's.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with an aversion to onions though try explaining it to anyone and they look at you like you've grown a second head.

It doesn't help that my father won't stop ragging on me for my weird eating habits, like it's going to make me try changing my eating habits.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Here's a simple test for whether I'll eat something: did said food originate from the ocean? If so, keep it the hell away from my face. No ifs or buts.

Colour Scientist said:
Mashed potato.

It actually makes me vomit.

I don't really eat mashed anything but especially potato, the texture is disgusting.
Have you made it yourself, or are we talking restaurant mashed? Because homemade mash is pretty nice, whereas the mashed you get from restaurants tends to be pretty godawful... Homemade mash, with plenty of milk and butter, and blended to a smooth creamy purée? Pretty nice. Lukewarm, lumpy, flavourless crap found at restaurants? That stuff is horrid, and I don't blame you for throwing up from it.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
McDonald's/Burger King/KFC-style fast food, although I'm fine with most other kinds of takeaway, but just won't touch that stuff. It's a combination of thinking about the rubbish that goes in there (although I know they're not the only ones and I doubtless eat similar sometimes from other places) and thinking it's just not that tasty. I'd rather spend a little more money elsewhere and get a "proper" decent burger. I'm well over a decade without setting foot in those places and miss it not one iota. What helps is that when doing the weekly shop about the most processed things we typically buy are cheese (still proper cheese, mind - not the "cheese" shown above) and alcohol.

Scarim Coral said:
Chicken feet in a Chinese resturant.

Despite I have a wide tastebud (I oftern go to a Chinese resturant with my family so I had try alot of Chinese cuisine) I refuse to even try eating on of those. I guess I don't like the idea of eating the feet cos it was once being used to run/ walk about in a farm or factory. I just find the look of it unappealing escpecially the way you eat it you meant to spit out the bones after putting it in your mouth (I prefer to get teh bones out and then eat it!).
Haha, the one time I tried eating chicken feet I was in with a bunch of Chinese friends and just tried following their lead. Guy next to me popped a foot in his mouth and started chewing. I popped a foot in my mouth and started chewing. He seemed to be crunching the bones. I crunched the bones and swallowed the lot. He spat the bones out.

Apart from that there was nothing wrong with it. Just tasted like chicken skin slathered in sauce. Kinda the same as when I tried a locust - it mostly tasted of the added flavouring was simply like eating a curry crisp.

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Most meat, but when I still did eat meat, it was roasts. People always said "Oh no you just haven't tried my dad's/grandma's/cat's roast!", so I tried them. I tried them all and none convinced me. Stupid roasts.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
schrodinger said:
American "Cheese"
Agreed! American cheese is rank, and that crap you get in a tube is even worse.

Since that was going to be mine, I'm struggling..... aha!

Laverbread. A Welsh delicacy made of Seaweed, and it's fucking revolting.

It tastes roughly what you'd expect it to from looking at it. The rosemary sprig does not help.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Vegemite, tomatoes, broccoli, cucumber, cauliflower, pickles, gherkins, beetroot, pineapple, blackcurrants, blue berries, raspberries, strawberries, raisins, sultanas, shellfish, insects/bugs/grubs/worms, raw/cooked onion (except onion rings oddly enough), oats/porridge, Christmas fruit cake, every kind of nut except peanut, peaches, pears, trail mix, cherries, olives, sponge cake, curry based cuisine, most kinds of fish and liver.

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Peppers. I mean like the actual article. For some reason I really enjoy salsa and hot sauce and various things made from peppers; but the taste and texture of raw peppers is almost instantaneously nauseating. Also, I like American cheese when it's been melted. You snobs don't know what your missing. (Fear me and my edginess)

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Alcom1 said:
Asparagus. Between its taste and smell, there is something absolutely broken about that vegetable.
Same. "Queen of vegetables" my ass...

Also, pretty much any type of cabbage. Green, white or red, I can't stand it. The texture and taste really bother me.

And lastly, certain type of very crumbly potatoes make me choke.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
If it's something that I know has a risk of killing me or giving me any other adverse effects, then I won't eat it.
I'll eat anything else though! Either out of preference or masochism.

Ryleh

Jul 21, 2013
008Zulu said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Gotta' love a good yeast extract. Best served on toast with avocado. Food of Straya', c*nt!

PS: Bollocks to Marmite.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Oh man, here we go;

Some seafood is just gross, let's say shrimp and salmon. White fish i'll eat though.
Stuff like rise / spagetti / the Mac in mac 'n cheese / basically noodles.

And salad. I fucking hate salad.

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
Meats that aren't muscle and fat. And recently everything that has E621 in it.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
I refuse to eat mushrooms; I dislike the texture and the taste, they literally make me feel ill.

Also, egg yolks are a big no for me, but I rather eat that than mushrooms~

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
schrodinger said:
What kind of food/s you do not dare go near?
- Cheese ( any kind, makes me phlegm )
- yogurt just don't enjoy it.. seems pointless as food to me.
- Bread, now ok.. i will eat bread but not the mass produced sliced crap, it's bad for your metabolism, and prevents you absorbing necessary iodine for healthy cells, plus it's a bloat-y horrid food... just avoid it.
- Chocolate simply serves no purpose, it's tasty sure but why? imagine sand tasted as good would you still eat it? it does nothing for you.
- plaice ( the fish/cod replacement in fish-sticks ) hate it. horrid bland and weird.. cod isn't that expensive.. just eat the real thing.
- 'crab' cakes or any fish cake.. that salty seafood gritty texture makes me want to puke.
- Anything covered in fat, it just tastes like a bucket of grease and also makes me want to puke.
- Anything from a fast food 'establishment' ( read $%^£hole )

now, other than those main things I really don't mind, hell I eat ( home made, of-course ) curry all the time so let's just say my tastes aren't so sophisticated.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
A lot of things. I'm really unadventurous when it comes to food.

but in particular Asparagus, cucumber and tomato make me want to puke.