Foods you enjoy, but can no longer eat.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
Gone lactose intolerant my self, but only for milk for some odd reason, I still love chocolate milk but it gives me gas. The kind of gas where I could be convicted of a war crime if the military used them in an interrogation.
lol

I'm partially lactose intolerant, I can consume up to a maximum of 500ml of dairy a day with no ill effects, go over by any amount and I am the same way.

Abbyka

Apr 9, 2015
FPLOON said:
You can probably order it online from the UK if you're willing to pay extra for shipping. Not sure. I know the UK still has the legit dairy milk made chocolate in all of their products. Hershey is just a big dick and bought rights to the name then proceeded to sue to ban Cadbury from selling here and won.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Dairy. It just ruins me.

I love me some ice cream, cereal, cheeses, creamy mashed potatoes, and numerous baked goods. However, roughly two years ago, I became lactose intolerant. So...

:(

I can take meds like Lactaid for some dairy foods, but anything more than a miniscule portion and no amount of pills will help.

I think I miss cereal and ice cream the most. It's odd, but I never imagined how depressing it would be to not be able to have even a single bowl of cold Cheerios.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Coke stopped making Coke Blak...so there's that...Also, Pepsi stopped making Mountain Dew Pitch Black...Twice...because they're bastards, ALL of them! Then there are cadbury chocolate products that the US doesn't sell...I want more Boost bars but they're so much better than Twix...then there are the Japanese Kit Kat bars which are better than the ones we have in the US. When it comes to allergies and intolerance though there's nothing I can really think about that I like that I can't eat anymore. There's raw or under-cooked fruits and berries which don't kill or, hurt me they do make my face and throat puff up a bit and make my inner ears itchy. This mainly effects me when I try eating sushi...because avocado.

kissthebottle

Apr 5, 2015
Panzarottis

I don't know if they are a thing outside of the Philadelphia/South Jersey area but they are basically deep fried pizza turnovers. Which, yeah, I know, sounds amazing...and it is. But I get soooooooo sick every time I eat them. I just feel over all gross.

Also raw onions. Cooked onions are fine. But raw onions destroy my tummy.

Also milk. I'm slightly lactose intolerant. I can eat cheese, yogurt, ice cream, and other dairy products, but straight up milk that isn't cooked in anything makes me so sick. I wouldn't care, but I do miss a fancy cappuccino from my favorite coffee shop. Soy milk just isn't the same. I said "fuck it" a few weeks ago and treated myself but I had lava poops the rest of the day. I at least got a couple of Sudoku puzzles finished.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I recently developed Celiac so I can't eat anything with gluten anymore. The things I miss most are:
Onion rings
Eating at most restaurants (they may offer gluten sensitive alternatives, but there's often no guarantee that there won't be cross contamination)
Good beer

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
I recently got a really, really bad infection in my gums, so until it clears up I can't eat anything except for liquids or super-soft foods like pudding or mashed potatoes, as chewing is excruciatingly painful.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Aetera said:
I recently got a really, really bad infection in my gums, so until it clears up I can't eat anything except for liquids or super-soft foods like pudding or mashed potatoes, as chewing is excruciatingly painful.
It's not scurvy is it?

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
Baffle said:
Hoplon said:
On topic; Can't consume much caffeine anymore, does my stomach in.
Ugh, tell me about it - three coffees and I could shit through the eye of a needle. Obviously that'd need to be a big needle, and someone would have to run around behind me with it trying to catch my offerings, like some sort of crazy gameshow.

Saying that, it may be something else in the coffee, as I'm fine on stacks of coke and energy drink.
The horror. There is no way I could without my morning joe. I drink that shit by the pot. As for what I can longer eat...I've really had to tone down the spices. I love spicy food but after getting a minor ulcer a few years back I woke and realized my stomach is no longer lined in iron. I still use them but in moderation and on fewer occasions.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
RedDeadFred said:
I recently developed Celiac so I can't eat anything with gluten anymore. The things I miss most are:
Onion rings
Eating at most restaurants (they may offer gluten sensitive alternatives, but there's often no guarantee that there won't be cross contamination)
Good beer
Gah! my condolences. That seriously sucks. I'm also glad you recognize that restaurants cannot fully control the product. So few people do. Also gluten free "breads" are a terrible product that no one should eat, celiac or not. I'd frankly rather go without bread for the rest of my life (weeps) than eat that shit.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
jklinders said:
RedDeadFred said:
Onion rings
Good beer
Gah! my condolences. That seriously sucks. I'm also glad you recognize that restaurants cannot fully control the product. So few people do. Also gluten free "breads" are a terrible product that no one should eat, celiac or not. I'd frankly rather go without bread for the rest of my life (weeps) than eat that shit.
Ya, I also recently started counting my calories and have noticed just how bad gluten free bread is. I still have it occasionally (if I'm having a burger or soemthing), but for the most part, it's low calorie foods with high protein.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
RedDeadFred said:
jklinders said:
RedDeadFred said:
Onion rings
Good beer
Ya, I also recently started counting my calories and have noticed just how bad gluten free bread is. I still have it occasionally (if I'm having a burger or soemthing), but for the most part, it's low calorie foods with high protein.
I tasted a gluten free burger bun we offer at work once. It tasted like pound cake and guests were saying it was good. They wanted to know where to get it from. That's appalling. A lot of bad carbs and mostly indigestible rice flour. If your burger needs to be wrapped in something you can always go Atkins style and wrap it in a leaf of lettuce. Better for you, tastes better and none of that fake food horseshit.

Oct 2, 2012
I love to eat eggs and I add mayonnaise to everything.
Well, I used to, back during the good times. Something changed however, and now my body reacts to eggs and significant amounts of mayonnaise like they're water from Mexico. I've cut all kinds of straight eggs from my diet (scrambled, boiled, etc) and I have reduced, but not eliminated, my mayo intake.

No idea why though, this only started sometime in the last 6 months.

My kingdom for an omelet... *cries*

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
I have remembered another thing that has actually made me feel sad..

Coconut yoo-hoo.

I'd burn this city to the ground if at the end I could use their souls to open a vortex that would allow me to grab a six pack of coconut freaking yoo-hoo. I miss it more then Arizona black and whites..

*sigh* Guess I could always start harvesting and hope for the best..

Shraggler

Jan 6, 2009
I'm fortunate enough to've not encountered any food allergies or the like so far.

I really don't like sweets, though. Ice cream, chocolate, cake (especially cake), pie, whatever. Sweet things just aren't appealing.

Except fruit. Fruit is so good. I ate an entire watermelon in a sitting last week. I have a crazy industrial-grade blender I use for smoothies all the time (very good for mixed drinks as well).

Wakey87 said:
Beer here aswell, just one or two gives me realy bad heart burn.
If you haven't tried it yet: Omeprazole (Prilosec). Does wonders for me.