For child's play charity

Crabcakes

Mar 28, 2010
My friends are putting on a live stream broadcast of something called Marathon of time, were we play Zelda for about 5 days straight, the more money raised the more time we play, think desert bus.
Why I made this topic is to ask you if you had any ideas on how to make it better.

all the money goes to child's play charity.

if you don't know what it is check out :http://www.childsplaycharity.org/

the Facebook group will give you a better understanding
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=105536666163292

help us, help them, help link.

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
I'd love to help but I'm pretty sure advertising is frowned upon by the mods here.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
eggy32 said:
I'd love to help but I'm pretty sure advertising is frowned upon by the mods here.
Didn't a conversation start on whether or not charity counts as advertising here? I mean, if they're not making money, does it count as advertising? It's just telling us about an impending event that may or may not give money to people who aren't them. Isn't saying a game release the same thing?

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
Blueruler182 said:
eggy32 said:
Didn't a conversation start on whether or not charity counts as advertising here? I mean, if they're not making money, does it count as advertising? It's just telling us about an impending event that may or may not give money to people who aren't them. Isn't saying a game release the same thing?
I don't know but I hope charity advertising is ok here. And I'm sure this little discussion between us has bumped this thread up a little bit and drawn attention to it.

Crabcakes

Mar 28, 2010
I fixed it so it looks LESS like an ad, and more like a help thread,which it is.

and thanks guys.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
eggy32 said:
Blueruler182 said:
eggy32 said:
I don't know but I hope charity advertising is ok here. And I'm sure this little discussion between us has bumped this thread up a little bit and drawn attention to it.
Yay! I love helping the children! Wait...

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
Blueruler182 said:
eggy32 said:
Blueruler182 said:
eggy32 said:
wait what?

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
eggy32 said:
Blueruler182 said:
eggy32 said:
Blueruler182 said:
eggy32 said:
wait what?
Does preservation for target practice count?

I'm joking, by the way, if anyone's curious.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
You first have to ask yourself a question or two:
Will you be fun to watch? Desert Bus is only such a great success because LRR is funny to watch, seeing as they are comedians with a mass amounts of videos to reference, they can create the lulz quite well.
Do you use Chip-In? Seriously, the only way to do something like this.
Why Zelda? I mean, that's not a bad thing. You're playing an awesome game, DesertBus is shitty and is thus more fun to pay to see them play through a tortuous and horrible game.

I wish you luck, and doubt you will go too far, but I hope you prove me wrong....for the children.

Crabcakes

Mar 28, 2010
PayneTrayne said:
You first have to ask yourself a question or two:
Will you be fun to watch? Desert Bus is only such a great success because LRR is funny to watch, seeing as they are comedians with a mass amounts of videos to reference, they can create the lulz quite well.
Do you use Chip-In? Seriously, the only way to do something like this.
Why Zelda? I mean, that's not a bad thing. You're playing an awesome game, DesertBus is shitty and is thus more fun to pay to see them play through a tortuous and horrible game.

I wish you luck, and doubt you will go too far, but I hope you prove me wrong....for the children.
I though of this as well, i didn't start this my friends did and they picked Zelda(i only played one Zelda game before and a sucked bad it might as well be desert bus, i was trying to get a cat in a cat door for 45 mins.) i'm trying to help now. I know we are not going to be HUGE!, but one dollar raised is better than non.
My friends are some pretty watchable people, and most of just are trained in radio and television broadcasting, hope people want to watch.

Swarley

Apr 5, 2010
Can you even play Zelda for 5 days? Sounds kinda lame, now 5 days of sitting around in a poorly lit room playing horror games, now that's something I would watch! Especially if the players are easily scared!

Crabcakes

Mar 28, 2010
Swarley said:
Can you even play Zelda for 5 days? Sounds kinda lame, now 5 days of sitting around in a poorly lit room playing horror games, now that's something I would watch! Especially if the players are easily scared!
that is a really good idea, but theres not that many scary games out there.

and again I wish it was something better, like the WORST NES games.