For Muscians and the Musically Inclined - Dream Instruments

Alex Cowan

Feb 13, 2010
Oh God don't make me choose...

I would say a 1930s Selmer MK VI, reckoned to be the best saxophone ever made, but I recently got a new sax, which I'm pretty happy with (and doesn't come with the same maintenance costs owning an original would...)

A '59 Les Paul would be incredibly tempting, but quite a cliché choice for dream instrument.

I'll have to go with

Aww yeah...

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Look at it! There's so many that I wouldn't know what to do with my self! I'd just hit whatever and it'd sound awful, but I'd love it.

Zenron

The Laughing Shadow
May 11, 2010

Steinway Model C. It would be so awesome to have this. I would have absolutely nowhere to put it... but I'd still like it.

Cobelo

Feb 27, 2009

The Buffet BC1193 bass clarinet. So awesome... now if only i wasn't broke. /cry

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
As soon as I have disposable income, I'm soundproofing a room in my house and getting this bad boy:

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009

What I wouldn't do for these... What's that? You want my firstborn? Take him!

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Well I'm pretty happy with my Maton EM325c acoustic guitar, it was the guitar I saved for and wanted and it is still my preferable instrument but I would definitely like a Greenfield G3 guitar. They're megabucks though and the luthier only seems to make them for certain musicians.

Electric wise... I haven't played electric for ages but if I went back to it I would like a Fender Jaguar HH - they just look awesome.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
KingCrInuYasha said:
Mellotron.

Always loved the sounds that came out of them.
Me too! Particularly the choir sounds. You hear a lot of Mellotron sounds in Prog-Rock era Genesis music.

At least a company called Manikin have made a more modern, digital version of it called the Memotron, so you don't have to worry about the sound-tapes getting scratched. It costs about $2,700. Not cheap, but a lot cheaper than an actual 1970's Mellotron and a lot easier to use and take care of.

http://www.manikin-electronic.com/en/products_memotron.html