For the Emporer

bradley348

Apr 17, 2009
So, who actually has played, or plays the Table Top of WH 40k?

i did, Blood Angels all the way.

Then i did Grey knights,

then i got bored cause it all costed a lot (and this was when i was a poorer bastard

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
I attempted it once, but failed to get into it due to it being expensive and I can't paint very well, but dawn of war is a great game that I very much enjoy.

The Infinite

Mar 30, 2009
Yep I play a Tyranid Army and my friend plays Chaos and we usually just battle each other since we have enough units for varied matches; though I haven't bothered getting any more and yeah Dawn of War has got more hours of fun than Tabletop.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Ah, good ol' Warhammer.
I used to play Tau in 40K but was mostly a Fantasy fan, I had lots of elves.

I still paint them occasionally for fun and relaxation, but not played in a couple of years.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I collected models, but stopped because of the cost.
So I bought all the DoW games instead.
and I recently purchased a Leman Russ :D

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I played Imperial Fists Space Marines first
then Deathwing Terminator army
then Eldar
then Imperial Guard

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
I contemplated it once, but the costs involved are sickening. They're toys, f'chrissakes. No matter what the marketing department wants you to think, you're playing with plastic toys.

Also this little problem
Furburt said:
the people who played it regularly all smelled weird

And my last and only foray into Games Workshop in Dublin led to me being beset by an overenthusiastic salesman who wanted to sell me a starter army for 'only' 150euro.

I thoroughly enjoyed the PC games, though. And the mythos is quite cool.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
I play Space Marines and Imperial Guard.

I've got a battle company and veteran company worth the of the 'tin men'.

and I just started on the Guard. ^^

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
I want to start, but the price puts me off and I can't paint for shit.

I just play Dawn of War instead.

Karlaxx

Oct 26, 2009
I'd love a chance to play the tabletop, but I haven't met anybody that's within 3 hours of me to do so with. I'll content myself with Dark Crusade, I guess.

ALSO: If anyone wants to play one of the Dawn of War games, I have em all, and I'd love a chance to play them again. All my friends stopped playing it seems. Just PM me.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Furburt said:
it was too expensive and the people who played it regularly all smelled weird.
Both those points are just pure fact, partially the reasons I stopped playing it too.

Also they take it waaaaaaay to seriously for a game that involves dice

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
samaritan.squirrel said:
I contemplated it once, but the costs involved are sickening. They're toys, f'chrissakes. No matter what the marketing department wants you to think, you're playing with plastic toys.
wooty said:
Furburt said:
it was too expensive and the people who played it regularly all smelled weird.
Both those points are just pure fact, partially the reasons I stopped playing it too.

Also they take it waaaaaaay to seriously for a game that involves dice
These two. If i would to play Warhammer for some arbitrary reason, i'd make all the figurines myself and think up single most ridiculous backstory i can. But it'd be too much of a hassle, and no-one plays tabletop games in this country anyway. So i can probably say i won't play neither 40000 nor Fantasy Battle. Ever.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
I was a member of my school's gaming with minitures club god damn those were the days. So everyone was into WH40K minitures but I never owned any they were so damn expensive, but the club was for any tabletop game including D&D (even though they just talked and drew pictures) I remember I would bring in historical hundered years war minitures and play against someone elses Templars or something with WH rules. Or we would have "War of the Universe" matches where we just pitted random mintures against eachother like Lord of the Rings VS historical Hundred Years War, Axis and Allies VS Warhammer.

The best part was when we got bored we would go over and bug the people playing D&D, those people, the club's impromtu philosophy if it had one would probaly be "You may be a geek for coming to this club, but you'll never be as big of a geek as those people over there playing D&D"

minispike47

Aug 15, 2008
I went through most of the Warhammer types. In 40k I collected the Necrons and then the Imperial guard. I also collected the Orcs and Goblins in the Warhammer universe. But I mostly played the LOTR version though. I loved the Elves and later, the Haradrim (if thats how you spell it).
I quit because more video games that I wanted were coming out and I couldn't afford both. I sometimes miss playing massive 2v2 battles with my mates but at least I don't have to paint the models anymore!