For the Empress

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Hmm. In that form, I could take Navi's pestering. Simply because she comes with an off switch in it.

Should the Master Sword be a Chain Sword? :p

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Less canonical? Does that mean if you take enough of them you'll finally learn to wear your dam seat belt?
UltimatheChosen said:
Is it wrong that I want to play that game?
Is it wrong that I want those pills?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Navi looks a lot more useful now I must say, plus Ganon is going to need a new pair of pants...and a shotgun.

Edit: Seriously I am just joking stop quoting me -.-

Sir Prize

Dec 29, 2009
I'd play that game....
But I do wonder just what effect it would on other cannon, maybe we'd see a James Bond like Mario?

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
UltimatheChosen said:
They already made it more or less [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/7010-Review-Darksiders].

Green Ninja

Aug 10, 2009
I really want to make that as a mini, but I don't have the skills to paint the Hyrule seal on a shoulder pad :D

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
UltimatheChosen said:
I second that notion.

In order to be able to hallucinate game characters into real life, I tried falling off a bike. The effect was not the same. u.u

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Apr 8, 2020
Country
United States
DVS BSTrD said:
Can I be wrong with you?

It would sure as hell be entertaining, or frightening....but mostly entertaining.

Apr 28, 2008
If they replaced Navi with Morte Ocarina of Time would have been soooooo much better.

Granted, that doesn't look like Morte, but screw it, a man can dream.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
Is it wrong that I want those pills?[/quote]

We're a pharmaceutical nation. It's wrong of you NOT to want those pills.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Is this gonna be a new storyline? Cuz that could be really interesting.
Qitz said:
It's definitely a missed opportunity, it would probably have been fun to draw.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Irridium said:
If they replaced Navi with Morte Ocarina of Time would have been soooooo much better.

That's a servo skull from Warhammer 40k.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I would love to play Legend of Zelda: Space Marine.

To really mess with the time line make it take place even before Skyward Sword and in space.., with guns; and have a horribly convoluted plot (like the three goddesses were actually spaceships, and the tri-force where the power supplies).

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
I'm studying Pharmacology. Give me seven years and I'll have de-canonifying pills available in all the less-credible sidestreets!

Haz88

Nov 19, 2009
Slycne said:
UltimatheChosen said:
They already made it more or less [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/7010-Review-Darksiders].
Ninja'd :)
I actually liked Darksiders. It wasn't the best game ever, being bit of a Zelda-clone, but I had loads of fun with it at the time.

Apr 28, 2008
Ironman126 said:
Irridium said:

I know. I just choose to believe otherwise.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Legend of Zelda: Space Marine.

I'll take the pills she's having, thank you very much.

Also, how about Super Mario 4: Modern Warfare?

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
Slycne said:
I love that game. I thought the exact same thing when I played it.

wyrmslayer1991

Jun 14, 2011
See? An LoZ in space would be waaaay cooler than goddamn mario. Just as long as Link doesn't trudge from chest high wall to chest high wall.

... And Epona is now the name of Link's jetpack.

PH3NOmenon

Oct 23, 2009
This reminds me of a wallpaper the folks at Penny Arcade had up at one point, of a very similar style Link...

I'd post it but I can't seem to find it. Anyone feel like earning some interwebs e-cred by looking it up?

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
"How can a man be happy if he cannot serve his lord with full hearts?"

alternatively

"An empty mind is like unto a freshly turned sod; if not sown with the seeds of Wisdom, Power and Courage, the insidious weeds of heresy will take root."

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
God... just imagine a DMC/Bayonetta and Pokemon merger... Just imagine the kind of theme song that would have! We're talking pokeballs as far as the eye can see!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I legitimately want to make this game happen. Just a 2D side scroller for simplicity, around 10-20 minute experience to show we can.

I'm a programmer by profession so I can contribute that much.

Any takers?

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Irridium said:
Ironman126 said:
Irridium said:

I know. I just choose to believe otherwise.
Ok, just checking.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I would have never put Link down as a Dark Angel, but then the closet homosexuality would make more sense.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
Slycne said:
UltimatheChosen said:
Damn it. Beat me to it.

When I first saw that image, I thought "Oh, it's like if Darksiders finally just came out and admitted it's a rip-off."

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
HERESY!
SUFFER NOT THE ALIEN TO LIVE!

Link = Deathwatch/Grey Knight
Zelda = Inquisitor
Gannon = Greater Demon

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Slycne said:
UltimatheChosen said:
they also kind of made the comic

more or less.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
A servo skull Navi. I don't know if that's awesome or wrong.

And some Eldar looking xeno in Space Marine Mk7 Power Armor? Heresy! He's even scrawled his deviant, blasphemous heraldry on it!

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
I wonder what rules 40K Link would have?

Also I'm kinda tempted to make a chapter wearing those colours, I do have 20 or so marines primed in green somewhere.....

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
SPHESS MARHEEENS!

I wont lie, id play the hell out of this game. An open world, RPG SPHESS MARHEEENZ game? I smell something that could turn the gaming world on its head...

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
"Eh," as in it's both funny (LOL Link so buff now) and sad (aww, Link too buff now).

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
I would have never put Link down as a Dark Angel, but then the closet homosexuality would make more sense.
You know, with those colors on his armor and the robe that was the first chapter that came to mind, the Dark Angels.

Well of course he's not interested in Zelda Heavy, he's busy hunting down the Fallen. :D

Erin looked kinda weird with her mouth like that, reminds me of the "Innsmouth Look" with how it was done, great comic this week!

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Navi looks a lot more useful now I must say, plus Ganon is going to need a new pair of pants...and a shotgun.
I'm assuming Gannon is a greater Daemon. probably Tzeentch

Bluecho

Dec 30, 2010
I don't know guys. Pills that make her already intrusive hallucinations less cononical? This could be a very bad thing. A very awesome thing, but also very bad.

andy25100

Sep 5, 2010
I think those drugs were the best thing to happenn to Erin since the car crash as hallucinating Link is cool, but hallucinating Link as a Space Marine is ten times cooler.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Slycne said:
UltimatheChosen said:
Damn ninjas >.<' - I just hope that the port of Darksiders 2 for PC doesn't suck as much as the first game. But otherwise, it was a great game.

OT: I think that a Master Chainsword would've been more appropriate, but this would suffice. FOR TEH EMPREH!!!

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Haz88 said:
Slycne said:
UltimatheChosen said:
Ninja'd :)
I actually liked Darksiders. It wasn't the best game ever, being bit of a Zelda-clone, but I had loads of fun with it at the time.
I got stuck. I can't figure out how to float on the air currents or whatever to cross large gaps. Ugh.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Slycne said:
UltimatheChosen said:
Yea. When I first saw Darksiders, I thought the guy was Cypher (Fallen Dark Angel HQ).

I would like those pills too, that's probably the only way one could ever play a 40K game on the Wii.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Green armor? What is he, a Dark Angel? (Salamanders have flames painted on the shoulder)
...I don't know anything about those guys. Huh.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
I'm sure this'll give birth to an entirely new breed of fan fiction.

I wonder what other combinations there could be that people haven't yet thought of. My Little Pony and Gears of War?

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
Joshimodo said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:

Not really.
What'evs. That thing n match for a TriForce Marine with a Master Sword, Chapter Seal, and Naviskull Serviator.

"Hey Listen!"

"Yaa!"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Doug said:
I'm sure this'll give birth to an entirely new breed of fan fiction.

I wonder what other combinations there could be that people haven't yet thought of. My Little Pony and Gears of War?
that'd be a 'less hard cored' down grade.

OT: hehehe, I'm with a lot of other people, those pills would make thing interesting, but already own the game :D Darksiders ftw, heres hoping 2 will be just as good

Grape_Nuts

Mar 23, 2011
Combine Rustler said:
Green armor? What is he, a Dark Angel? (Salamanders have flames painted on the shoulder)
...I don't know anything about those guys. Huh.
They were chosen for the colors and perhaps for the juicy betrayals.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
The pills help, but what helps more is the fact that Link grew up..... and found alcohol!

rayen020

May 20, 2009
It it weird that i suddenly have the urge to make my own custom space marine chapter? and it will be based on this?

Seriously though, thats an awesome comic.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Windknight said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
I'm assuming Gannon is a greater Daemon. probably Tzeentch
Not good enough at xanatos speed chess. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosSpeedChess] more likely nurgle (what with the redeads) or Khorne... because what bad guy can't be?

and yes that is a link to tvtropes. you have been warned.

Erttheking

Legacy
Apr 23, 2020
Country
United States
Ok, where the hell did this idea come from?...nevermind, I don't want to know.

HalfTangible

Apr 13, 2011

Do you mind if i write a fanfic about Link the Space Marine?

I sincerely doubt I'll ever actually write it, but this would be the first step if I were going to.

awol360

May 11, 2010
Ok, well that's probably one of the coolest funny things I've seen all week

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
Wait what..?

So...Erin has started to take pills to conquer her hallucinations...taking different ones until she makes the final leap home? :D

Must've been one hell of an arc if it was mostly individual stories, mostly using visual references with the occaional non-erin comic or a comic based on a real issue.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
thiosk said:
I got stuck. I can't figure out how to float on the air currents or whatever to cross large gaps. Ugh.
If you're talking about what I think you are, you need to jump over the big blue glowy balls and hold down the jump button. Big black wings will pop out of your back and you'll shoot up into the air.

If you're talking about the one other way to cross large gaps, you need to use the hookshot equivalent and aim it at the floating lights spread around the area you're trying to cross.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
ah hell I'd play that game!
Space Marine wasn't too bad really
tho a Master Chainsword would be required (as a power-up probably after an obligatory "prove your worth" trial)

nagashthegod

Jan 25, 2012
Amazing idea, I would definitely play that. Or have an army of Links. In fact....

*Fifteen minutes later*

Ta-da:

I know the arm and head are a bit off, but shh.
Angle doesn't help either. Hands look in better proportion in real life.
Now to make an entire army of them, mwahaha.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
nagashthegod said:
Amazing idea, I would definitely play that. Or have an army of Links. In fact....

*Fifteen minutes later*

Ta-da:

I know the arm and head are a bit off, but shh.
Angle doesn't help either. Hands look in better proportion in real life.
Now to make an entire army of them, mwahaha.
You realize that you also have to customize an Orc army to look like moblins, right?

Maphysto

Dec 11, 2010
You know, normally I'm not a big fan of crossover shit.

But Dark Angel Link would be fucking awesome and I will give the Emperor's Peace to anyone who says otherwise.

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
If I ever start playing 40k again. I'm totally making a Hyrulian Space Marine chapter. Colours of Green/Brown/White, with preference for close quarters... (spacewolf or black templars rules basicly).

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
In my mind the voice of that floating skull with the robot pincers was a robotic Navi.

(10 seconds later) Now it's possessed Navi.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Qitz said:
Hmm. In that form, I could take Navi's pestering. Simply because she comes with an off switch in it.

Nope, power sword. Power swords in WH40k come in the form of bladed weapons that cover the blade with an energy sheath, to ones that create blades of pure energy ala light sabers. They are more powerful than chain swords, and there are ones that are very old artifacts and/or infused with some of the Emperor's power and coorespondingly potent.

While taking this too seriously, if someone DID run with that idea, The Master Sword would probably be an ancient power sword with a singularity generator attached to it or something. Perhaps even having been present during the final slap fight between The Emperor and Horus and sucking up some mojo due to it (The Emperor being so powerful that things like certain Rogue Trader writs that bear his direct signature and basically indestructable. One of the novels I read had one floating through space after the destruction of the ship that was carrying it if I remember). Link's quest to get it would be similar to many other quests to recover chapter artifacts or archeotech.

That said, I have been waiting for someone to do a female Link in a game, I know a lot of girls cosplay in Link costumes.

Also given the way the world of Zelda seems to incarnate into parallels of itself, I've always thought it would be vaguely amusing to see a game where Link was the prince, and Zelda was a peasant girl who has to become a hero to rescue him. :)

... and yes, Navi could be forgiven on the mertis of being a servo skull. I mean heck, Mort was an obnoxious sidekick, but he worked in "Planescale: Torment" because floating skulls are awesome! :)

Moloch Sacrifice

Aug 9, 2013
A long-running Nintendo franchise? Warhammer 40,000? Together? Are we trying to make Mr. Croshaw have an aneurism?