Forgotten Smallpox Vials Found In Lab Clear-Out: More Found Update

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Horribly dangerous diseases once thought to be wiped out, found by government scientists.. just kind of... lying around some old lab, in some box full of other horrible diseases.

No, but, seriously, now that no one's going to get smallpox, I guess our species as a whole can be proud of something.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Yopaz said:
No, i don't see the difference. I see one guy with an attitude who won't come off it. You started off this way. I am not amicable towards people who act that way. I ask that you make amends for it. You're apologizing for the attitude.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
FalloutJack said:
Yopaz said:
No, i don't see the difference. I see one guy with an attitude who won't come off it. You started off this way. I am not amicable towards people who act that way. I ask that you make amends for it. You're apologizing for the attitude.
Prove me wrong. Answer my question. Is there a cure for smallpox? I have asked this of you several times now. It's extremely disrespectful to just ignore a question like that.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Yopaz said:
FalloutJack said:
Yopaz said:
Prove me wrong. Answer my question. Is there a cure for smallpox? I have asked this of you several times now. It's extremely disrespectful to just ignore a question like that.
I didn't ignore you. I asked you to drop the attitude. I made it clear I don't like people talking that way and wanted you to admit you were being overly-hostile during a normal conversation. I'm not shouting or instigating or calling names. Now, I want you to calm down and quit jumping on people. According to this thread, it's not the end of the world.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
FalloutJack said:
Yopaz said:
FalloutJack said:
Yopaz said:
I didn't ignore you. I asked you to drop the attitude. I made it clear I don't like people talking that way and wanted you to admit you were being overly-hostile during a normal conversation. I'm not shouting or instigating or calling names. Now, I want you to calm down and quit jumping on people. According to this thread, it's not the end of the world.
So basically, you still won't answer my question. I gave you an opportunity to prove me wrong, you didn't take it. I am done so you win.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
FalloutJack said:
KiKiweaky said:
I dunno, wouldn't that go sort of like...?

"Bwa ha ha ha haaa! With these vials, I will re-introduce Small Pox to the world! ...which they have a viable cure for...and the CDC will clamp down on faster than you can say 'We tend not to fuck around'. Dammit, I didn't think this through!"

Granted, on the short term, that would be terrible, but it'd be the same as fighting the Robot Master boss rush at the end of a Megaman game. We already know how to beat it and have the tools at our fingertips.
Granted yes we can combat it but how long would it take to implement vaccinations etc and calm down many millions? The panic it would cause would simply be catastrophic, if you released that shit in an airport and they only found out about even an hour later.... with the amount of traffic large airports see these days the shit would most definitely hit the fan for a few days or possibly weeks :|