Forgotten TV Shows

Dazzle Novak

Sep 28, 2015
darkcalling said:
I stumbled across a show called Terriers on Netflix about a year ago I think. Really good show about a private eye and his con man friend trying to solve a murder. Some of Donal Logue's best work. Not a single person I know has seen it. I'm not even sure what channel it may have originally aired on. Felt like an FX show maybe.
You poser. I watched this shit on FX before its unfortunate cancellation.

Nah, you're in rare company. Its ratings were garbage. It was averaging half a million viewers at one point. Blame shitty advertising.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Anyone remember this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_America

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
twistedmic said:
I copied these words from your post and did a Google search:

And the second result was for a show called Spellbinder:[spoiler]
[img src=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-a7Tx4eNNaN4/T-p-9pJjbzI/AAAAAAAAAGc/bRhNrDKDwpE/s1600/spellbinder.jpg][/spoiler]
Spellbinder [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spellbinder_(TV_series)]

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
There was this show called Awake, that I found out thanks to Cartoon Network's MAD. It instantly became my favorite because of the premise alone: After a car accident involving his wife and child a man lives between one of two dimenisions, changing each time he sleeps, one where his wife's dead, other where his son's dead and the world around himn seems to connect in more ways that he thinks, so he must live his two lives and uncover the mysteries of this event and the car accident.

My heart broke when I found out what happened to the show: after the third episode, the audience plummeted hard so it was cancelled with only 13 episodes, ending in, you've guessed it, a cliffhanger. This show aired before the Netflix era of reviving old shows, so it's more of a cult classic than anything, I really want to see it continuing.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Frezzato said:
twistedmic said:

[/spoiler]
Spellbinder [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spellbinder_(TV_series)][/quote]

That's the one, thank you. Good to know I hadn't made that one up. I could not for the life of me remember that name.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I got another one- Godzilla the Series, one of the few good things to come out of the lame 90's Godzilla movie. I also seem to remember there was an animated series with King Kong...

...Somebody write that crossover.

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
Samtemdo8 said:
Make stuff like this again Adult Swim....not stuff like this:
One of the best and darkest comedies I ever saw. I weep for when Adult Swim greenlit things like THIS instead of Brule....

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Smithnikov said:
Samtemdo8 said:
One of the best and darkest comedies I ever saw. I weep for when Adult Swim greenlit things like THIS instead of Brule....

Brule.....what?

And people thought Bojack Horsemen did the Dark Comedy with bleak darkness first :p

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
Samtemdo8 said:
Smithnikov said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Brule.....what?

And people thought Bojack Horsemen did the Dark Comedy with bleak darkness first :p
Dr Steve Brule. The spin off nobody wanted from the show that pretty much exemplified when Adult Swim started to just not give a fuck.

saluraropicrusa

undercover bird
Feb 22, 2010
CrazyGirl17 said:
I got another one- Godzilla the Series, one of the few good things to come out of the lame 90's Godzilla movie. I also seem to remember there was an animated series with King Kong...

...Somebody write that crossover.
yknow, for all its faults, i still like the 90's 'zilla for its cheese. and while it's not true to the spirit o the monster, i still liked 'zilla's design.

that cartoon, tho... ooh boy. i watched it as a kid but rewatching part o the first episode, i almost couldn't stomach the cheese. rockin opening theme, tho.

pookie101 said:
i grew up in the 80's so pretty much everything i watched haha

manimal, airwolf, greatest american hero, moonlighting, you cant do that on television, fraggle rock, hill street blues

i win :)

but the biggest would be max headroom.. the show that kindled my love of cyberpunk
fraggle rock was the shit.

as for me, well... there are a couple shows from my childhood i don't expect anyone else to know, even other canadians.

first, there was a calamity jane cartoon (The Legend of Calamity Jane) that i loved, that had (iirc) a very short run and only in canada.

then there was The Mr Potato Head Show. now, this one wasn't good on rewatching it, but it was... fascinating. it was done with puppets (and real people), and one o the characters was literally a pile o guts.

in the vein o less obscure shows, i adore The Muppets Tonight, which i expect wasn't as popular as the original muppet show. there's also Cybersix, which was pretty good (don't know if that one aired outside canada tho).

and for anyone who's fluent in french and doesn't already know it, i highly recommend Le Coeur a Ses Raisons, especially if you're familiar with soap opera cliches--it's an absolutely hilarious satire. not sure if there are versions of it with english subtitles, but many jokes would be lost in translation anyway (being dependent on french wordplay).

Musette

Pacifist Percussionist
Apr 19, 2010
I really liked Pushing Daisies back when it was still alive. It had such a quirky/morbid sense of humor that was just so rare at the time. Shame the writer's strike killed it though.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
SlumlordThanatos said:
NewsRadio.

It was the show Phil Hartman was a part of before he died. I don't hear very much about it anymore, but the entire show was hysterical, and there really wasn't a character who wasn't funny in some form or fashion. Phil may have stolen the show every time he was on screen, but that doesn't mean everyone else didn't get their moments.

It just kinda fell apart after he died.
The weird thing is that they thought they would be canceled after each season so they did a joke finale that always killed all the cast except usually Matthew and Bill. Except for the last season, where they didn't have Phil playing Bill anymore and instead had Jon Lovitz playing Max. The crew thought they would have more seasons after that but were canceled instead.