Fork Parker Makes a Serious Sam 3 Video

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Fork Parker Makes a Serious Sam 3 Video

[video=5017]​
Tired of watching the idiots in marketing make a mess of things, Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker has put together his very own Serious Sam 3 promotional trailer.

Yes, I know I've been linking to a lot of Serious Sam 3 trailers and I may have implied the last time around [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114338-Serious-Sam-3-Launch-Trailer-Launches] that I wouldn't do it again, but this new promotional trailer created by none other than Fork Parker, the Chief Financial Officer Extraordinaire at Devolver Digital, really shouldn't be missed. I'll let the esteemed executive and man-made mammary aficionado describe it to you in his own words.

"Shoot naked bird ladies! BAM!" he said. "Taste the violence! OMG IT TINGLES!"

Okay then. Like Samuel L. Jackson once said, you either want to see that, or you don't - and I think we all know that you do. Serious Sam 3: BFE [http://store.steampowered.com/app/41070/] is available now for the PC; console release dates have not yet been announced.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
As soon as i saw "I'd hit that", i knew this game was going to be mine.
Marketing success.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
My response to all Serious Sam publicity is:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I don't know how I feel about the iron sights. Not good I suspect.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Matthew94 said:
I thought it would be stupid but it did make me laugh a few times.

It's annoying how they are using late game weapons in the initial levels for 80% of the trailer, false advertising!
I know. I was like '...Is there a hidden Devastator in level 2 that I missed?'

You can get a rocket launcher and double barreled shotgun in level 1, and a laser/C4/rocket launcher again in level 4. Level 5 has a Cannon...uh...that's all I know. But I'm sure there are more.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
octafish said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
They're totally optional, it doesn't change your aiming ability at all, which makes it more funny.

This game is that good, and to boot it has split screen on PC. Mind, BLOWN

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Skyrim might be epic, but Serious Sam 3 is fun. You might remember fun from your childhood, if you dont then its probably too late to save you.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
octafish said:
There's actually a cheevo for getting through the entire game without using iron sights, sprinting or manually reloading. And honestly, the sights do virtually nothing for you. The crosshairs are just as accurate, and most of the time you're going to be putting up so much lead that precision isn't particularly relevant.

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
I absolutely LOVE this game, I really want more promotion for this game because way too many people are missing out.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Fork Parker is my favourite insane developer of all time, mostly just because the guy knows how to be silly without trying too hard. I want to have his nuclear space babies.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I have this game waiting for me on my HD... why haven't I played it again? Stupid Saints Row 3, Desert Bus for Hope, and creating a 3-D model of a skull. Why do you all need to distract me so much!

Also, I got tired of the 'no cover only man' tagline after about the first trailer. I personally don't mind cover-based combat, even if it is overused now. And basically saying that the best thing about your game is that you don't have people using cover... well that's not saying much.

Parnage

Apr 13, 2010
You know why they are making fun of cover? Because it's bloody battle armored, giant sized guys in power armor that in reality would make cover not hide behind it. You know what Sam does? He walks into a fight with a tanktop and pants. You know why? Because unlike every other shooter these days, it's not fun to hide in a game who's primary objective should be -killing everybodeh-

Cover is stupid in most situations it's used in. But hey it sells so people put more of it in games.

Pakkie

Apr 4, 2010
If your thinking about getting SS3 please do, its everything I personally expected it to be. (Fast-pace fps that's crazy fun).

Personally, game of the year for me, but due to the steam sales and massive amounts of other games coming out around it I don't believe its selling well at all :(.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
this game is awesome. just finished it yesterday. and dont worry about the iron sight, you really dont need it.
the only thing i really agree with, was reloading few weapons. also i missed the humor we know from part 2 but thats pretty much it.
so yes, get this game. its fun like hell. a typical "shoot first, ask questions later" game.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Snotnarok said:
octafish said:
They're totally optional, it doesn't change your aiming ability at all, which makes it more funny.
Andy Chalk said:
There's actually a cheevo for getting through the entire game without using iron sights, sprinting or manually reloading. And honestly, the sights do virtually nothing for you. The crosshairs are just as accurate, and most of the time you're going to be putting up so much lead that precision isn't particularly relevant.
I could swear that the Pistol loses accuracy if you don't iron-sight it. The machine gun doesn't lose accuracy though. It IS worth noting that it zooms slightly when you iron-sight though, so even though you don't gain accuracy, there have been a number of times I used it to get a better view when shooting at a distance.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
WhiteTigerShiro said:
I could swear that the Pistol loses accuracy if you don't iron-sight it. The machine gun doesn't lose accuracy though. It IS worth noting that it zooms slightly when you iron-sight though, so even though you don't gain accuracy, there have been a number of times I used it to get a better view when shooting at a distance.
Honestly, it's a Serious Sam game...I doubt you need to do much shooting from a distance aside from, say, when it's forced upon you like in The Second Encounter when you get the Raptor sniper rifle...

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Valiance said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Honestly, it's a Serious Sam game...I doubt you need to do much shooting from a distance aside from, say, when it's forced upon you like in The Second Encounter when you get the Raptor sniper rifle...
"Distance" is a purely relative term. You seem to think that I'm specifically referring to massive distances, but I'm more just taking about moderate ranges. Not so long that I'd need a sniper scope, but long enough that the slight zoom is nice.