Former president trump indicted.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
This is where Bragg’s indictment has done a disservice to the public and to Trump himself. Beyond a general reference to a violation of “election laws” and a passing reference to taxes, the indictment and statement of facts do not specify what “other crimes” Trump allegedly intended to commit."

I'd like an actual statute enumerated so as not to prejudice Trump in his ability to defend himself. It is typical in an answer to a complaint that you provide such information.
I have some sympathy with this view, as the law should be transparent. Bragg does not need to state what those other crimes are and may have left it deliberately unstated as it leaves multiple options open - the three suggested different crimes offer him three bites at the cherry, and for all we know something else might turn up. However, it also risks looking like a fishing expedition. Or perhaps more of a fishing expedition than it already does, given the untested nature of the law.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Are Trump and Alex Jones sharing lawyers by any chance?
So the argument is "People are saying mean things about Trump on the Internet thus he can't get a fair trial"?

That's a take, for sure. It's an incredibly stupid take and I look forward to LegalEagle talking about it in a week or so.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
So the argument is "People are saying mean things about Trump on the Internet thus he can't get a fair trial"?

That's a take, for sure. It's an incredibly stupid take and I look forward to LegalEagle talking about it in a week or so.
OMG! People have opinions about alleged crimes? Who'd have thought!

Reactions: BrawlMan