Former Rooster Teeth Achievement Hunters Contributor Found Dead

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Former Rooster Teeth Achievement Hunters Contributor Found Dead

David Dreger, aka Knuckles Dawson, missing since May 26th, has been found.

The body of David Dreger, also known as Knuckles Dawson of Rooster Teeth's Achievement Hunters, has been discovered in Ambleside Park, West Vancouver. He had been missing since May 26th, and though his bike and helmet were discovered in Stanley Park shortly after he was reported missing, Dreger himself was not found until now.

"We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their prayers, support and compassion," says the Dreger family [https://www.facebook.com/groups/316816225116758/] in a post on David's Facebook page. "David was an exceptional, bright, caring and loving young man. We consider ourselves blessed to have had him in our lives, and are comforted knowing that he is now embraced in the arms of our Lord."

Dreger was 28 years old. The cause of death has not yet been released by the West Vancouver Police Department. Though not confirmed, it is possible that the body found in the water, reported by North Shore News [http://www.nsnews.com/news/Body+found+floating+Dundarave+suspicious/8558030/story.html#ixzz2WyXtlppO], was that of Drager.

Source: Polygon [http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/21/4454008/david-knuckles-dawson-dreger-body-found]

Araksardet

Jun 5, 2011
I only just moved to Vancouver, and saw several posters up concerning him. This is really sad.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Desert Punk said:
Shame he has been found dead.

Though for full disclosure, I was worried it might have been someone involved with Red Vs Blue and this is a bit of a relief that it wasnt.
The video content must flow!!!

RIP dude, let's hope this was all a tragic accident and there was no malice behind this all.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I didn't really watch much of anything Rooster Teeth but I have watched a bit of Achievement Hunters in the past. This is quite sad and I hope he rests in peace

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
I hate to be that pedantic asshole, but there's no S in Achievement Hunter.

That aside, this really is sad. It does prove the strength of the Rooster Teeth community compared to many others, though; when he first went missing, they got everyone they could to help search for him. It was one heck of a rally for someone that many RT community members didn't even know, but most helped anyway however they could.

He will be missed.

P.S. Thanks

Hazzard

Jan 25, 2012
Something that's not clear from the article to me is that last paragraph. Is it saying they aren't certain if it is him? Because if it's not him, that could be even worse.

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Hazzard said:
Something that's not clear from the article to me is that last paragraph. Is it saying they aren't certain if it is him? Because if it's not him, that could be even worse.
Drager is definitely dead. The only question is how he died, and at time of writing that hadn't been officially confirmed.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I don't quite remember him from Achievement Hunter(although I haven't watched much), but that is a real shame to hear that happen regardless. Everyone at Rooster Teeth and AH seem like really great people, it's sad to think they lost a friend like that, especially with all the unknowns surrounding his death like that.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
Hazzard said:
I can't really read this post too seriously because I saw your icon.

OT: RIP Drager

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
That's dreadful. I used to frequent RoosterTeeth and watched a couple of AH videos. I only vaguely know his name, but it's really sad all the same.
May he rest in peace.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
That's tragic. I used to watch Knuckle's videos all the time on Roosterteeth. I always wondered what had happened and this is just saddening. I give condolences to his family.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Condolonces to his family. I hope he at least passed away peacefully and not in pain.

Reeve

Feb 8, 2013
This was his panel at the Vancouver Gaming Expo in 2012.

Horrifying and disturbing to consider that he died only a few months after this. :(

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Araksardet said:
I only just moved to Vancouver, and saw several posters up concerning him. This is really sad.
Apparently he went missing on May 26th when they found his bicycle and helmet. That's what Burnie wrote when he wrote the news story about his body being found. It's on RT's homepage right now.