Forum Upgrades

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Nasrin said:
Ed130 said:
My only issue is the report button.

I know I'm eventually going to hit it accidently instead of the quote button beside it.

Apart form that it looks good.
That's fine. Every post is looked at, so accidentally reported posts will simply be dismissed.
How many 'false positives' do you get anyway? I've already sent one today instead of making a quote.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
FalloutJack said:
CJ1145 said:
They are getting worse every time!

Please, Escapist! Please just stop.

This feels like it was designed at the turn of the century.
I cannot hit that toggle fast enough.

Did Ray Charles help or was it Stevie Wonder?
If you would care to voice constructive criticism, that might help us better understand why you don't appreciate the change. But there's no need to be a jerk.
Remember Lisa Foiles? "Constructive Criticism" is a lost art.

OT: I got used to them quickly, and now prefer them for some reason.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
lacktheknack said:
Susan Arendt said:
FalloutJack said:
CJ1145 said:

If you would care to voice constructive criticism, that might help us better understand why you don't appreciate the change. But there's no need to be a jerk.

Actually, most folks are perfectly capable of explaining what they don't like in a calm and civil way - they're the people we listen to when considering potential changes.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
The only issue I have is the colour of the bars between posts. The grey just does't work for me.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
lacktheknack said:
Susan Arendt said:
FalloutJack said:
CJ1145 said:

Actually, most folks are perfectly capable of explaining what they don't like in a calm and civil way - they're the people we listen to when considering potential changes.
I just read six or seven snarky posts before replying to you, coloring my ideas of how people were responding.

Please ignore me. :p

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Ed130 said:
Nasrin said:
Ed130 said:
My only issue is the report button.

I know I'm eventually going to hit it accidently instead of the quote button beside it.

Apart form that it looks good.
That's fine. Every post is looked at, so accidentally reported posts will simply be dismissed.
How many 'false positives' do you get anyway? I've already sent one today instead of making a quote.
A lot more than one would expect. We clear them out pretty regularly.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
TimeLord said:
Shiny update is shiny. By the looks of the comments already in this thread I'd say the ability to alter the colour of the post header bit where the username and post time/dates are would be a cool addition but everything is beautiful as it is already so colour options are a secondary thing for me.

Daystar Clarion said:
What?

Oh, the 'new forum' update?

*Yawn*

Us elite Pub Club members have had it for a while now.

So last week.
Some of us have been test driving it for even longer ;)
You mods and your perks.

[sub]One day, I will have such power.[/sub]

[sub][sub]One day...[/sub][/sub]

NO DAYSTAR! You would go mad with powah!

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Not enjoying the changes Escapist. There was precisely nothing wrong with the former style. Adjusting to the new quote button position is going to be tedious and as mentioned earlier, having the report button a few pixels away is going to bite you in the arse. The whole site now just looks bloated in my opinion. The front page header is also, horribly bloated. Trim the fat people!

I understand I can change a few settings so I'll look into that but there is one thing that is really bugging me.

Please for the love of all that is good and holy CAN YOU PLEASE SORT OUT THE BANNER ADVERTS ON EITHER SIDE OF THE BOARD. THEY ARE EATING UP THE SCREEN AND MAKING BROWSING THREAD PAGES ON BOTH DESKTOP AND MOBILE IMPOSSIBRU!!

Sorry to be obnoxious but I've complained about this problem for around a month with no success or response. If you can't fix it, I'm just going to have to find somewhere else to post because this site is currently BROKEN. Adverts, even the obnoxiously obtrusive ones are bad but when they actually impede my ability to read and use the website, something has gone horribad. It basically chops off the board on the right hand side making the page number and quote buttons disappear. On my mobile, where I do 75% or more of my browsing and posting, this problem actually prevents me from using the site. And this upsets me :(

Help me escapist staff, you're my only hope.

Dec 14, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
Daystar Clarion said:
TimeLord said:
Shiny update is shiny. By the looks of the comments already in this thread I'd say the ability to alter the colour of the post header bit where the username and post time/dates are would be a cool addition but everything is beautiful as it is already so colour options are a secondary thing for me.

Daystar Clarion said:
What?

*Yawn*

So last week.
You mods and your perks.

I can control it!

Think of the good I could do!

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I don't like the mustard yellow "new!" notifications on the ends of thread names. I don't think it fits the colour scheme at all. It would be much nicer if it went back to red, or any other colour really.

Please?

Oh, the report button doesn't seemed ideally placed either, but as long as you guys are prepared for an increase of accidental reports I guess that's your decision.

Edit: I just realised my post is terribly negative. I think it looks quite good.

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Raven said:
Please for the love of all that is good and holy CAN YOU PLEASE SORT OUT THE BANNER ADVERTS ON EITHER SIDE OF THE BOARD. THEY ARE EATING UP THE SCREEN AND MAKING BROWSING THREAD PAGES ON BOTH DESKTOP AND MOBILE IMPOSSIBRU!!

Sorry to be obnoxious but I've complained about this problem for around a month with no success or response. If you can't fix it, I'm just going to have to find somewhere else to post because this site is currently BROKEN. Adverts, even the obnoxiously obtrusive ones are bad but when they actually impede my ability to read and use the website, something has gone horribad. It basically chops off the board on the right hand side making the page number and quote buttons disappear. On my mobile, where I do 75% or more of my browsing and posting, this problem actually prevents me from using the site. And this upsets me :(

Help me escapist staff, you're my only hope.
contact us about ads that are bothering you. We'll be happy to look into it

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
Finally, FINALLY I can read the text across the screen without being all the way zoomed in or out! I weep tears!

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
I don't like the position of the quote button. It makes way more sense to have it below a post, because you've just finished reading it.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I'm not the biggest fan of the new look, but it IS making it load much, much faster for me. So that's a plus, if nothing else. Plus I guess minimalist design is better than anything too cluttered.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Evil Smurf said:
Daystar Clarion said:
TimeLord said:

Daystar Clarion said:
What?

*Yawn*

So last week.
You mods and your perks.

I can control it!

Think of the good I could do!
My father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force, don't to the same! (unless you have a hot twin with a gold bikini)

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
It looks fresh! Though I'd like more bar colours available, if that is possible.
Like escapist blue.