Forza Motorsport 6 Details Leaked by Xbox Japan

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Forza Motorsport 6 Details Leaked by Xbox Japan

It has been reported that Xbox Japan accidentally leaked information for Forza Motorsport 6 prior to E3 Conference.

According to reports from page in question [http://www.icxm.net/x/Forza-Motorsport-6-Features.html] was pulled, Japan's official Xbox website revealed that Forza Motorsport 6 will feature over 450 cars, 26 "world famous tracks," will run at 60FPS in 1080p, and will include night racing, split screen, 24 player races, 3D puddles, and the return of Drivatars. Xbox Japan also confirmed Rio and Daytona as tracks for the game. Three leaked images included a showcase of the game's weather effects and nighttime driving.

We have already seen Microsoft E3 reveals leaked, with Amazon listing a new model of the Xbox One with a 1TB hard drive [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141047-Amazon-Listing-Reveals-Plans-For-1TB-Xbox-One] last week. With Microsoft's E3 presentation just days away, there appears to be a strong possibility fans will get a release date for Turn 10 Studio's upcoming title.

Microsoft's E3 2015 press conference will take place on Monday, June 15 at 9:30am PT.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Everything is so leaky on the interwebs. Makes you wonder why they bother hiding anything at all. If this was a ship or a fish tank, it would be dead! Or sunk. Or...whatever, it doesn't matter. The point still stands. Maybe it was the point that started the leak-holes. Oops, I really should stop making points all the time. Sorry guys! All the points...they're gone now. No points for anyone. Now all we need is a new internet...

Anymoo, Forza does it best. Kinda makes me wish I didn't get a Ps4. But racing games are all raced out for me. Too much racing done already. Although if they added some of my furry forest companions to the mix...maybe i'll bite.

Edit: 3D puddles, hah! Not sure why that feature is so funny to hear, but it is.

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
halobolola said:
Hopefully it will be on PC...it wont, but I can hope :)
It won't it's made to sell One's. Same reason you'll never see Halo, Gears, Fable etc on the PC.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Xsjadoblayde said:
Edit: 3D puddles, hah! Not sure why that feature is so funny to hear, but it is.
When i read that it conjured up an image of a puddle getting fed up with dozens of vehicles running through it and rising up to form a surprisingly solid wall on the last lap of the race.

Would be an interesting feature, and one utterly alien to the realism-focused Forza series.

Though, considering its the japanese site, its probably a mistranslation and what it actually is is dynamic puddles.

Jiggle Counter

Sep 18, 2014
Every single Forza after Forza 1 is STILL missing one of my favourite features that was only present in Forza 1, the ability to race your own cars.

I remember you could tune up a fleet of your own cars, throw AI drivers into the seats, and race against them.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
Long post incoming. And a pre-amble: I am a giant Forza fan. I've had every game since Forza 2 and I played the hell out of all of them. That said:

I am disappointed that the Drivatars are back. They make me feel like I'm constantly playing multiplayer and I don't want that. I want simulation driving. I want to feel like I'm driving with professional drivers.

But the real hope is that the micro-transactions are diminished. Paying to level up faster? C'mon, guys, this isn't Farmville. It felt like Fiveza is constantly trying to take my money.

I also hope they work on some interface issues. Fiveza felt less upgrade and fine-tune friendly. For instance, in previous games, I could tune my car before a race started so I could adjust based on what track I was on. Say I was driving on a speedway: you bet I'm going to switch up my gears to slow down acceleration, but up my top speed, and of course I'll over-inflate my tires, and so on. But in Forza 5, tuning was buried under menus in the upgrade section. And then there was something about the presentation that tried way too hard to make upgrades automatic. I want to do it myself. I tend to value tunable parts a lot more than the auto-upgrader does.

And finally, I'm really hoping they'll make cars easier to acquire. Some of the more valuable cars are millions of in-game credits, which can really take a while to acquire. Or you can just pay real money and buy the valuable cars. In Forza 4, you got a new car every time you leveled. Most of the time, you wouldn't even use the cars you were given, but at least you had more opportunity to branch out. If they won't bring back free cars, I hope they'll at least increase the payouts in races.

But one thing I did like was changing the threshold for getting top prize. You could first, second, or third to win gold and the top amount of credits. Now, this sounds dumb at first, but it does a good job of getting people to branch out and experiment with the difficulty/assists. You're more willing to increase the difficulty to give yourself a closer race.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Im still heavily enjoying Forza Horizon 2 (prefer the arcade racing feel) but I always have to dip into each Forza core title when they come out, its always such a lovely experience.

I'm more pumped for news on the next Need for Speed though.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
gigastar said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
When i read that it conjured up an image of a puddle getting fed up with dozens of vehicles running through it and rising up to form a surprisingly solid wall on the last lap of the race.

Would be an interesting feature, and one utterly alien to the realism-focused Forza series.

Though, considering its the japanese site, its probably a mistranslation and what it actually is is dynamic puddles.
Dynamic puddles hellbent on revenge, no doubt! By jove, if they start co-operating with each other, we are all doomed. Can a puddle sit on your face while you're asleep and drown you? You're damn right it can. Can a puddle communicate with your pee to lay all over your freshly ironed work clothes? Oh treacherous urine soaked lord, of course it can!

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
My Forza 3 disc got scratched up a few years ago and I keep intended to go purchase a replacement at some point. Am I really this far behind on Forza? See, this is why I don't buy the new one because there's always another "better" one coming.