Four Game Websites Hire Hammersuit

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Four Game Websites Hire Hammersuit

Gaming media consultant Hammersuit has gathered four more online clients.

Popular gaming website Destructoid, GoNintendo, Gamersyde and Modojo have all partnered with Hammersuit LLC, a business development consultant company specializing in the videogame industry. Hammersuit provides advertising sales, consulting, sponsorships and other services to its clients so that they can focus on their editorial content.

"Hammersuit has played a vital role in Destructoid's growth," said Yanier Gonzalez, founder of Destructoid and Vice President of ModernMethod, its parent company. "From day one, we've had access to better sponsors and solid consulting advice - because they've been there and done that. I would recommend Hammersuit to anyone trying to carve out a name in the gaming space."

"We're welcoming Destructoid, GoNintendo, Gamersyde, and Modojo to the Hammersuit network because they are admired, dynamic web destinations for gamers," explained Jill Keil, CEO of Hammersuit. "They provide high-quality coverage of the gaming industry and have built vibrant, thriving communities in a way few other sites have been able to accomplish."

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Interesting how The Escapist features this.

Now, I run my own blogging network. We include The Escapist forum's own affiliate; The Escapist, along with The Three Rs.co.uk and related franchises. Similar to this, The Escapist are part of WarCry so I guess we're both in the same boat in the way we're both part of large but separate independent networks. You guys know as well as I do how difficult it is to gain advertising sources at a price which is viable nowadays. Publications that get less than 5,000 readers a month receieve thousands upon thousands of pounds in advertising sales; but sites like ours (albeit WarCry receives ten times my own views) see that sort of money once in a full moon. Its unfair, but that's what we get for penetrating an already well-liquidised niche on the Internet. Consulting firms like Hammersuit are becoming more and more popular nowadays, as some people find their 'professional' tactics useful, especially if they have no experience (or manpower) in marketing to begin with. However, networks like WarCry or even my own may prefer to do things their own way; magazine style. Sure, it costs a lot of money and time, but in comparison to the costs these other consultants put out; its worth it in our field, I think.