Fourth Playable Character Confirmed for Resident Evil 6

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Fourth Playable Character Confirmed for Resident Evil 6

A fan favorite antihero returns; but whose side is she on?

There's new gameplay footage out for one of the more notorious Resident Evil 6 characters, confirming that Ada Wong - antihero agent first introduced in Resident Evil 2 - is playable. To get to her campaign players will need to complete Leon, Chris and Jake's stories first but, once you do, her missions will answer some questions raised in the previous chapters.

"One of the themes of Ada's story is 'a lone spy working in secret," said producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, and that means Ada will be working from the shadows in a slightly more stealth-and-tactics focused version of the game. Though she does pick up partners along the way, Hirabayashi hints that "depending on how you look at it, Ada may just be using them." Ada has her own objectives, and if she has to use partners to get them done, that's fine by her.

There are also vague hints of a PvP mode in addition to the player-controlled zombies [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118832-Resident-Evil-6-Offers-Player-Controlled-Zombies] mentioned previously, but no PvP details as yet. Resident Evil 6 is scheduled for an October 2012 release for PS3 and Xbox, later for PC. A playable demo is supposed to be released for Xbox and PS3 in early September.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/resident-evil/]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I haven't played much Resident Evil, but can someone tell me why Jill isn't one of the four playable characters? Isn't she a franchise mainstay and a fan favorite?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Cool finally a female character in Resi 6. (Edited for those with sensitive feelings)

I take issue with shooting locks off. There should be a gem on the other side of the forest cemetery! Umbrella security is getting much less creative.

Fappy said:
I haven't played much Resident Evil, but can someone tell me why Jill isn't one of the four playable characters? Isn't she a franchise mainstay and a fan favorite?
I would have liked Claire tbh. It annoys me that you have to play through as the guys to access the female protag :(

ED-Tw0 ZeRo N9nE

Jan 12, 2012
Can anyone honestly say that they did not see this coming from a mile away? It's hilarious how Capcom seems to be treating this like it was a well kept secret. This company has no sense of subtlety. Talk about insulting to our intelligence, take note everyone, this is how Capcom views their audience. We're all a bunch of drooling brain dead morons in their eyes.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Karloff said:
There are also vague hints of a PvP mode in addition to the player-controlled zombies [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118832-Resident-Evil-6-Offers-Player-Controlled-Zombies] mentioned previously, but no PvP details as yet. Resident Evil 6 is scheduled for an October 2012 release for PS3 and Xbox, later for PC. A playable demo is supposed to be released for Xbox and PS3 in early September.
Knowing Capcom that is probably going to be DLC(Disk Locked Content) in the way they did it for Street Fighter X Tekken. Give you a few things but then to get better characters you have to "download" them when they decide to release them

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Oh my god! They moved while aiming! Can... Can they do that? I had no idea they could get away with that!
I mean, Photographers and Stunt Bikers, that makes sense. But combat trained operatives? My suspension of disbelief is just completely shattered!

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
cursedseishi said:
Doc Slingblade said:
Can anyone honestly say that they did not see this coming from a mile away? It's hilarious how Capcom seems to be treating this like it was a well kept secret. This company has no sense of subtlety. Talk about insulting to our intelligence, take note everyone, this is how Capcom views their audience. We're all a bunch of drooling brain dead morons in their eyes.
I agree for the most part.

I mean really? That all sounds practically word-for-word the Ada missions in Resident Evil 4. And using "Ada" as a secret fourth is honestly one thing any halfway sentient piece of crap could of told us.

Why not Jill? Or would they rather prefer to just ignore Blond-Jill for the moment? Or hey, why not Claire Redfield? Its been a while for her! Heck, I'm sure plenty of people wouldn't mind playing as Hunk or Tofu again!
Dude, if there is a Tofu mode I am going to be f*cking ecstatic.

As it stands, Jill was the main character in Revelations so I think she's sitting RE6 out. I agree Claire would've fit in well though.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
ok, good to see ada again and that she is playable but still not convinced to the game. and what a surprise, tide pants and view down her jacket. isnt this what we all want for female characters?? *rolleyes and facepalm*.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
At this point, I'm just going to pretend that Rebecca Chambers never escaped the Spencer Mansion to begin with.

According to Capcom, she either died or they completely forgot she existed.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
I'll be honest, I was kinda of holding my hopes that Rebecca would come back. But I digress, Ada was the obvious choice I suppose.

The new CGI movie seems relevant, so perhaps that could lend some insight on Claire.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
And for the low, low price of $20, you too can have the 100kb file necessary to play this. In January.

No, I'm not going to stop making Capcom DLC jokes. Not until they stop sucking.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
I'm looking forward to this, sure but I really, really hope we don't have Chris and Leon in the next installment. I blame Chris and his sudden addiction to 'roids. That and the fact that I personally didn't enjoy RE4 (purely Ashley's fault, I know. I'm so unfair).

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Baron von Blitztank said:
Oh my god! They moved while aiming! Can... Can they do that? I had no idea they could get away with that!
I mean, Photographers and Stunt Bikers, that makes sense. But combat trained operatives? My suspension of disbelief is just completely shattered!
Funny thing; I was talking to my friend today about that. They make it sound like it should be the one reason for you to get the game. "Never mind everything else about the game! Now you can shot...WHILE YOU AIM! WOWZERZZZZ!"
To his defense, he said he was fine with the "can't move and aim" mode because it added to the suspense of the series. Good point but I still disagree. Either way, i'll probably get it as long as its better than Resi 5. *Shudders*

OT: Yeah, it wasn't much of a secret, especially if Leon was involved. I mean, if someone hasn't figured it out by now, just look at this is way: Ada is Leon's stalker. So there.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I would have loved to have seen Rebecca Chambers. She's by far my favorite character, followed by Leon.

On the other hand, I'm glad they didn't ruin Rebecca's name by putting her in this shitty pseudo-horror game.

Rebecca belongs in a real horror game.

Also, when did Ada stop being an attractive Asian woman and became an ugly Caucasian woman?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
anthony87 said:
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Cool finally a female character.

I take issue with shooting locks off. There should be a gem on the other side of the forest cemetery! Umbrella security is getting much less creative.

Fappy said:
I would have liked Claire tbh. It annoys me that you have to play through as the guys to access the female protag :(

No.

Piss off.

Don't. Don't do that. Don't try and bring some gender bullshit into Resident Evil. Please. It's about zombies. mutants, Wesker, plagas, biological weapons etc. Seriously, it sounds like you're trying to make some bollox issue where there is none at all.
Really? "Finally a female character"? Sheva in Resi 5? Jill in Resi 1, 3 and 5? Claire in Resi 1? Ashley in Resi 4? Rebecca in Resi Zero? Even Sherry, the little girl from Resi 2 who's coming back for Resi 6? Never mind the fact that Ada Wong had TWO scenarios in Resi 4 in which she was the main character. Clearly you know what you're talking about.(MASSIVE SARCASM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Please, don't be trying to stir up shit where there is no shit to stired in the first place.
I'm not...it would just be nice to have been able to play the woman from the start that's all. Sorry if I touched a nerve.

I have played Resident Evil from the beginning hence my joke about the gem... I was talking about Resident Evil 6 and that I was keeping an eye on it's development and I was surprised at no female character because the others had some. I even mention Claire in my post. Take a chill pill. Talk about knee jerk reaction.

I could probably draw the mansion from the first one from memory I played it so much and I accessed TOFU in Resi 2....I can write out the entire plot of the games right now if you want. Maybe you shouldn't make wild assumptions about people.

Claire was in Resi 2 and Code: Veronica btw.

Beautiful End said:
But can you move and reload? That's the hot button question!