Fox News Attacks Environmentally Conscious Games

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
I seriously couldn't believe they could do something like this. I mean, how would they attack a game like that, with what arguments? And then I realized that they don't really need any good arguments, because, hey, it's Fox News. You know they've crossed the line when even non-Americans already know how retarded they are.

I especially love how they called a random guy to discuss this with, instead of, you know, calling someone who might defend games and have a decent debate. They said so much idiotic things that I don't know which one to address, but my favourite has to be the one when they state that "parents don't know what those games are about and their kids still play them". Well, that's the fucking problem, isn't it? When you don't communicate with your kids and you don't even attempt to raise them. If you don't know what are the games your kid plays about, you're officially a shit parent, and the same can be applied to movies, books, TV shows and so on. It' easier to blame stuff like games than to actually raise children and think about maybe, just maybe, blaming yourself.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
not only are they picking on games for no reason, not only are they condemning an enviromentally friendly message but theyre are also condemning it for having a liberal message, they are actually attacking it because it carries a different political message, thats them almost trying to get rid of free speach

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
Here's the problem. These people think everything is a political issue. To be honest, I don't see how the environment is a political issue. Why is there any debate!? We need to protect the environment. That's not a question, that's a declarative statement. Not to protect the planet, but to protect us. It's just a distraction issue, and a vibrant display of what I think I'll call goal-based arguing. Where you debate with someone with an agenda in mind, and will lie to support it.

I am with conservatives on a lot of things...but this isn't one of them.

Hexador

Dec 28, 2007
TheRightToArmBears said:
Fox says something stupid, no one surprised.

We could just do away with these articles and just show 'FOX IS FUCKING STUPID' every now and again, it would save a lot of effort that, frankly, Fox isn't worth.
But then the guy pitching the stories about how stupid something Fox did recently would be in trouble. =(.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
God forbid kids should be 'exposed' to a liberal attitude.
I mean really? Really?

Is anyone surprised by this any more? I think we should just stop reporting, they're clearly only doing it for the coverage. Even including the link so that we can all watch it and be outraged just puts the hits up, which is exactly what they want.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Hexador said:
TheRightToArmBears said:
Fox says something stupid, no one surprised.

We could just do away with these articles and just show 'FOX IS FUCKING STUPID' every now and again, it would save a lot of effort that, frankly, Fox isn't worth.
But then the guy pitching the stories about how stupid something Fox did recently would be in trouble. =(.
I could do it myself, if no one else would.

Meoith

Jun 18, 2010
Fox News is so corrupt by big money its not funny, they are nothing but a propaganda outfit, its not at all surprising to see them going after these games.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
How can you even argue this kind of thing? There is literally no argument here, it defies logic. Anyone who makes this type of story should be banned from all forms of journalism for life because this sort of misinformation spreading is as close to criminal as you can get.

Heeman89

Jul 20, 2009
I think I can see the "point" Fox News is trying to make here "keep your politics out of our videogames" which to a certain extent I can agree with

BUT

For a company that claims to be "Fair and Balanced" like usual their debates are very one sided, also there are other factors that come into play in regards to this issue (the age range the games our targeting, parental intervention, etc) Fox News again does the job of making themselves out as villain.

BlackWidower said:
Here's the problem. These people think everything is a political issue. To be honest, I don't see how the environment is a political issue. Why is there any debate!? We need to protect the environment. That's not a question, that's a declarative statement. Not to protect the planet, but to protect us. It's just a distraction issue, and a vibrant display of what I think I'll call goal-based arguing. Where you debate with someone with an agenda in mind, and will lie to support it.
See some people don't see things your way, some people don't see that as a statement. Some don't believe the environment is in any danger or trouble and some believe that people who claim that they are protecting the environment are not doing so for the sake of the environment they are doing so for the sake of their own wallets, purses, pocketbooks, etc. Now you can point to research and photos of areas that have been affected and say "There is your proof" and they will point to research and photos and say "Then how do you explain this?" As much as you think it is a statement it really still falls in the realm of one side vs another side.

Tuqui

Mar 2, 2011
teh_Canape said:
man they are stupider than argentinian national news networks

and they got fucking tricked into believing that Grogg is a real drink
Oh yes I remember that, the best part is when one of the people there said "isn't that dangerous" while other reporter was listing the ingredients.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
In a recent study, it has been proven that watching Fox News actually decreases your IQ :p
OT: The only agenda of actual environmentalists is to have a cleaner and better world, which gives a TON of advantages (healthier and longer lives, less hurricanes and other environmental disasters, less diseases a reduction in global warming, etc.)

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
OH NOES, LIBERALS? QUICK, EXTERMINATE THEM. IN THE NAME OF THE GLORIOUS FOX OVERLORD!

Shut up Dissolve your station.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
I guess the only game that these jack-offs would like is a game about Glenn Beck furiously masturbating himself raw in the faces of his supporters.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Just... really? REALLY?

Also, how can they even begin to THINK that Fate Of The World is for a 5 year old kid? I can barely figure it out, let alone a flipping 5 year old!

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Daveman said:
Fucking hell Fox News... you hate GTA because apparently kids will all become murderers and next you hate on the friendly games that encourage you to be nice?

BREAKING NEWS: Monopoly makes kids more ruthless property developers and Scrabble is un-American because "Quran" scores better than "Bible".
Damn you! Your text in bold made me laugh so hard that my stomach is hurting. You monster.

OT: Really FOX? Really? This is so sad and funny at the same time that I am not sure if I should laugh or cry...

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Well done you have finally done it fox news you have finally proved to every person on the planet that you do not have a leg to stand on when your talking about video games.As you do not know anything about the medium or it seems common sence in general.

Come on America why have you not dealt with this "news station" yet?. Do not make us fly the SAS in to take them out.