Fox News Investigates Toddlers Playing Videogames

viggih7

Mar 31, 2009
OMG!!!! that link to the Nubcast has the cutest girl talking about pylons, That put a smile on my face

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
waitwaitwait
a POSITIVE and RESEARCHED news report from FOX NEWS? WHAT WITCHERY IS THIS?!

ShadyNinja

Jan 17, 2012
So... uh are parents clueless?
Everything mentioned in this video is common knowledge and I don't need Fox News or a Doctor telling me how to raise a kid.
Do they think that everyone is stupid?

Of course playing in moderation is the key, and making sure you kid doesn't block out reality.
Doesn't this apply to EVERYTHING and not just videogames?

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
So that guy just told us everything we should already know?

My nearly 3yo enjoys playing EyePet with me, She makes suggestions to check it needs food and loves to give the Monkey a shower. She's also a fan of Sackboy and making his pod and pretty with stickers.

Nothing wrong with it, as long as you're still educating and stimulating your children with other activities, not to mention helping them burn off energy somewhere like the park, it's all good.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
so, FOX is now going to turn into the "the obvious of common knowledge" channel.

In all regards, I think that's a step up, now only a cutting pun that combines either "obvious" or "common knowledge" with FOX...

OT: moderation is indeed the key, as it is with a lot of things in life.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
ZeroMachine said:
A positive news report about video games from Fox?
I'm pretty sure Fox did not see that coming.
FamoFunk said:
So that guy just told us everything we should already know?
Welcome to Psychology =). Have a pleasant stay.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Well, it's good to know that Fox is actually beginning to take this "fair and balance debate" thing seriously. They're still a right-wing news channel and for that I still despise them, but a step in the right direction of journalistic intergrity is a good thing. (At least more than can be said about the internet community concerning this whole SOPA thing.)
Speaking of good journalism though, does nobody proofread articles anymore? The occasional typo I might be OK with, but these days I can't read a single article without coming across something awful concerning the writer's grammar.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
Well, I guess what is important is that video games (or TV or whatever) aren't used as a means to occupy the children's minds so the parents aren't "annoyed" by them.
Talking to the children a lot, playing together with them (especially the classic puzzle and memory training type games), going out with them and letting them make a lot of different experiences is still very important. Sure, making sure that the children get accustomed to video games, computers and the new media in general, is a great thing. But it certainly shouldn't be the major part of their activities.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Someone affiliated with Fox... said something sensible... about games...

My mind. You haz blown it.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
ZeroMachine said:

Good god, 2012 really is the end of the world o_O
That was, almost to the word, what I was going to say. When did Faux News learn about this thing the humans call "Truth"?
lets hope the truth spreads to the rest of fox, then we will fly our pigs to mars to find a cure to all diseases

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
ZeroMachine said:

Pretty much sums it up. About halfway through the video all I could think about was "this is actually non-witch hunt video game story from fucking Fox News."

Personal growth, Fox News. Nice job on this story; now let's have more of it.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
ZeroMachine said:

In defense to prevent the world's end, this was a local Fox Affiliate not Fox News.
Regardless, this was far more positive than I was expecting. Now I don't feel bad letting my nephew or my son watch me play or getting my 7 year old nephew into Portal.

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
Faux News giving a mostly positive outlook on videogame?! well that's a surprise

In all seriousness moderation is always the key to everything like Captain Obvious didn't tell us that already, but I doubt it that this will be followed by another positive news about us gamers and video games.

I just don't see it happening.

Next week probably the person who reported that piece will probably jobless.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
Akimoto said:
Welcome to Psychology =). Have a pleasant stay.
Kind of sounds offensive to psychologists, don't you think? Not to mention false.

evilneko said:
ZeroMachine said:

That was, almost to the word, what I was going to say. When did Faux News learn about this thing the humans call "Truth"?
It came from a Fox Affiliate, ie, a local news station, not from Fox Noise Channel.
Phew...for a moment there I thought the Mayans were right.
STOP READING MY MIND!

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Meh, I still think it's too young for a child to be playing games. Maybe I'm just a prude.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I took two things from this article:

1. Fox News showing restraint? o_O?
2. STARGIRL!!! Oh God, that video is adorable!

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Play Dead Space 2 and Duke Nukem Forever with your kids. Those are totally appropriate for the <2yrs demographic *nod*