FPS baddies

SplicedUp068

Jan 12, 2009
just a question, have you ever seen a first person shooter where the enemy's are not either aliens, terrorists, Nazis, or zombies?

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
well, what else is there to fight besides the big 4? Supersoldiers don't count.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Yes. It's a little game called Portal, you probably wouldn't have heard of it. But the baddies are robots.

And Far Cry 2. They're Freedom Fighters, not Terrorists.

Also Call of Duty 4, the baddies were Russian Nationalists and Middle Eastern Revolutionaries.

Oh, and there's Bioshock! The baddies are regular people, albeit mutated and mad.

To name but a few.

[small]I would go and say that the other Call of Duty pit you against German Soldiers and not Nazis but I'm too tired. Oh, and of course World at War is against the Japanese. Not to mention Team Fortress 2 which is against other cartoon blokes..[/small]

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
Ha... Co... Wa... Fall... Hal... amer... um... i guess... Killzone 2, Not aliens! Hunans in teir drug addicted most sad form!

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Yes. It's a little game called Portal, you probably wouldn't have heard of it. But the baddies are robots.

And Far Cry 2. They're Freedom Fighters, not Terrorists.

Also Call of Duty 4, the baddies were Russian Nationalists and Middle Eastern Revolutionaries.

Oh, and there's Bioshock! The baddies are regular people, albeit mutated and mad.

To name but a few.

[amll]I would go and say that the other Call of Duty pit you against German Soldiers and not Nazis but I'm too tired. Oh, and of course World at War is against the Vietnamese / Koreans - I haven't played it.[/small]
You must be tired. Missing tags, and World at War is against the Japanese and Germans. =]

phrawger

Mar 12, 2009
Battlefront and Battlefront 2. Droids, Rebels, Clones, Stormtroopers. The occasional alien, but mostly other humans or robots.

Professor M

Jul 31, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Technically they were Russian Ultranationalists, but I'll let this one slide... :]

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
Heretic. Man, that was fun. Four player co-op/deathmatch over daisy-chained serials, using HX8, back in the days when I'd already blown all my cash on a shiny bodged-together PC, so couldn't afford network cards.

Sweet memories.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Timesplitters 2 pesants, gangsters, cowboys, aztecs, mutants, robots, police need I go on?

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
WrongSprite said:
You must be tired. Missing tags, and World at War is against the Japanese and Germans. =]
Had a pretty shitty day too but I'm not gonna whine. Fixed it now anyway.
AsthmaticPsycho said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Technically they were Russian Ultranationalists, but I'll let this one slide... :]
Yes sir, won't happen again sir.