FPS quality last generation vs this generation

lesliewong545

New member
Apr 11, 2018
4
0
0
Use several hours of your spare time to acquire extra $1000 on your paypal account each week... Get more details on following site>>>

.......... http://Help80.com
 

B-Cell_v1legacy

New member
Feb 9, 2016
2,102
0
0
fix-the-spade said:
B-Cell said:
Battlefield is definition of generic and still exist,
Okie dokie, name me the other 64 player team based FPS with multi crew vehicles, destructible environments and full projectile physics.

Maybe you can lump in ARMA 3 with it, but that's a reach.

I think you're holding things to impossible standards there, a game not being your 'perfect' game doesn't invalidate it's own merits. Particularly in the case of Battlefield, nobody but DICE has ever had any success making a Battlefield type game (remember Section 8? What about Massive Action Game?), it has some superficial and thematic similarities to Call of Duty, but it's gameplay is unique and the reason why DICE keeps having success making them.

The same for Metro, they are linear stories that focus on pacing and atmosphere, which they do brilliantly. Open the world out and you risk losing that, which is my worry for Exodus. My worst case scenario is that it turns out to be the Metro Themed Ubisoft Game with a huge map of 'stuff' and very little actual content. Of course it could end up like the STALKER games, which I love dearly, but they are very messy games too, filled with bugs and pacing that can best be described and variable (yes Mr Trader I brought you FIFTY AK's to sell one at a time). I've heard them descibed as Elder Scrolls with guns and often that's quite close to the truth.

.
Battlefield is COD with 64 player, vehicles and large scale. thats it. nothing special. plus its SP campaign is even bad version of COD. there is no unique gameplay in battlefield. its rehash like COD.

and for Metro. developers have stated multiple time that Exodus is not Open world game. its still linear but have sandbox level design. think of it like Crysis 1. once you move forward, you cant go back return.

assassins creed and far cry really spoiled open world for people when they hear the word sandbox, they always get bad feeling.
 

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
4,789
1
0
Seth Carter said:
Chimpzy said:
Also left out the Portals, because I agree they are not really FPS per se.
They have a first-person viewpoint, and literally your only interaction with the world is shooting at it (with a gun even). Ticks all the boxes.
By those metrics light-gun shooters like Time Crisis and many space sims like Elite: Dangerous are also FPS. An argument could be made that they are, depending on how broad you define FPS, but most people would say they belong to separate genres despite sharing some characteristics.

Similarly, I don't consider Portal a FPS because, while it has many similarities, the core gameplay is not to shoot the crap out of enemies, something I think is essential for a FPS. There's the turrets, but in my opinion those are more a stage hazard, or better yet, one more piece of the puzzle you have to solve.
 

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
May 25, 2020
864
0
0
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Gender
Male
B-Cell said:
fix-the-spade said:
B-Cell said:
Battlefield is definition of generic and still exist,
Okie dokie, name me the other 64 player team based FPS with multi crew vehicles, destructible environments and full projectile physics.

Maybe you can lump in ARMA 3 with it, but that's a reach.

I think you're holding things to impossible standards there, a game not being your 'perfect' game doesn't invalidate it's own merits. Particularly in the case of Battlefield, nobody but DICE has ever had any success making a Battlefield type game (remember Section 8? What about Massive Action Game?), it has some superficial and thematic similarities to Call of Duty, but it's gameplay is unique and the reason why DICE keeps having success making them.

The same for Metro, they are linear stories that focus on pacing and atmosphere, which they do brilliantly. Open the world out and you risk losing that, which is my worry for Exodus. My worst case scenario is that it turns out to be the Metro Themed Ubisoft Game with a huge map of 'stuff' and very little actual content. Of course it could end up like the STALKER games, which I love dearly, but they are very messy games too, filled with bugs and pacing that can best be described and variable (yes Mr Trader I brought you FIFTY AK's to sell one at a time). I've heard them descibed as Elder Scrolls with guns and often that's quite close to the truth.

.
Battlefield is COD with 64 player, vehicles and large scale. thats it. nothing special. plus its SP campaign is even bad version of COD. there is no unique gameplay in battlefield. its rehash like COD.

and for Metro. developers have stated multiple time that Exodus is not Open world game. its still linear but have sandbox level design. think of it like Crysis 1. once you move forward, you cant go back return.

assassins creed and far cry really spoiled open world for people when they hear the word sandbox, they always get bad feeling.
Guys, stop replying to bcell, please. You won't get anywhere, we have a Discord with bcell in it and he literally said ''I'm always right''. All the things he said in this thread he also said in our Discord channel, all he will do is ignore you, repeat what he already said and like I said before, he thinks he's always right so there's no use in arguing with him.

He will never change his mind, he will never admit you're right, he's been doing this consistently for at least 10 years. Just a heads up.
 

B-Cell_v1legacy

New member
Feb 9, 2016
2,102
0
0
I don?t think I?ve ever heard it confirmed or not, but was B-Cell previously once known as...

Diesel?

Back in the earlier days of GT?
 

Zombie Proof

New member
Nov 28, 2015
359
0
0
hanselthecaretaker said:
I don?t think I?ve ever heard it confirmed or not, but was B-Cell previously once known as...

Diesel?

Back in the earlier days of GT?
He most definitely was. Admitted it himself hahahahah.

But now he not insult user and be respectful to everyone. That why Diesel get ban over an over but B Cell never get ban.
 

B-Cell_v1legacy

New member
Feb 9, 2016
2,102
0
0
hanselthecaretaker said:
I don?t think I?ve ever heard it confirmed or not, but was B-Cell previously once known as...

Diesel?

Back in the earlier days of GT?
Its a mid of 2018 and people still remember diesel? that was so GT general gaming 2010.

hahah good times. I was quite young at that time.
 

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
6,651
0
0
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Guys, stop replying to bcell, please. You won't get anywhere, we have a Discord with bcell in it and he literally said ''I'm always right''. All the things he said in this thread he also said in our Discord channel, all he will do is ignore you, repeat what he already said and like I said before, he thinks he's always right so there's no use in arguing with him.

He will never change his mind, he will never admit you're right, he's been doing this consistently for at least 10 years. Just a heads up.
Is he autistic? I don't mean it as an insult, I honestly wonder if he's on the spectrum and if that's why he's unable to grasp any viewpoint other than his own. And then there's his penchant for simplifying and generalizing things to a level of absurdity.
 

B-Cell_v1legacy

New member
Feb 9, 2016
2,102
0
0
ZombieProof said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
I don?t think I?ve ever heard it confirmed or not, but was B-Cell previously once known as...

Diesel?

Back in the earlier days of GT?
He most definitely was. Admitted it himself hahahahah.

But now he not insult user and be respectful to everyone. That why Diesel get ban over an over but B Cell never get ban.
Come on my friend. B-Cell respect everyone here, even if everyone have horrible taste.
 

Zombie Proof

New member
Nov 28, 2015
359
0
0
Adam Jensen said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Guys, stop replying to bcell, please. You won't get anywhere, we have a Discord with bcell in it and he literally said ''I'm always right''. All the things he said in this thread he also said in our Discord channel, all he will do is ignore you, repeat what he already said and like I said before, he thinks he's always right so there's no use in arguing with him.

He will never change his mind, he will never admit you're right, he's been doing this consistently for at least 10 years. Just a heads up.
Is he autistic? I don't mean it as an insult, I honestly wonder if he's on the spectrum and if that's why he's unable to grasp any viewpoint other than his own. And then there's his penchant for simplifying and generalizing things to a level of absurdity.
I can't honestly say but there is definitely a consistent lack of empathy, self awareness, and mental agility where he's concerned. I once chalked it up to the language barrier but his pathological consistency kind of shattered that theory hahahaha.
 

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
May 25, 2020
864
0
0
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Gender
Male
Adam Jensen said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Guys, stop replying to bcell, please. You won't get anywhere, we have a Discord with bcell in it and he literally said ''I'm always right''. All the things he said in this thread he also said in our Discord channel, all he will do is ignore you, repeat what he already said and like I said before, he thinks he's always right so there's no use in arguing with him.

He will never change his mind, he will never admit you're right, he's been doing this consistently for at least 10 years. Just a heads up.
Is he autistic? I don't mean it as an insult, I honestly wonder if he's on the spectrum and if that's why he's unable to grasp any viewpoint other than his own. And then there's his penchant for simplifying and generalizing things to a level of absurdity.
Very possible that he has something alright.
 

B-Cell_v1legacy

New member
Feb 9, 2016
2,102
0
0
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Adam Jensen said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Guys, stop replying to bcell, please. You won't get anywhere, we have a Discord with bcell in it and he literally said ''I'm always right''. All the things he said in this thread he also said in our Discord channel, all he will do is ignore you, repeat what he already said and like I said before, he thinks he's always right so there's no use in arguing with him.

He will never change his mind, he will never admit you're right, he's been doing this consistently for at least 10 years. Just a heads up.
Is he autistic? I don't mean it as an insult, I honestly wonder if he's on the spectrum and if that's why he's unable to grasp any viewpoint other than his own. And then there's his penchant for simplifying and generalizing things to a level of absurdity.
Very possible that he has something alright.
atleast i can handle other people opinion.
 

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
May 25, 2020
864
0
0
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Gender
Male
B-Cell said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Adam Jensen said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Guys, stop replying to bcell, please. You won't get anywhere, we have a Discord with bcell in it and he literally said ''I'm always right''. All the things he said in this thread he also said in our Discord channel, all he will do is ignore you, repeat what he already said and like I said before, he thinks he's always right so there's no use in arguing with him.

He will never change his mind, he will never admit you're right, he's been doing this consistently for at least 10 years. Just a heads up.
Is he autistic? I don't mean it as an insult, I honestly wonder if he's on the spectrum and if that's why he's unable to grasp any viewpoint other than his own. And then there's his penchant for simplifying and generalizing things to a level of absurdity.
Very possible that he has something alright.
atleast i can handle other people opinion.
No you can't, you disrespect and disregard other peoples opinions ALL THE TIME. Everyone tells you this yet you still think no one but you can ''handle other people opinion'' when in reality it's the other way around.
 

B-Cell_v1legacy

New member
Feb 9, 2016
2,102
0
0
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
B-Cell said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Adam Jensen said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Guys, stop replying to bcell, please. You won't get anywhere, we have a Discord with bcell in it and he literally said ''I'm always right''. All the things he said in this thread he also said in our Discord channel, all he will do is ignore you, repeat what he already said and like I said before, he thinks he's always right so there's no use in arguing with him.

He will never change his mind, he will never admit you're right, he's been doing this consistently for at least 10 years. Just a heads up.
Is he autistic? I don't mean it as an insult, I honestly wonder if he's on the spectrum and if that's why he's unable to grasp any viewpoint other than his own. And then there's his penchant for simplifying and generalizing things to a level of absurdity.
Very possible that he has something alright.
atleast i can handle other people opinion.
No you can't, you disrespect and disregard other peoples opinions ALL THE TIME. Everyone tells you this yet you still think no one but you can ''handle other people opinion'' when in reality it's the other way around.
whenever i mention something, or criticize something. you people just jump on me and insult me. it tell who handle opinion and who cant.
 

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
May 25, 2020
864
0
0
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Gender
Male
B-Cell said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
B-Cell said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Adam Jensen said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Guys, stop replying to bcell, please. You won't get anywhere, we have a Discord with bcell in it and he literally said ''I'm always right''. All the things he said in this thread he also said in our Discord channel, all he will do is ignore you, repeat what he already said and like I said before, he thinks he's always right so there's no use in arguing with him.

He will never change his mind, he will never admit you're right, he's been doing this consistently for at least 10 years. Just a heads up.
Is he autistic? I don't mean it as an insult, I honestly wonder if he's on the spectrum and if that's why he's unable to grasp any viewpoint other than his own. And then there's his penchant for simplifying and generalizing things to a level of absurdity.
Very possible that he has something alright.
atleast i can handle other people opinion.
No you can't, you disrespect and disregard other peoples opinions ALL THE TIME. Everyone tells you this yet you still think no one but you can ''handle other people opinion'' when in reality it's the other way around.
whenever i mention something, or criticize something. you people just jump on me and insult me. it tell who handle opinion and who cant.
You always criticize games, every day, when you don't you only talk about the 3 same games over and over again. Your reasons for disliking games are ridiculous which everyone can testify. Like I said before people insult you because you disrespect other peoples opinions all the time and you're extremely passive aggressive, saying ''I respect your opinion but you're a shitty casual'' isn't actually respecting someone's opinion.
 

Zombie Proof

New member
Nov 28, 2015
359
0
0
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
B-Cell said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
B-Cell said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Adam Jensen said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Guys, stop replying to bcell, please. You won't get anywhere, we have a Discord with bcell in it and he literally said ''I'm always right''. All the things he said in this thread he also said in our Discord channel, all he will do is ignore you, repeat what he already said and like I said before, he thinks he's always right so there's no use in arguing with him.

He will never change his mind, he will never admit you're right, he's been doing this consistently for at least 10 years. Just a heads up.
Is he autistic? I don't mean it as an insult, I honestly wonder if he's on the spectrum and if that's why he's unable to grasp any viewpoint other than his own. And then there's his penchant for simplifying and generalizing things to a level of absurdity.
Very possible that he has something alright.
atleast i can handle other people opinion.
No you can't, you disrespect and disregard other peoples opinions ALL THE TIME. Everyone tells you this yet you still think no one but you can ''handle other people opinion'' when in reality it's the other way around.
whenever i mention something, or criticize something. you people just jump on me and insult me. it tell who handle opinion and who cant.
You always criticize games, every day, when you don't you only talk about the 3 same games over and over again. Your reasons for disliking games are ridiculous which everyone can testify. Like I said before people insult you because you disrespect other peoples opinions all the time and you're extremely passive aggressive, saying ''I respect your opinion but you're a shitty casual'' isn't actually respecting someone's opinion.
He's goofy but I can't really be mad at him. With a guy this consistent we've only ourselves to blame when we get bent out of shape at him hahahahaha.
 

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
2,636
114
68
Chimpzy said:
Seth Carter said:
Chimpzy said:
Also left out the Portals, because I agree they are not really FPS per se.
They have a first-person viewpoint, and literally your only interaction with the world is shooting at it (with a gun even). Ticks all the boxes.
By those metrics light-gun shooters like Time Crisis and many space sims like Elite: Dangerous are also FPS. An argument could be made that they are, depending on how broad you define FPS, but most people would say they belong to separate genres despite sharing some characteristics.

Similarly, I don't consider Portal a FPS because, while it has many similarities, the core gameplay is not to shoot the crap out of enemies, something I think is essential for a FPS. There's the turrets, but in my opinion those are more a stage hazard, or better yet, one more piece of the puzzle you have to solve.
Oh I get the argument. I'm just always amused by the contrast (not that you're necessarily espousing it) of "FPS are all the same and this is horrible" vs "This has X, Y, or Z mechanic so its not an FPS, its an X/y/Z game instead".

I'm just saying, maybe if there was more then 1 or 2 axis (Relaity vs SciFi/Fantasy, and Precise Aim/vs Run and Gun) to adjust on without suddenly being "not an FPS", there'd be more differentiation in the genre offerings.

Its comparative to Fighting Games having almost entirely burrowed into the Street Fighter format. Smash Brothers is about as far as the fanbase seems to be willing to extend the idea (if that). Wrestling games, Absolver, For Honor, and whatall are pretty distinctly carrying the genre elements, but generally excluded.
 

Gethsemani_v1legacy

New member
Oct 1, 2009
2,552
0
0
That's enough of the personal attacks in this thread. Next person who does it gets a warning and this thread gets a lock on it.