France is having huge protests

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

Across France, millions hundreds of thousands of people are protesting in the streets against government restrictions.

Edit: Apparently the millions number is a very large exaggeration made on the part of the tweeter above.

Last edited:

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
I was about to say the first thing I learned about France in school back when was the French Revolution. Them folks really like to protest.
American Neoconservatives were right: the French really are revolting.

Reactions: Chimpzy and Hawki

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
That's a very anti-covid conspiracy pilled Twitter thread right there, and I see they bumped the numbers from hundreds thousands up to a million, which was also the number repeated in OP. This is the same tactics I see from the ppl in the UK too, they repeat the number "2 million" for every protest while using photos from past anti-brexit protests for their "brave" "articles" to fool their readers, when it's usually around the 2 hundred thousand mark instead. That's still a heck of a lot of people, so it seems unnecessary. Which to me shows a deep-seeded insecurity if numbers are that important they need to be inflated to the big Ms and repeated ad nauseam.
Got any conspiracy theories to share with us today Spector?

Reactions: BrawlMan and Agema

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
That's a very anti-covid conspiracy pilled Twitter thread right there, and I see they bumped the numbers from hundreds thousands up to a million, which was also the number repeated in OP.
Yes. Most agencies seem to be suggesting ~200,000 across France. Paris was measured at ~15,000, and if that's all the capital got, it's not likely there were millions countrywide.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Fuck 'em. Freedom to endanger other people's health doesn't exist. I'm with French government on this one and I don't mind it if they end up beating the shit out of those anti-vax protesters.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
That's a very anti-covid conspiracy pilled Twitter thread right there, and I see they bumped the numbers from hundreds thousands up to a million, which was also the number repeated in OP. This is the same tactics I see from the ppl in the UK too, they repeat the number "2 million" for every protest while using photos from past anti-brexit protests for their "brave" "articles" to fool their readers, when it's usually around the 2 hundred thousand mark instead. That's still a heck of a lot of people, so it seems unnecessary. Which to me shows a deep-seeded insecurity if numbers are that important they need to be inflated to the big Ms and repeated ad nauseam.
Got any conspiracy theories to share with us today Spector?
I really don't care about whether it's 2 hundred thousand or a million and have no real investment with this anyway, so I don't know why you're acting like this is a "gotcha". Saw news about this, saw a video of people marching down a street that looked like a shit ton of people and thought people here would be interested in it, but Twitter is dumb and links parent posts even when I just want one of the child posts. If the number isn't a million then ok, thanks for clarifying. People here can say it's stupid what they're doing or that it proves the "governments of the world are working together to start a new world order!" or whatever, that's up to you.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
I really don't care about whether it's 2 hundred thousand or a million and have no real investment with this anyway, so I don't know why you're acting like this is a "gotcha". Saw news about this, saw a video of people marching down a street that looked like a shit ton of people and thought people here would be interested in it, but Twitter is dumb and links parent posts even when I just want one of the child posts.
If this is your normal approach to consuming news, the question of how you arrived at your political opinions no longer needs to be answered.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
They've been protesting lots of things over the last years. This is almost certainly the dumbest of them, though.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
If this is your normal approach to consuming news, the question of how you arrived at your political opinions no longer needs to be answered.
I dunno what exactly you mean about this being an approach to consuming news, but it's better than basing ones world view on economics on a bum that never learned about the subject, could never manage his own finances, and never worked a day in his life but about half the users on this forum do that.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
The French will literally protest anything, even the more than reasonable solution out of this crisis.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
The French will literally protest anything, even the more than reasonable solution out of this crisis.
It's because they don't have air conditioning, and therefore have no reason to be indoors.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Across France, millions hundreds of thousands of people are protesting in the streets against government restrictions.

Edit: Apparently the millions number is a very large exaggeration made on the part of the tweeter above.
Weak fools and ingrates. Imbeciles. They get no sympathy from me.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Ok? Wooo... what a zinger. Trump! Haha... badum tish. Cause just saying Trump makes it funny guys!
No, the joke is that you thought you were criticising the left wingers here by referring to, I guess, Marx, but you actually described Trump (without all the sexual harassment stuff) but are, for reasons known, unable to see that's what you've done.

Reactions: Dalisclock