Freddy Krueger Revealed As Next Mortal Kombat Fighter

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Glad to know I WONT be buying every MK DLC like I previously thought.
This is actually even worse than Kratos.
I guess I must take solace in that I still enjoyed SC4 even though to date it has had the worst crossover characters...

feeback06

Sep 14, 2010
You know, I always thought that a horror character fighting game would be neat. I suppose this is a start.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
It's an odd combination, and $5 strikes me as very expensive for one character.

However, based on the popularity of the remake, it should be a popular download. (And may lead to a sequel).

moretwocents

Jan 20, 2011
I actually kind of like this. I mean yeah, at first it just seems like a joke, but the Fatalities really sold me. Most of the Fatalities are about decapitation in the new Mortal Kombat and it really kind of gets dull after a while. I was one that grew up watch characters get their bones sucked out of their bodies and get thrown into a million pieces only to be put back together. Krueger's Fatalities are really good in my opinion in that they focus on insane unrealistic deaths than just over-blown decapitation.

And no, I can't believe I just said I was bored with people being decapitated.

Rhymenoceros

Jul 8, 2009
Surely for this to work all the characters would have to be asleep as they fight him?
Good his opening graphic be him sending them to sleep? Would that work?

cornmancer

Dec 7, 2009
Before I was saying that I'll get this game when it's down to $15. Now it looks like a $18 purchase.

jhlip

Feb 17, 2011
I can fully understand why some people are upset that its not the original Freddy, but then I remember that this is in the game Mortal Kombat. This is the game where ninjas, robots, robotic ninjas, different worlds, G-ds, modern day police, cybernetic criminals and sorcerers all live at the same freaking time and place. Why would you want the original Freddy there if you respect him so much? Not that the game isn't respectable or anything, but it is still quite bat crap insane.

OP: I will say that I might actually consider downloading this just for the sake of watching Sub-Zero and Freddy beat each other to death.

Arkynomicon

Mar 25, 2011
I rather liked the movie even if it does not hold up to the original it is certainly better then some of the bad sequels like Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare. My favourite movie is the New Nightmare one, though.

This DLC will also be just in time for my birthday so I'm so gonna get it.

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
Baraka never should have bitched about the director of MK: Armageddon. Now they've gone and replaced him, just like Terrence Howard.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
ThatGuyWithTheShotty said:
Oh, and why is everyone whining about a 5 buck price tag? Wasn't the last DLC like 20 bucks and gave you 4 characters? Goddammit, do the math, 20 divided by 4 is... 5 dollars! Hooray, you graduated kindergarten!
Same reason I don't understand people buying the Halo DLC, then condemning CoD DLC for it's slightly higher price tag. Hello, you're actually paying MORE for Halo maps! 3 for 10 bucks is about 3.33 bucks a map, 5 for 15 bucks is 3 bucks a map!
I'm pretty sure the 4 characters were $6?

OP: It's silly that he would be placed in the game since he isn't a fighting character like kratos was... It just seems ridiculous to me.

Bluecho

Dec 30, 2010
Are you kidding me? Oh, of course not. Thing with Hollywood, and most companies now that I think of it, is that they seem to think they NEED to incorporate elements of the latest in addition to a series, even if the fans are collectively trying to forget it existed.

Take Kingdom Hearts 2. You're bopping along, when suddenly the Gullwings show up. You know, the female protagonists from FF X-2. They decided to include them in the game, despite most FF fans collectively determining that that installment was complete garbage. So now, I can't play KH2 without having to deal with those vapid airheads. As fairies.

Maybe Nightmare fans didn't want to have the latest version of Freddy in their game. Maybe they'd like Robert Englund to lend his likeness to the game. But then again, will we fans ever be happy with any concession? Probably not.

Dilapsor

Feb 24, 2010
This is a tragedy. This irritates me more than when those idiots behind Castlevania decided to go the "hollywood" route and base Dracula off that no-talent hack, Bela Lugosi. EVERYONE KNOWS MAX SCHRECK IS THE ONLY REAL LORD OF THE NIGHT. And don't even get me started on that Christopher Lee...

Seriously. The above statement is how we're all gonna sound in about 20 years. The Nightmare remake was no different than the countless Dracula, Wolfman, Mummy, and Frankenstein incarnations. Jason, Leatherface, Freddy, and Michael Meyers are basically our Universal Monsters, and I'm just happy to see the franchise continue rather than go the way of the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

SurrealFactory

Jun 17, 2011
I like this. Can't stand any multiplayer game that takes itself too seriously, and this shows that the MK team don't. You play games to have fun, and uh...why did we put a horror villain in a fighting game? Because we CAN.

(Part of the reason I love TF2. Cow Mangler 5000 anyone?)