Free-ish Game

flakemunchar

Aug 1, 2010
So, I got a couple of games to trade in, and they'll pretty much amount to the price of a retail game. So what do I get?

I'm a PS3 owner and my collection (excluding the games I trade in) includes Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls and UFC Undisputed 2010. I'm looking for something I can just pop in and have some fun with, maybe a game with strong multiplayer or a sandbox (been looking at Bioshock 2 and Just Cause 2 respectively).

(I'm looking for something "fresh", so here's a list of what I've already played:
-Saints Row 2
-MW2
-Bad Company 2
-MGS4
-inFamous
-Fallout 3
-RDR
-LBP

I might be forgetting something).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
When I think of "just pop in and have some fun", I automatically think of Left4Dead2. Its multiplayer is strong, but it's a different cup of tea from the other FPS's you've mentioned so far. Play it anyways; it's definitely "fresh".

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
GTA IV and the Episodes are both really solid titles with strong multiplayer and a sandbox environment. It's pretty much a love it or hate it thing, but give them a go if you haven't already and see if they appeal to you.

flakemunchar

Aug 1, 2010
TiefBlau said:
When I think of "just pop in and have some fun", I automatically think of Left4Dead2. Its multiplayer is strong, but it's a different cup of tea from the other FPS's you've mentioned so far. Play it anyways; it's definitely "fresh".
Unfortunately I cant' play L4D2. I'm a PS3 owner/Mac user.

flakemunchar

Aug 1, 2010
Tourette said:
Red Dead Redemption perhaps
I've already played. While it's an awesome game, it was a bit too serious for my taste. I'm for in the mood for something like Prototype or Just Cause 2 when it comes to sandboxes.

flakemunchar

Aug 1, 2010
Hazy said:
GTA IV and the Episodes are both really solid titles with strong multiplayer and a sandbox environment. It's pretty much a love it or hate it thing, but give them a go if you haven't already and see if they appeal to you.
Even if though GTAIV was a bit too serious for my taste, I did really enjoy the driving/just messing around since the world was very interesting. I'll consider getting the episode-bundle.