Free Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC Coming Next Week

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Dragon Zero said:
I'm glad we finally get to play as Batarians and Geth, I guess they added those other classes because the Protheans are the only other species I can think of actually using biotics in a major way. Unless the Vorcha develop them... actually that'd be kinda cool. Anyway, I'm glad to get these, I'm kinda getting just a little bit close to being bored with the current maps. Who knows, maybe they'll add new enemies sometime too, I think the Collectors would be fun.
I still want to be a Hanar... and an Elcor.

OT: Meh, most companies would have charged five bucks for this, nice to see that people might be getting their 10 FREAKIN' DOLLARS back if they bought the game used and want to not die at the final mission.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
The Great JT said:
satsugaikaze said:
Or being forced to poison themselves

(man its like Omega was just one giant batarian killing ground)
My memory's a bit shoddy, when did that happen?

EDIT: Side note, where are the male quarians?! Don't get me wrong, I like female quarians, but who doesn't want to roleplay as Kal'Reegar (especially since you don't meet up with him again)? Maybe this is something Bioware should think about for the next multiplayer DLC pack?
Yeah, they defenantly should have added a gender selection for quarians. For Christ's sake they are like the only race where you can actually tell gender apart! (Well, you can with salarians by the voice)

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
I still want to be a Hanar... and an Elcor.
I like the way you think, traveling around the battlefield choking people or being a literal walking tank. Maybe even give them a mode similar to the Hunt modes in the Star Wars Battlefront games. Or something closely resembling a Killstreak from Call of Duty.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
The Great JT said:
satsugaikaze said:
Or being forced to poison themselves

(man its like Omega was just one giant batarian killing ground)
My memory's a bit shoddy, when did that happen?
If you go to the lower level of Afterlife and order a drink, you'll be poisoned by a Batarian bar tender. You can then force him to poison himself if you've sufficient Renegade Points.

It's all explained here:
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Omega:_Batarian_Bartender

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
m72_ar said:
BiH-Kira said:
And this is another way of EA to build a road for the overpriced DLC. Less than 2 years ago this would be considered just a regular update (except for Activision, but they were always idiots). Now it's a "free" DLC. The next one won't be.
Don't see your point.

Unless they promise free DLC from the start they have no obligations to give away anything for free.

Honestly I can't remember any major dev besides Valve, CD Projekt and Tripwire giving away anything for free in the last two years
Because all 3 have digital content services and it's advertising for using their expensive services (and DRM in steam's case) in exchange for not using much cheaper alternatives?

BlindWorg

Oct 31, 2009
Amazing how the general opinion towards a game company can be turned 180 around and distracted isnt it?

Yes, i like what i see but it wont make me sing praises towards Bioware just yet, if ever. My jimmies are still too rustled by what they did.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Bhaalspawn said:
Gamers: Holy Shit! There's a cahnce EA might not be evil!

Me: Holy shit! Gamers are starting to break from their delusions!

Both: THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH!
Your loyalty to EA confuses me... Explain please.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
C F said:
Geth and Batarian? A map on the moon of Palaven? Plus... no. It couldn't be.
A Krogan Vanguard with Charge?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Fr said:
anc[is]It's free because unlocking this stuff is based on pure chance, and they want you to spend real life money on those booster packs. If all of this stuff was unlocked instantly for everyone then it would be nice. This isn't free, it's just giving you more reasons to gamble.
Actually, I haven't bought a single one of those packs using MS points; I use the in-game credits I earn. And I've been unlocking additional species without a problem. Besides, if they were just given to you right off the bat, they would have to be underpowered to compensate. I don't want that. I've got no qualms with spending a bit of time to earn full-fledged Wrex and Legion-y goodness.
i've unlocked all class/race combinations apart from krogan sentinel and asari adept, without paying a thing. just play a lot before the game comes out, but dont spend your credits until the new characters can be unlocked. simple

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Fr said:
anc[is]It's free because unlocking this stuff is based on pure chance, and they want you to spend real life money on those booster packs. If all of this stuff was unlocked instantly for everyone then it would be nice. This isn't free, it's just giving you more reasons to gamble.
So, technically it isn't free for people that apparently can't be bothered to take the time to play the game to earn the credits to get the chance to get those characters and items, people that are impatient and gullible, so they pay for free things.

So....it is actually free. Good.

No matter how you look at it, the thing is free. Only people that don't have willpower or supposed "free time" to earn the items they want will pay money for packs, that's their problem if they can't be patient and wait for the chance when they might get the items. And really, they being stupid to pay money for something that is random. If one of my favorite developers is funded buy such a thing, so be it.

It takes me all of an hour an forty-five minutes of play time, on bronze to earn 99000 credits for the recent limited time Premium Spectre pack, which I've used credits to get two of so far, well worth the play time too. The first one, I finally got the M-98 Widow and another level for my Geth Shotgun. The second one, I got a nice reset powers card, and finally unlocked both the Krogan Soldier and the Drell Vanguard. Now the only characters I have to unlock from the original release group, are the Salarian Infiltrator, and Quarian Engineer.

Getting at least 15000 credits on bronze is easy, as of late I would say my full extraction rate on bronze is 98% of the time. The other 2% comes from asses that apparently don't know how extraction works, or they are apparently more concerned with their kill count and possibly edging other people out in points(even though it really doesn't matter).

Vault101 said:
I find it kind of hilariosu the only mulipalyer game Ive ever liked/stuck with is ME3

Im actually excited for this?...god whats wrong with me
Nothing, nothing is wrong with you. I never use to play much multiplayer, until I got my 360 a couple years ago and actually had friends with the same console to play with.

I would have to say that even if I didn't have friends that played it, I'd still be into ME3 multiplayer. I play it practically every day now.

I look back on the time when all the people boo-hooing that all is lost because ME3 was going to have multiplayer, and laugh hard.

Of course I still see the odd random person that still rails against it, but at this point I think those people are just trying to be party-poopers.

And yes, I am extremely exited too. I mean, wow, a Krogan Vanguard. When played properly, Vanguards are practically insta-win broken. Now with a Krogan biotic charge, I think the world will explode with how awesome his might will be. I think I will name him Worg, or maybe Rorg, he will go with my other past and current Krogan brothers, Norg, Torg, and Borg. =p Sorry, I'm not very creative with my names at times, sometimes I have to do it quickly, which has results like my first Drell Adept being named Mop(he leaves the bulk of the force to the tank style classes, while he cleans up the rest).

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
eh..when I first started out I bought a bunch of packs..because i had money left on my account, not enough to by anything i wanted...so I figured I might as well (I buy the cards see)

Im surprised there isnt some kind of mode where you play against other players

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
Vault101 said:
Sonic Doctor said:
eh..when I first started out I bought a bunch of packs..because i had money left on my account, not enough to by anything i wanted...so I figured I might as well (I buy the cards see)

That's fine, I would give that a pass. It ranks on the level that instead of saving my odd amount of points for cheap games later, I get the hair-brained idea that I actually want new items for my XBL avatar to use.

I think what some of the worriers complained about on the multiplayer, was that they thought it was going to be a free-for-all death match type thing. What we got was perfect, and it actually fits with the single player and makes sense.

I don't think such a play against other players thing would work, it just wouldn't make sense.

Besides, I already know there is plenty of player against player competition on who gets the most kills and points. I've witnessed to many people taking my kills when I was doing fine, to think otherwise.

Plus, I'm experienced a few other times when I've shot a missile to save my team because they are dieing horribly because against an Atlus, a phantom, a couple guardians, and a Centurion or an Engineer, then after saving the day by doing so and finishing the wave, I get said people that would have died and failed, running up to me, shooting me and meleeing me because apparently they could have handled it because they wanted to waste their medi-gels and survival packs in trying to get those kills.

So it is competitive enough already. The game already has too much multi-jerks as I call them. The ones that think people that don't play their way, are stupid. Today I changed a game from silver to bronze after the last guy changed it to silver and then left three rounds in when one of the other players kept dying(not me), so I decided I wanted to change it back to bronze because, I didn't want a challenge at the time. The guy that came in to replace the guy that left, yelled at me through his mic, "You want to play bronze!!! You are stupid man!! You are an idiot!" I decided to leave because I tried to kick him, but I couldn't get the other players to vote him out.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
WONDERFUL NEWS!!! All we need now is the

Hanar Sentinel
Volus Engineer
Elcor Warrior
Vorcha Vanguard

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
Vault101 said:
Sonic Doctor said:

snip.
perhaps the thing Ive seen in dead space 2 and left 4 deads multiplayer

one team plays as "standard"

while the other plays as the enemy..and respawn as they die

then at the end of the round you swap

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
Vault101 said:
Sonic Doctor said:

Well, I haven't played those games, so I didn't know about that. I guess it could work for ME3, but I don't think EA/BioWare will want to do the work to add it. I think it would take a bit of an overhaul on how the ME3 multiplayer works to add it.

I'm content with the way it is now, with the weekly objectives and such, well so long as they start straightening things out with people getting the objective packs that are do to them. Though of course the latest problem with those packs can be blamed on the damned cheaters using an exploited to get more than one commendation pack.

Also, I hope Sony will finally let BioWare have the objective weeks and rewards on the PS3, to get the PS3 people to shut up about it on the BioWare forums. The reason I hate that is that all those people complaining are blaming BioWare, when it is Sony that is barring BioWare form letting the PS3 players to take part.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
Vault101 said:
Sonic Doctor said:

snip.
objective of the week huh?,,,I didnt know about that, PS3 here :p

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
I hope some new enemies appear like Reaper Drell, Hanar, Salarian and Vorcha; returning Geth enemies like the Hopper, Armature and Sniper; create some new Cerberus enemies like a biotic, some shotgun wielding enemies. finally maybe add some other factions like maybe Merc forces consisting of Blue Suns, Blood Pack and Eclipse and parhaps a return of the collectors? i know most of them died but there could be a chance the reaper kept some in their fleet.

also it would be nice if the Back/select button allowed players to spot enemies, the amount of times i've been warning people down the mic that theres a brute/banshee/phamtom/whatever behind them while they were sniping and not listening is too many to count.

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
Got 400k credits saved up for tuesday (which shall now be known as batarian day). Though the random unlock gods wont shine upon us, I'll be unlocking the geth first when I want the batarians and all those that want geth will get what I want.

New weapons looks interesting as well, even if the harpoon gun is rubbish it will still be fun to use.