Free Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC Coming Next Week

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
ChromaticWolfen said:
hazabaza1 said:
Krogan... Vanguard?
OH BIOWARE YOU KNOW JUST HOW TO TOUCH MY HAPPY PLACES
Won't it just be another Krogan you won't get(h).
Right, so I have Stalkers now. Creepy.
I kid, of course, but hey, the motivation to MANLY FUCKING KROGAN CHARGE stuff will drive me on.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
Sounds like a pretty sweet deal. The Mass Effect Multiplayer is awesome. If they did this to make up for the terrible ending then I'm glad it sucked (I haven't actually seen it yet).

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Vault101 said:
objective of the week huh?,,,I didnt know about that, PS3 here :p
Yeah, the way it is playing out so far, is that every other week there is a special objective, the first one was Operation Goliath, the community was given the task to kill at least one million brutes over that weekend, if the community succeeded the whole community were to get a "Victory Pack" as a reward, which can contain guns or sometimes just equipment and power-ups. On top of that, any team that was able to complete a silver round with full extraction, all team members involved were to get a "Commendation Pack", those packs contain regular items like mentioned before, but also each pack is guaranteed to include one of the special N7 weapons, or an upgrade for one of the N7 weapons if you already have one. The community reached the goal, we actually all together killed three million Brutes. So everybody got victory packs and some people got the commendation packs, I didn't get the Comm. pack, because I wasn't able to get full extraction.

After that came, Operation Fortress, where during the set time period, all players got 25% extra exp per match. This lead up to the last big community operation, Operation Raptor. The community was tasked with promoting at least 150,000 multiplayer characters to be war assets for the Galaxy at War in the main game. If that was reached, "Victory Packs" given, and if a player promoted at
least two characters during the time period, they were also to get a "Commendation Pack". The community of course succeeded in that as well. I got my Victory pack, but, before they got around to giving me and several thousand more people their Commendation packs for promoting at least two, they had the freeze it and stop handing them out, because there were some people cheating by using and exploit that allowed them to get more than one Commendation pack. So BioWare said they had to stop handing them out, until they banned the people that cheated(I guess, because what else is there to do with cheaters) and fixed the problem, players that should get the comm. packs won't.

As for why the PS3 owners don't get to take part in these operations and pack rewards:For some reason, I didn't try to find out since I don't own one, Sony isn't letting BioWare put these operations and ability to get the packs onto the PS3. All I know is that it isn't going to happen soon, because Sony is apparently being really bitchy about the situation or something. As I said before, I don't like the situation, because many PS3 players that think Sony can do no wrong to them, are going to the BioWare forums and saying that it has to be BioWare fault.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Puddleknock said:
Got 400k credits saved up for tuesday (which shall now be known as batarian day). Though the random unlock gods wont shine upon us, I'll be unlocking the geth first when I want the batarians and all those that want geth will get what I want.

New weapons looks interesting as well, even if the harpoon gun is rubbish it will still be fun to use.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing too. Stocking up on Creds now for the big spend. Hoping I'll get what I want hehe

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
I see what you did there >.>

Trying to pull the people who left you back in with free stuff? Well it might just work... When you've changed those endings!

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
Sonic Doctor said:
Vault101 said:
objective of the week huh?,,,I didnt know about that, PS3 here :p
Yeah, the way it is playing out so far, is that every other week there is a special objective, the first one was Operation Goliath, the community was given the task to kill at least one million brutes over that weekend, if the community succeeded the whole community were to get a "Victory Pack" as a reward, which can contain guns or sometimes just equipment and power-ups. On top of that, any team that was able to complete a silver round with full extraction, all team members involved were to get a "Commendation Pack", those packs contain regular items like mentioned before, but also each pack is guaranteed to include one of the special N7 weapons, or an upgrade for one of the N7 weapons if you already have one. The community reached the goal, we actually all together killed three million Brutes. So everybody got victory packs and some people got the commendation packs, I didn't get the Comm. pack, because I wasn't able to get full extraction.

After that came, Operation Fortress, where during the set time period, all players got 25% extra exp per match. This lead up to the last big community operation, Operation Raptor. The community was tasked with promoting at least 150,000 multiplayer characters to be war assets for the Galaxy at War in the main game. If that was reached, "Victory Packs" given, and if a player promoted at
least two characters during the time period, they were also to get a "Commendation Pack". The community of course succeeded in that as well. I got my Victory pack, but, before they got around to giving me and several thousand more people their Commendation packs for promoting at least two, they had the freeze it and stop handing them out, because there were some people cheating by using and exploit that allowed them to get more than one Commendation pack. So BioWare said they had to stop handing them out, until they banned the people that cheated(I guess, because what else is there to do with cheaters) and fixed the problem, players that should get the comm. packs won't.

As for why the PS3 owners don't get to take part in these operations and pack rewards:For some reason, I didn't try to find out since I don't own one, Sony isn't letting BioWare put these operations and ability to get the packs onto the PS3. All I know is that it isn't going to happen soon, because Sony is apparently being really bitchy about the situation or something. As I said before, I don't like the situation, because many PS3 players that think Sony can do no wrong to them, are going to the BioWare forums and saying that it has to be BioWare fault.
But starting this week PS3 players are allowed to take part as well [http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Mass-Effect-3-Operation-Beachhead-Arriving-Weekend-PS3-Gamers-Snubbed-Longer-41163.html]. I guess Sony / Bioware finally reached an agreement.

angry_flashlight

Jul 20, 2010
Did-did that Geth have a Mass Effect version of Halo Reach's Armour Lock? ... wut?

Nevermind, KROGAN VANGUARD!!!!!!1111!!!!! Biotic charge + Rage?

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Honestly? Meh. I found the multiplayer to be fun but mediocre overall (same three waves of enemies on the same maps that I already played in singleplayer... While it's a well done gametype, I'd like to see more... Competitive multiplayer, some objective-based missions, or something), and the first few DLC packs in ME2 were free too, and provided some actual gameplay content, not just a few skins and new maps for multiplayer.

Could care less on my end.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
This was free from the start, way back when they announced that multiplayer DLC was going to be released. Seems that they are using to gain some goodwill after the ME3 ending debacle and being declared worst company of 2012.

Sorry EA, it's not working.

Captcha: dead air.
Indeed.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
Vault101 said:
I find it kind of hilariosu the only mulipalyer game Ive ever liked/stuck with is ME3

Im actually excited for this?...god whats wrong with me
You've been indoctrinated. Don't fight it.

Relaver

Jun 5, 2010
Me and my friends would make jokes about how bad ass a Krogan vangard would be, well looks like Bioware some how heard this joke......

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
This is just EA trying to cover its huge greasy ass, because they won the most hated company award.
But I don't think even EA would charge money for stuff you have to unlock randomly, I have been doing multiplayer for ages and still have NO Krogan. If I had to pay for this I would not bother.
But violent muttering aside this looks really really good for a free download, I am genuinely looking forward to this dlc. Now all they need is a trade system (and Volus adepts...... and Hanar sentinels).

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Update : Just downloaded the DLC

WHAT? I still have to play and buy those random packs to unlock the characters???

...I would rage, but it was free soooooooo... it's not so bad?

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Discord said:
Update : Just downloaded the DLC

WHAT? I still have to play and buy those random packs to unlock the characters???

...I would rage, but it was free soooooooo... it's not so bad?
Come on, you didn't think it would be that easy, did you?

I have yet to download the DLC...unless the patch WAS the DLC. No, right?